Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3829420 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: The Final Countdown.
« Reply #3765 on: June 16, 2012, 07:10:47 pm »

(Woohoo, I cured Charro!)

Look around.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: June 16, 2012, 07:14:52 pm »

((I think the int penalty is the drugs' fault. The dex penalty...I think he may owe it to you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: June 16, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »

Jim attempted to communicate with the man in the hazmat suit. "Have you found anything?" he asked, deciding to just dispense with the pleasantries entirely and get right to business.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3768 on: June 16, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »

Look around.
It looks like you're just laying in a regular bed..except that the matress seems wrong. It's like it's sloping down on either side, a canyon with your spine in the middle.

Jim attempted to communicate with the man in the hazmat suit. "Have you found anything?" he asked, deciding to just dispense with the pleasantries entirely and get right to business.
"minor scarring of brain tissue, nothing serious." The man in black says as he taps something on his pad. The probes disconnect from you and he steps back to let you up.  "We replaced your melted head." He says, pointing at your head "But those synth flesh arms of yours are still with the Doctor. Please speak with him if you want them."

With that he shoos you out and into the infirmary proper (and the on ship thread).

We'll handle debrief and money once everyone is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: June 16, 2012, 09:13:28 pm »

((Just got back online, getting caught up now!))

Edit: +2 in dex, +1 in endurance, +1 in charisma and +1 in willpower. (Don't ask me how severe brain damage makes one more charismatic!  :-\)
+1 in auxillary systems, +1 in conventional weapons, +1 in unconventional weapons.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:55:48 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3770 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

((Just got back online, getting caught up now!))

Edit: +2 in dex, +1 in endurance, +1 in charisma and +1 in willpower. (Don't ask me how severe brain damage makes one more charismatic!  :-\)
+1 in auxllpary systems, +1 in conventional weapons, +1 in unconventional weapons.

Got it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: June 16, 2012, 10:38:23 pm »

Feyri looked around to see if anyone else was present before turning her gaze at the machine perched above her head. She didn't like the fact that she was in a ward, or that she was naked without reason.

Well, at least she could talk now, and if Bishop was anywhere around, she would ask him what he wanted to say.

If only not for the fact that she was covered in...these things from top to foot.

"Bishop. What the **** did you get me into?!"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:39:57 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: June 16, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »

Feyri looked around to see if anyone else was present before turning her gaze at the machine perched above her head. She didn't like the fact that she was in a ward, or that she was naked without reason.
((Not without reason. The GM/Steve loves getting the female members naked for one reason or another.

I think it is mostly a way of showing who's boss. Also, stasis pods are way worse than just being naked, it is worth remembering.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: June 16, 2012, 10:56:08 pm »

((Not without reason. The GM/Steve loves getting the female members naked for one reason or another.

I think it is mostly a way of showing who's boss. Also, stasis pods are way worse than just being naked, it is worth remembering.))
((You think I didn't pick up the hint earlier?  :P))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: June 16, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »

Bishop looked calmly around, sitting up slowly. It looks like Steve decided to play it safe after all and had scanned the lot of them. At least he did his job properly, so he was thankful for that.

"Well, I'm glad someone decided to take me seriously. Yes, I'm talking to you Steve, and not just myself. Oh, hey Jim!"

Seeing Jim just walk out from behind a door with a brand new head and fixed body, Bishop decided to get things straightened out soon and waved at him to grab his attention.

"Jim! Come over here man, I'd like to talk to you for a sec."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3775 on: June 17, 2012, 12:40:10 am »

Ok, take it all to the on ship thread, we'll save this for the next mission.

Hey, you're all naked in stasis, because it's hard to stick the half dozen tubes and IV's in while you're wearing suits. And Feyri is only naked because the men pulled her straight from her pod. Jim would be naked too if not for the fact that he's always naked.

Mesk, charro and Bishop are all in hospital tunic things.

I have very good reasons to make you naked and only part of it is dehumanizing you :P

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: June 17, 2012, 12:44:18 am »

I have very good reasons to make you naked and only part of it is dehumanizing you :P
(RUN FOR THE HILLS)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: June 17, 2012, 12:48:31 am »

(I'm going to assume the other part is to take away our suits and guns and make us feel rather helpless and at the mercy of the situation, which isn't a bad tactic.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3778 on: June 17, 2012, 01:26:02 am »

(I'm going to assume the other part is to take away our suits and guns and make us feel rather helpless and at the mercy of the situation, which isn't a bad tactic.)

It's also just world building. Stasis for instance. You could be given special clothes that have little openings for all the tubes, but just stripping you down is easier and more cost effective. It's just like how the tesla arc falls apart through use, it's just cheaper for them to make a lot rather then make one thats durable. It's all about efficiency above humanity.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3779 on: June 18, 2012, 02:43:47 am »

You wake up what feels like only moments after you entered the pod and immediately begin coughing up the remaining fluid in your lungs. The pods are usually pretty good about purging it, but they must have been rushed this time.

>Alright people, Get up and get moving. We've got a launch window here; I've got to get you out as we approach otherwise you're gonna miss your flight company and then you're really gonna be screwed.

You and your teammates pile out of the pods and wipe off the oxygenated goo before heading to the  hanger. The ships waiting there aren't the clean, chrome tear drop shuttles but skeletal things, barely more then a frame loaded with directional rocket pods and what could only be described as series of clamps designed to  wrap around your head, chest and limbs. You swallow your unease and step into the harness, flinching a bit as the clamps squeeze down on you.

>1 minute to launch.

The atmosphere vents from the hanger and the blast doors slide open, revealing  nothing but darkness beyond. You can feel the shuttle vibrate as the engines kick on and you can't help but grip the harness and hold your breath as the final seconds tick away.

And then the hanger is gone, yanked away in an instant. Below you is a world of dirty, brownish yellow clouds; through the few breaks in the great banks of smog you can make out countless points of white and yellow light against a soot gray background. They could be the lights of a tower city or the flames of a freshly nuked suburb; from up here it all looks the same. In the distance you can make out a thin glint of silver, another battleship orbiting the planet, one of dozens. You hold there, moving at thousands of miles an hour but feeling completely still, a grain of dust above a great dirty marble, all suspended in amber for that one instant. And then you're diving.

You can see them, just barely, the other shuttles coming in with you, silver specks falling toward earth. For what seems like a long while you fall in silence, slowly approaching the clouds. You hit the atmosphere long before the clouds and the shuttle jerks and vibrates as you begin entry, a protective envelope- created by the shuttles on board Field manipulator- shields you from the heat and friction of entry. You take one last look at the stars, the black sky and strangely comforting shape of the mothership before the clouds cut you off from them.

>We're entering the range of the AA guns. Beginning evasive maneuvers.

The shuttle bucks violently and begins jerking around erratically, firing it's rockets and hurling you in all directions, trying to fool the guns below. You squint through the smog, trying desperately to see what's going on. You don't have to look for long. A burst of fire, barely visible but still unmistakable through the thick haze, erupts near you.

>Shuttle 3 lost.

Another, moments later

>Shuttle 4 lost.

(The following is for team a)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(The Following is for Team B)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:56:13 am by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1256