Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3825986 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: P-box
« Reply #2505 on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:45 pm »

Two men come into the shuttle, carrying Mesk with them. They throw him in a stasis pod and strap him in.

>Honestly some people are so slow. Anyways. All of your equipment and suits have been loaded into the shuttle's storage; make sure not to open the hatch before you have the suits on unless death by decompression and freezing appeals to you. The ship is computer controlled and set on autopilot; it will wake you when you get there. And remember, get that transmitter up or you'll be in there alone. Good luck.

The stasis pods begin to close, hissing as their covers seal shut. Feyri and Jim exchange one last look as the pods begin to fill with PFC. The ice cold liquid, destined to oxygenate their lungs in place of air, slithers like syrup up their legs as it fills the pod. The pods begin counting down till when the occupant should fall asleep, and everyone tries to forget that there is a very slim chance that they might not fall asleep and instead spend the next 2 weeks in a state of liquid hell, fighting the feeling of drowning while nutrients are pumped into them and waste pumped out. Luckily, everyone passes out just before the fluid reaches their mouth. And then they're awake again, coughing and wheezing, lungs having to reacquaint themselves to air. The pods open and the crew unstraps themselves, Pulling IV's and various tubes from their naked flesh and stepping out to looking around uncertainly. It seems like only seconds have passed, but they each know that they are now very very far from home.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 08, 2012, 11:28:11 pm »

"That was... unpleasant.  Everyone intact?"

Suit up!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 08, 2012, 11:32:39 pm »

Jim helps everyone get awake, alert, and suited up, since he's not suffering the same problems as the rest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:37 pm »

Charro coughs a few more times, grimacing and wiping his face before getting unsteadily to his feet.
"I'm... Pretty sure I won't ever get used to that. Ugh. Everyone alright?"
He glances blearily around, before picking up his rifle and walking over to the storage compartment, shaking his head to try and clear it. The realization of just where he is slowly begins to dawn on him as the sluggishness wears off.
Charro checks on the others, grabs his rifle and suits up. Nerves begin to set in, again.

((Does the shuttle have windows, etc? Can we see the outside terrain from inside?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3:Gearing up
« Reply #2509 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:09 pm »

OK, here's mah character

Name: Henrietta McGeenyton
Appearance: Your average, brunette, minus one eye.
Personal information: Was caught by the government after setting a vegetarian on fire. There was no evidence, as the vegetarian was thoroughly incinerated, so they called it jaywalking. Which she WAS guilty of, though. Prone to being a bit psychopathic, but usually is happy if there's something to burn/blow up/cut/shoot/etc. and money in it.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Arson, assault, and jaywalking.
Stats:
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 5
Endurance: 2
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 5
Skills:
Conventional Weapons 3
Exotic Weapons 1
Handiwork 1
(Unconventional Weapons -1)
Profession: Grunt (+1 Handiwork, -1  Unconventional Weapons)

EDIT: Shit, a bit too late

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:23 pm »

"Just relax, Charro. We got this. I've been through two missions and Feyri made it through her first without a scratch," Jim said reassuringly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 08, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »

"Ech, I never get used to that. I'm good, but noone opens the hatch until I've checked your suits seals. Don't want any nasty decompressions if we can help it."

Suit up, check my seals and those of everyone else's. Then unpack and assemble the MBL with the tools in the advanced kit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3:Gearing up
« Reply #2512 on: May 08, 2012, 11:46:26 pm »

((Yep, lost your chance of going on a crazy trip to the current hellhole. You can always faff about in the ship, though.

Oh well, back to the ship thread I am.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 08, 2012, 11:51:40 pm »

Charro frowned slightly as he covered himself securely in the temperature-proof suit, nervous fingers stumbling over a few of the various fastenings before he was satisfied.
"No need to treat me like a child, Jim. I'm aware of the danger we're in right now, I would rather you focus on keeping the lot of us alive rather than trying to reassure me." He realised he was sounding a bit defensive, and relented as he slid the suit's helmet on. "Thanks, though."
He glanced towards Bishop as he picked up his rifle again, taking a few experimental steps in the suit. "What is that, exactly?"

>Suit up, look at whatever Bishop's doing, get used to wearing the suit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 09, 2012, 12:00:48 am »

"Hey Bishop, do you have a box or something to carry around those tools?  And make sure to keep them in good condition, please."
Mesk waits for everyone to suit up and get ready.
"So, I guess Jim should lead again, followed by Feyri, then me and Bishop, and Charro can take rear guard.  Does that sound okay?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2515 on: May 09, 2012, 12:06:26 am »

"That was... unpleasant.  Everyone intact?"

Suit up!
You grab your gear and get yourself into your suit. Within a few minutes you're ready to go.

Jim helps everyone get awake, alert, and suited up, since he's not suffering the same problems as the rest.
You help Feyri out of her pod first and then anyone else who looks like they need it. You take a moment to exchange your nutrient canister while the rest get ready.
Charro coughs a few more times, grimacing and wiping his face before getting unsteadily to his feet.
"I'm... Pretty sure I won't ever get used to that. Ugh. Everyone alright?"
He glances blearily around, before picking up his rifle and walking over to the storage compartment, shaking his head to try and clear it. The realization of just where he is slowly begins to dawn on him as the sluggishness wears off.
Charro checks on the others, grabs his rifle and suits up. Nerves begin to set in, again.

((Does the shuttle have windows, etc? Can we see the outside terrain from inside?))
(You're never really going to see a ship with window because they're a terrible idea. However...)
You grab your gear and get suited up, trying to shake off the nerves and calm yourself down. You activate one of the monitors to the outside cameras and look out across the world you're on.  You can see the entrance building and the Transmitter from here, little black boxes in a sea of gray dunes.

OK, here's mah character

Name: Henrietta McGeenyton
Appearance: Your average, brunette, minus one eye.
Personal information: Was caught by the government after setting a vegetarian on fire. There was no evidence, as the vegetarian was thoroughly incinerated, so they called it jaywalking. Which she WAS guilty of, though. Prone to being a bit psychopathic, but usually is happy if there's something to burn/blow up/cut/shoot/etc. and money in it.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Arson, assault, and jaywalking.
Stats:
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 5
Endurance: 2
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 5
Skills:
Conventional Weapons 3
Exotic Weapons 1
Handiwork 1
(Unconventional Weapons -1)
Profession: Grunt (+1 Handiwork, -1  Unconventional Weapons)

Got it. Don't worry. There is always next time.

"Ech, I never get used to that. I'm good, but noone opens the hatch until I've checked your suits seals. Don't want any nasty decompressions if we can help it."

Suit up, check my seals and those of everyone else's. Then unpack and assemble the MBL with the tools in the advanced kit.
[The +1 for making the weapon in tinker before real life is actually a dynamic modifier. It can be a +1, a -1 or nothing depending on where the natural roll falls. It will always try to get the total number closer to 5.]

You suit up and check everyone else's suits, tapping each of their faceplates in turn as you clear them, before grabbing Mesk's kit and the shrink wrapped container of parts for your gun. You unpack it and set each part out, remembering how it looked in the simulator before you get to work. You take a deep breath. Its now or never.

The basic body of the gun is nothing but a stripped down gauss cannon so there's little to assemble, just bolt a few things here, connect a few wires there and its together. No one could screw that up. Next is the magnet system for expanding the bolo [4+1 handiwork]. You install and calibrate it perfectly, the correct timing between trigger press and electromagnetic firing burnt into your mind by constant reworking. Now the radio system to control the bolo's retraction. [6-1] You install the transmitter and run the wires up to the switches, securing everything in place and slipping the specially molded grips and casing over them. Finally, the armor. [3+2] You slip the armor on just perfectly, bolting it all in place. The weapon is done...and god is it heavy. You can barely move the thing as you shove it out of the way to begin making the bolo rounds.
[4+1][2+2][5+1-1][4+1][3+2][4+1]
All except one bolo come out perfectly and you load them into the rotating cylinder with pride.

Charro frowned slightly as he covered himself securely in the temperature-proof suit, nervous fingers stumbling over a few of the various fastenings before he was satisfied.
"No need to treat me like a child, Jim. I'm aware of the danger we're in right now, I would rather you focus on keeping the lot of us alive rather than trying to reassure me." He realised he was sounding a bit defensive, and relented as he slid the suit's helmet on. "Thanks, though."
He glanced towards Bishop as he picked up his rifle again, taking a few experimental steps in the suit. "What is that, exactly?"

>Suit up, look at whatever Bishop's doing, get used to wearing the suit.
You get dressed and then watch as Bishop builds a very large gun that appears to shoot Easter eggs. Weird. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: May 09, 2012, 12:11:18 am »

Jim nodded to Mesk. "I'm fine with that plan. Let's get to the transmitter."

Jim leads everyone to the transmitter, taking point.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 09, 2012, 12:24:49 am »

"That plan suits me alright, I suppose. Be careful, guys. Everyone, er, wearing their suit? I've heard bad things about what happens if it's not done up tightly..." So saying, Charro checked his suit again, then mentally scolded himself.
Charro will bring up the rear of the party, frequently glancing over his shoulder.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 09, 2012, 12:26:30 am »

"I haven't accounted for the weight, but Ladies, Gentlemen and Cyborgs..."

Bishop hefts the massive weapon up with both hands with a grunt.

"BEHOLD! THE WILLIS MBL!"

Pride seeped through his announcement, and a massive grin was across his face. Seeing this beast built with his own two hands for the first time was one of the greatest moments in his life.

"What do you think?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:54 am »

Jim's emoticon went ^^;. "So... what does it do?"
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1256