Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 847088 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2012, 07:00:56 am »

Yes. Once the wound is healed. Completely.
So is it normal that this can take, well, quite a few years?

Shure wish a vampire would come to my fort...
Yep, a few years depending on the dwarf.

You'd regret the second line for a number of reasons in vamps, still under testing by much of the community. However, they take care of population boom, not saying everything else does though.

What the hell is this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have 3 of those zombies in my map.

Edit : Anyone had any luck with Xbowdorfs?
Yep on Marksdwarves. Those zombies may be some kind of Night Creature, as the symbol for those are the N with tilde.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2012, 07:04:28 am »

You'd regret the second line for a number of reasons in vamps, still under testing by much of the community. However, they take care of population boom, not saying everything else does though.
Oh, I know about vamps :D

I intended to make this fortress have a vampire aristocracy, with heavily trained soldiers first to be converted - presumably healing these wounds quicker.

But alas, just a bunch of useless fish dissectors and their children.

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2012, 08:43:57 am »

Have the migrant waves been adjusted in this version? Through the first year I went from the starting 7 to 17 dwarfs which is usually normal, but of the 10 I gained, 7 were children, it made the first year extremely slow for any type of work.

The next migrant wave in the second year made me go from 17 to 56, 26 of those are now children which is absurd, in the 2010 version I'd usually have 3-5 children for every 30-40 dwarfs, now half my bloody fort is useless mouths to feed.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2012, 08:54:05 am »

Migrants are now usually historical figures, rather than being spontaneously generated, and so when they arrive are more likely to already have a spouse and children (press r on their status screen to see a longer list of relations). They're also more likely to be farmers, fishermen, rangers, etc.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2012, 09:04:06 am »

I have a wolverine corpse in my refuse stockpile outside, but no butcher order has been made in the kitchen. The corpse is fresh and the dwarves are set to gather refuse from outside. How can I get this corpse butchered?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2012, 09:06:49 am »

Creatures aren't butchered in the kitchen.  Build a butcher's shop instead.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2012, 09:26:47 am »

Creatures aren't butchered in the kitchen.  Build a butcher's shop instead.

*Smashes face on desk*

I knew that, and I've actually watched something get butchered there 10 minutes before posting. Checked the butcher's and it is indeed waiting for someone to butcher it. I guess I panicked when some of the corpses started rotting. I guess my dwarves are too busy.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2012, 10:20:22 am »

I'm building my first pump stack *fingers crossed it works*. One thing I can't find out, how do I connect all my windmills to provide the power? Can I simply build them touching each other, or do I need a gear between each or?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2012, 10:21:09 am »

assign more dwarfs the butcher labor and build a couple extra butchers shops. I usually have 3 inactive, waiting to help processing the mounts of a siege, if needed.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2012, 10:37:35 am »

I'm building my first pump stack *fingers crossed it works*. One thing I can't find out, how do I connect all my windmills to provide the power? Can I simply build them touching each other, or do I need a gear between each or?

Windmills only transmit power from the center tile.  A windmill must therefore be built on top of whatever it is powering.  To link multiple windmills together, you need to build a system of gears connected by horizontal wooden shafts, with a windmill on top of each gear.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2012, 10:46:10 am »

you can however stack windmills as high as you wish on top of the other windmill
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2012, 10:52:14 am »

Zombified FBs are still [TRAP_AVOID]?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:55 am »

OK so a stairway to heaven and a big stack of windmills. Sounds funny.

Hope I don't get a flying building destroyer.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:02 am »

I have 3 of those zombies in my map.
You had a dwarf called Libash Akathstinthad, who died and whose corpse ended in a biome that resurrects the dead. The corpse then rose from the dead and made enough kills to get a name, rather like other creatures that don't have names until they earn them. In this case its name is 'Libash Akanstinthad's corpse' and not the more general 'corpse' or 'dwarf corpse', but the mechanics are the same.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2012, 11:19:21 am »

Just so you guys know Tarn Confirmed that dwarf couples only need one bed. Email:

"
They just need one bed. I'm not sure what bugs there are.

Tarn
"

Yup. It can be a child and parent as well. And doesn't have to be their own, owned bed. I've seen for instance a mother, her new baby, and one of her older children all sleeping in a bed in the dormitory at the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 422