Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 43393 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)
« Reply #345 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:04 pm »

:I

Toaster is male.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 17, 2013, 01:04:44 am »

Nice job, Deathsword. I guess you can see why I don't want to join any non-BMs now  :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 17, 2013, 07:08:20 am »

Nice job, Deathsword. I guess you can see why I don't want to join any non-BMs now  :P
You handled yourself pretty well and your case in that last BM was pretty good. You should join a non-BM (and try to get rid of the lurker meta). The reason you lost was that Lenglon and Shinigami didn't believe you for some reason.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 17, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »

You handled yourself pretty well and your case in that last BM was pretty good. You should join a non-BM (and try to get rid of the lurker meta). The reason you lost was that Lenglon and Shinigami didn't believe you for some reason.
I can't speak for Lenglon but I personally believed him. I was torn between following the slight WIFOM-esc type of play style that I actually prefer to the hard evidence in my face. Borno, you had a bad record of acting scummy so I chose to look at you. In one of my later posts in response to your case I wanted to press you hopping that a cornered mouse could tear off a limb of an opponent. No Captain Ford, I was not being an asshole simply to be an asshole :(. If that made sence good, if you need a more acquit response instead of this rambley thing then I can do that too I think.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 17, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »

No Captain Ford, I was not being an asshole simply to be an asshole :(.
I'm sorry about that. I was worried I may have been a bit harsh. It did occur to me that you were merely doing it to put pressure on Borno, but you also put yourself into a position where it was hard to change your opinion without a mammoth amount of effort from Borno.

In my opinion, that was the case that Borno was going to make, and no further amount of effort was going to produce better results (can't squeeze blood from a stone). The expected effect would have been to make Borno exasperated, since he already dug up everything he could on a guy who barely posts -- which it did do. So, you know...
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 17, 2013, 06:04:51 pm »

Oh, I completely understand, especially the posision I was in myself. What was needed, and near impossible to do at that point of the game, was for Borno to create a strong case and find chinks in the armor that had not already been found. I personally wanted this to happen but I couldn't do it alone. I was hoping beyond hope really that squeezing a rock would in fact procure blood.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 17, 2013, 06:13:14 pm »

Yeah, that's understandable, especially for your first game. I was a little too harsh on you, I think. You did quite well, overall, but there is only so far you can push people. And pushing DS might have produced better results, if you were looking for chinks.

My opinion is that it's always better to search for chinks in the present than in the past, which means exerting pressure.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 06, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »

Sorry, I disappeared part way through :(
Something happened IRL that didn't allow me to be online
Word
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]