Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3829345 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #840 on: April 16, 2012, 04:37:46 pm »

"G'night y'all, hope to see ya in the mornin." Adrian goes to sleep.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #841 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:09 pm »

(And I think if Faith crafted something like that, she'd keep it for herself. *eyebrow waggle*)
(( :P))

Milno is interested in the first channel and uses the remote to return to it.
He was living in a backwater planet and in a backwater region, so he has little to no knowledge about many of the things pertaining the outside world.

Heh, if they don't do it soon they may both end up as robots and all that intimacy may be reduced to something akin to two roombas bumping into each other.
((Even the GM agrees.))
You flip back to the first channel.

"..Vermilion 8 has long been a major military outpost for the Xeno race known as the Heabi. The Heabi are a fiercely territorial species of pseudo-intelligent fungi strains which conquer any planet they come across and, over a period of tens or hundreds of years, spread across it's entire surface. Once they've subsumed the entire planet they convert it into a single massive colony ship by using organo-rockets to push it out of orbit and propel it across the galaxy, spreading spores as they go.

Vermilion 8 has been spared this fate by means of near constant bombardment yet the Magistars' forces and those of the xeno's remain in constant stalemate. Magistar Istar's proposal to use Titans to forcibly clear the surface of infestation through ground level combat has been hailed as both inspirationally bold and suicidally myopic. The Magistar's of The Vermilion system have yet to come to a decision..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 16, 2012, 04:54:41 pm »

Milno raises an eyebrow and grins.

Massive warfare against fungi and planets being turned into ships? Things were really interesting out there.

He changes to the second channel. Milno is interested in knowing more about the Civic Defenders.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 16, 2012, 04:56:01 pm »

(Quintuple XD

I just noticed Irony's FTFY of Caellath's quote. I skipped over it earlier because I thought he was just doing a +1 thing.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #844 on: April 16, 2012, 05:22:28 pm »

>Welp, seems like everyone is ready or at least too stunned to say otherwise. Alright, everyone into the pods, we're out of here.

Alarms sound throughout the ship and everyone begins moving toward their stasis pods. The conscripts return to the barracks and the pods set into the walls. No one can do anything but step inside and sit back, listening to the muffled alarms as the coffin like pods close and darkness surrounds them. They knew of needles and catheters and liquid diets that would come in the next days, but that wouldn't be something they'd have to experience. The pods would do everything for them while they slept. All they had to do was lay back against the form fitting gel and count back from 100.

You wake up slowly, groggily. In your head, you're still on 94, but to the rest of you it's been much longer. You pull yourself from your pod and stumble out, toward the Docking bays.

>Lets go people, lets go.

You slip on your suit and triple check you have everything with you before piling into the waiting shuttle; it's one of the chrome, tear drop ones so you're going to be going in slow. You strap yourself into the bucket seats along the walls and try once again to shake the haze from your head. Stasis always does this.

>Alright my soon to be former friends. Call sign is Alpha team for this mission. We're sending you out in 60. Make sure you're weapons are ready, your suits are sealed and whatever deity you prefer to talk to has your forwarding address.

You count off the seconds and stop at 70. You never felt the ship move or accelerate, but it must be going. You sit in silence, curious or maybe terrified about what waits within that pocket of space so alien that it would make even the most open minded of physics professors froth in rabid indignation.

>Passing into the Anomaly in 10. We may lose contact once you're inside. Take anything that looks interesting, kill anything that looks hostile and don't stop to smell the daisies or you may end up pushing them up.

>5
>4
>3
>2
>1

Static.

The ship almost instantly jerks and then steadies. Moments later the landing light blinks on and the exit hatch opens. You and your teammates pile out and into the unknown. You find yourselves not in some vortex of unimaginable horror or inconceivable alien hellscape, but in a field of waist high grass under a pristine blue sky.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 16, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »

"Let's send Jim out first. He can bring back an air sample for analysis. I don't want to walk out there and get vaporized."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 16, 2012, 05:28:02 pm »

"Oh no," Faith moaned. "We're in a dream, or some horrible fantasy come to life! I just know it!

Ohhhhhh, this is going to be horrible. We're going to have to face our greatest fears, or confront someone else's inner demons, or someone's going to get seduced into some weird fantasy and not want to leave anymore...

...not that that's hard, but I mean they're probably going to blow this place up anyway."

Examine grass more carefully. See if I can pinpoint species or distinguishing characteristics.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 16, 2012, 05:31:41 pm »

"What are you talking about? That's only a last resort in video games, TV shows and RPGs, right?"

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 16, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

I'm totally signing up for this. Character sheet in anywhere from 1/2 hour to a day.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #849 on: April 16, 2012, 05:45:11 pm »

Milno raises an eyebrow and grins.

Massive warfare against fungi and planets being turned into ships? Things were really interesting out there.

He changes to the second channel. Milno is interested in knowing more about the Civic Defenders.
You flip back to the second channel but the news story has given way to something about the dropping prices of slaves due to cloning and how many hard working, legitimate slave traders are going out of business.

"Oh no," Faith moaned. "We're in a dream, or some horrible fantasy come to life! I just know it!

Ohhhhhh, this is going to be horrible. We're going to have to face our greatest fears, or confront someone else's inner demons, or someone's going to get seduced into some weird fantasy and not want to leave anymore...

...not that that's hard, but I mean they're probably going to blow this place up anyway."

Examine grass more carefully. See if I can pinpoint species or distinguishing characteristics.
You look at the grass. It's a very vibrant but not unnatural green and  strong. You have no idea what species it is, but it looks normal enough. You try to pull a piece of it out of the ground but it remains steadfastly rooted. Strange.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 16, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »

"Oh, so it's safe" Head outside and scan the area around us.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 16, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »

"Don't let the look fool you, we're dealing with dangerous territory.

I'm on point, if no one minds. As per my battle plan, lets head across the field counter-clockwise and check for the source of that closest secondary distortion. Keep your head on a swivel and your weapons out. Twilit fields of amaranthe or not, we're dealing with whatever killed, imprisoned, or consumed whatever is left of multiple entire battle-ready teams before.

Eyes open, and watch each others back. Head out!"

Mason activates his Scout Eye and sends it off in a wide arc toward the closest secondary objective, making sure to stay out of sight of the primary objective while soaking up as much as possible regarding the surroundings. He is aware that there may be more beneath the surface, or hidden with cloaking/illusion tech. Letting out a deep breath, Mason readies his mind for his Psychokinetic Amp, and sets out.

((I'm offline til 12 hours from now. 6:45 PM, works over, I'll be back online at 9 AM tomorrow. Hope I don't miss anything or slow anything down, and keep your heads down! This place looks harmless but there's some sinister shit here.)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 16, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

"You're just like the medic over there." Adrian said to Mason, exasperated at everyone's bad attitude.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:03:13 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 16, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »

"You're just like the medic over there."

((Specify who you're speaking to when you emote, please :)  ))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 16, 2012, 06:00:33 pm »

(Am I along to be sent out first? ??? Also, have a conversation between Jim and Feyri while I'm here. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1256