Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Pyramimd building?

(1/5) > >>

Kamudo:
I'm curious if anybody has attempted to build a large pyramid. I really want to build one underground and have it be like a pit thing with the pyramid in the center. Is there any advice for this? This idea has been bugging me all day.

Heliman:
Well you could build it on an underground bottomless pit, though they may be hard to find

Kamudo:
I'm just noticing my glaring typo. Cant edit things on my phone. I mean, like, build the thing comepletely underground, then dig around it till its above ground, sorta like a pit.

mareck:
First thing. FIND A VERY DEEP MAP. start on top the largest mountain in your world. I had to restart because my old fort was not deep enough.

Pyramids must always be an uneven number. They work better that way.
And their end height is more than half their width.
best is to plan it before u build it. and if u want to open up above it. Do it before hand. a nasty collapse can make some big holes.

Holy Mittens:
I've built an upside down cast-obsidian pyramid before that was 17 z-levels deep. It involved me mining out the individual levels, then pouring magma in, then pouring water on top of the magma, then carving out the paths inside and then smoothing/engraving them.

It was a hell of a lot of work, but it was fun to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version