Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 253018 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4: Signups!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 02:38:46 pm »

Can't say I'm too bothered. The team's a bit TV bloated IMO, and 1,010,000 gold pieces buys a lot of inducements. For one, he'll be playing with around 2 rerolls each half...

Anyway, if we get one more player to sign up, I'll create the league and we'll get started. Anyone else have some friends? :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

shiodome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »

i'm not complaining because i don't particularly care, but inducements have never made up the shortfall between teams of widely different TV nor were they intended to.  you can have halfling master chef, 3 extra rerolls a wizard and 4 bribes.  it still doesn't matter if you're a basic lineman going up against block, guard, mighty blow, claw, piling on (for example).  it isn't so much about whether a team can feasibly win (they always can in bloodbowl, especially agility teams), but whether a rookie team can get off the ground when much more likely to take casualties and without the spare men to fill the gap nor the money to replace.

a pity bloodbowl never had the XP bonus system of necromunda for being the underdog.  would make that a non-issue.

i'll play anyway, but just don't pretend inducements will help vs a high TV bashy team :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:08:52 pm by shiodome »

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:33 pm »

Buy all the apothecaries you can.

Mitigate serious stat-loss and death, or your money back.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 01:35:51 am »

i'm not complaining because i don't particularly care, but inducements have never made up the shortfall between teams of widely different TV nor were they intended to.  you can have halfling master chef, 3 extra rerolls a wizard and 4 bribes.  it still doesn't matter if you're a basic lineman going up against block, guard, mighty blow, claw, piling on (for example).  it isn't so much about whether a team can feasibly win (they always can in bloodbowl, especially agility teams), but whether a rookie team can get off the ground when much more likely to take casualties and without the spare men to fill the gap nor the money to replace.

a pity bloodbowl never had the XP bonus system of necromunda for being the underdog.  would make that a non-issue.

i'll play anyway, but just don't pretend inducements will help vs a high TV bashy team :P

Did you bother look at his team in question? It's hardly your average 2,000 TV chaos block, guard, mighty blow, claw, piling on team.

Certainly, being a thousand TV down is a large gap to overcome, and I do realize inducements will not cover all of that... but it's hardly as bad as it looks at first glance.

Edit: I believe I've successfully created the league now.

"Bay12 League S4" with the password "rawr"

Unfortunately, I did not see any way to set the playoffs to a two-leg format. If someone could explain how, I'd be willing to... but I didn't see a way. :(
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:22:38 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 07:49:24 am »

Did you bother look at his team in question? It's hardly your average 2,000 TV chaos block, guard, mighty blow, claw, piling on team.

Certainly, being a thousand TV down is a large gap to overcome, and I do realize inducements will not cover all of that... but it's hardly as bad as it looks at first glance.

Edit: I believe I've successfully created the league now.

"Bay12 League S4" with the password "rawr"

Unfortunately, I did not see any way to set the playoffs to a two-leg format. If someone could explain how, I'd be willing to... but I didn't see a way. :(

It's funny, every time I got an upgrade on a non-scoring-related player, I've contemplated claw, but we just tended not to have a lot AV 9+ teams such that it would be worthwhile. This season, with Vamps, Ogres, Undead, and potentially dwarves, it might be a little more tempting. But it's still so darn situational!

The Chaos Warriors have been moving toward block across the board, but they haven't been SPP machines, so their growth has been pretty slow. Because I tend to use them as the anchors for my front line (and I *do* play an aggressive front line with every team I field), they're usually not in strong positions to be part of my offense. Maybe I ought to give one three arms, just to keep people thinking. :-)

If I ever roll doubles with a Chaos Warrior, *then* I'll have some interesting choices!

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 07:52:16 am »

My confusion is why ndkid would want to play at TV2000 team against fresh teams, it's not gonna be much fun for anyone.

If it was a long league people would have a chance to catch up but two groups of 4 and a four man play-off is five games at best.

If we're gonna go like that how about we bring in teams that are built up in public games or other leagues, at least we could have some competion. I've got a 1600ish Necro team that might stand a decent chance against ndkids chaos team.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:20 am »

It's going to be a 9 game season, 10 players in a single group. There's no other way to divide it, unless we somehow find not one, but three more players.

Or someone drops out. In that case, it'd be a 6 game season. In groups of 4 play, we'd play each team twice.

If ndkid got to 2000 in 13 games, you can probably get to something that can challenge that in 10. Or you can play your S3 (or S2/S1, if you have them) teams, if you'd rather that.

I'm personally a bit wary of allowing in teams from other leagues, but what does everyone else think? Unallowable? Allowable in general? Allowable for S4, given the situation?

An alternative would be lengthening the season, 18 games would take at least 4 months, and probably closer to 6 though.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:09:24 am by Kanil »

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 08:16:50 am »

Yeah, didn't spot that we were up to 9 people..dosn't change much though, I'm all for people brining teams forward, but when almost every one wants to start new teams, bringing a team like that is just....not cricket.

shiodome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 08:33:27 am »

my plan is to just beat the crap out of the high TV teams until they're 1000tv again. :D  i would be against 'public teams' being brought in, by their nature public team that don't have a good start tend to get scrapped and started again and are a lot leaner than similar TV teams from 'proper leagues' who just have to roll with whatever the dice gods throw at them. 

so i'm all for established teams, as long as they're from previous seasons.  i've hada good long unbeaten run recently, looking forward to getting my head kicked in again.

i looked at that chaos team, and it is terribly bloated.  it'd probably play like a 1,500tv team :P

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 08:54:16 am »

Well, we're at an awkward number, and Tiny thinks veteran teams are uncool and Shiodome (who does not care) thinks new teams versus veteran teams is no fun.

So, I nominate myself to sit out this year. That'll get the number back down to 8, and mean that people can grouse about the veteran Lizardman team, instead.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 08:57:21 am »

No need to do that, man. We'll find a tenth team and Tiny can play his Dwarves or something if it really bothers him that much.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2012, 09:44:23 am »

That's the last thing I want is to play that team again, in fact I already deleted the team, I hate playing dwarves.

ndkid, your saying if "I can't play my uber team, I won't play", well fuck you then, I'll even the numbers.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:59 am »

You actually deleted the team just now, since it was still there when I checked out your Necromantic team two hours ago. Although I can understand the sentiment.

Unfortunately, you're both now acting like children.

Is there a compromise that can be reached here, so we can all have an enjoyable season?

shiodome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:07 am »

everyone play goblins? :D

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 10:08:50 am »

Yeah, I was tidying up teams an hour or so ago, got rid of them.

I can agree I'm raging a bit, tbh, I though ndkid was being a dick for even wanting to bring a team like that into a basicly fresh league, and the "fuck you guys, I'm going home" response just pissed me off.

I'm just not up for getting wound up by games (playing Eve burned me out on that), so I'll just wander off elsewhere for some bloodbowl.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 149