Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Game Over. The Emperor Remains Immortal  (Read 47844 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huzzah.

Hopefully get started tonight - don't get home till late, so.... 9-10 hours from now?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

'scool. I'm busy next saturday/sunday and will at best manage a brief post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I will be ultra busy and use that as an excuse for any scumslips.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Toony, just to confirm, you love being third party right? ;)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Late. Looks like this game start is getting pushed off until tomorrow night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Little lord Book says "Men take a look"
When the doors come down on their head
A ghost dances on wires
sets mysterious fires
hoping Book soon will be dead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Emperor curses under his breath."What do you mean you have no idea what that explosion was! It was too close, is is what it was, get me-"

On the other end, somewhat indistinct: "Sir, sorry to interrupt, but we've got a ghost on the wires sir. Our-" "Get the techs up. Deal with it. Out! Sorry, Emperor, but it looks like we have an electronic infiltrator."

Book's eyes narrow, looking down at many of the guard in the room with him. "Men, I doubt he's here for giggles - this is the work of the rebellion. Sweep the halls. Now. Minister..." Book said, turning to the man he was meeting with. "Return with your report tomorrow, we will finish discussing it then, and we can...

*static, and then from the intercom* WHY HELLO THERE FRIENDS! It's me, your friendly neighborhood snowman! My, my, was that ANOTHER explosion!? Things seem to be getting downright Dystopian in here! GRIN GRIN GRIN thats me describing how much I'm grinning right now! Also... have fun. It might be a while till you get out. WINK WINK. Buhbye!" The heavy doors of the throne room slam shut, clicking into place and sealing.

The Emperor looked around the room at those who were left. He may have been confined to his throne while he healed from the LAST assassination attempt, but he knew that this was not going to end here. Someone had to be around to finish the job personally - they wouldn't want to leave any doubt he had survived.

"Men, move! There's a traitor, perhaps more, in this throne room, and I will see them brought to justice! FOR EARTH!

"For Earth!" came the cry from the gathered crowd.

This game is somewhat different than my last game due to the presence of the Emperor. The Emperor has a few special powers. The most important is pretty simple -
He is confirmed town.

The second is also pretty important -
If the Imperial Emperor dies, the Imperials immediately lose.

Finally, the Emperor can "king" someone with the wave of his hand. If (and only if) he uses this ability, that players vote WILL be lynched.

He has a few other tricks up his sleeve as well, but... well, that would be telling. ;)

Have fun, it is now Day 1.

Day ends in roughly 72 hours (3 days).

I am open to questions either here or via PM - this is not the sort of semi-bastard where I beat around the bush on rules questions. Mechanically, I am willing to tell you most anything you ask, aside from role stuff. Though I may answer some of that as well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 1! For Earth!
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:38 pm »

Oooh Toaster I guess.  Why are you orange still?  The Emperor speaks blue and I am labeled as blue so I am clearly imperial.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 11:40:58 pm »

Ottofar, who is more important to hunt for? Cybrids or rebels?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2012, 11:49:37 pm »

Toony:  Obviously because my avatar is orange.  Why else?

Book:  How will your status as confirmed town affect your scum hunting strategy?

Think:  Being a newbie and all, what role scares you the most?

Ottofar:  Do you still lurk like a mofo?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2012, 11:59:15 pm »

Tiruin: would you prefer to be a Rebel or a Cybrid ? Why ?

ToonyMan: You think we should be worried about these colors ?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2012, 12:26:52 am »

Toony: Do you believe flavor has any effect in game?

Phantom of The Library: What faction seems to be the most powerful to you?

Toaster: What role would you most likely fear if you were a Cybrid? Also, what is a mofo?

Servant Corps: Let's say you are a Cybrid, if you would choose, what role-type are you most likely to pick and why?

Dariush: Assuming you were a...persuader of some sort (how do you call those that can convert to their faction in general?), on what grounds would you tread on to pick your recruit?

Ottofar: Do you find metagaming as a useful aid?

Mod:
Finally, the Emperor can "king" someone with the wave of his hand. If (and only if) he uses this ability, that players vote WILL be lynched.
So it must be announced then? And...majority cannot lynch, the Emperor can?
This is partly a Kingmaker Mafia?

@Simple: I would prefer to be a Cybrid, because their faction has a power that can see the full role of a player and then gain one of their abilities. Also, judging from the past Cybrid, they seem to be the third-party equivalent so more fun playing against two teams and they have a varying set of powers. Why did you leave out Imperial in the list of choices?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2012, 12:33:36 am »

To king, the Emperor simply makes a post in the thread.

Say, I king so and so in bold.

He can't lynch anyone himself, he can just decide who /else/ CAN.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:21 am »

ToonyMan: You think we should be worried about these colors ?
Worry isn't the right word.  More like care.

Toony: Do you believe flavor has any effect in game?
Yes!

Hey Toaster, why is Dariush blue instead of orange?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:49 am »

Ottofar, who is more important to hunt for? Cybrids or rebels?

Cybrids usually because cult-like.

Ottofar:  Do you still lurk like a mofo?

Hope not.

Ottofar: Do you find metagaming as a useful aid?

Yes. I haven't played in a while though, so I probably won't do that much.

Think, RB or a Doc?

Corps, 1-shot inspect or a 1-shot kill?

Toaster, Super-Saint or a PGO?

Phantom, The Emperor or the King?

Dariush, Why is Toaster orange instead of blue?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:46 am »

Tiruin:  Getting guarded by the Guard would be pretty bad.  Also, mofo is American slang.

Toony:  Because of the blueness in his heart, expressed through bouts of rage and goat fucking.

Ottofar:  PGO.  I get nightkilled far more often than I get lynched.

Given that neither of those roles exist in this gametype, what did you hope to gain from that question?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18