Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 101376 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Pleasant Morning [Day 3]
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2012, 09:24:53 pm »

Yes, Scroll of Oracle, no artifacts. Not panicking, rushed post as I am busy. Flandre > Hapah.

That's interesting, Tiruin, because my Scroll of Tracking that I used on you last night says you were targeting someone ... me.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2012, 09:27:00 pm »

Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2012, 09:27:31 pm »

Yep. I think.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »

EBWOP: Mod: If someone is tracked when using an Oracle Scroll, who does the tracker see them target?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:08 pm »

First things first: Tiruin: I apologize for not answering your question, even if I do believe you're scum. I didn't have a reason to suspect MrD of anything. No hard evidence (that I saw), and as for the you and Urist being a setup thing, I guess I was jumping at shadows. I had myself convinced that NF was a guilty party when I sat down to write my wall yesterday, but the evidence didn't back up my accusations. I was still biased against NF (and likewise not suspicious of you two) when night fell. After having another 24 hours to review the thread, my opinion changed.

Alright, additional WoT time. Does anyone have any comment on my Shakerag post, or did I address all concerns? Please let me know, again, informed majority wins games.

My argument against you was largely circumstantial, Tiruin, until Shakerag (the only person that I feel confident is a townie) pegged you with that scroll. I'll lay out my thought process anyway, though.

Assume Shakerag is town (which I think is reasonable, based on my previous post). That means either you or Urist is the killer. I ask you, the reader, to put yourself into either of their shoes. Think about what you would do when day breaks.

Spoiler: Townie Logic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scum Logic (click to show/hide)

These are not the actions of a townie, Tiruin. You are all free to draw your own conclusions, and I welcome your input, but unless faced with new evidence, my vote is staying exactly where it is.

And that tracking scroll, Shakerag? Icing on the cake. Also, you're welcome.

Accepting all comments. We have to talk to win.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - He didn't get what he wanted [Day 2]
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2012, 11:29:30 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Darvi: 
Tiruin: Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner, Hapah, Shakerag
NativeForeigner:
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah: 

Not Voting: Jack A T, Darvi, Tiruin

EBWOP: Mod: If someone is tracked when using an Oracle Scroll, who does the tracker see them target?

A scroll of tracking used on an untargeted item such as an Oracle Scroll would see them target no one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2012, 08:03:20 am »

@Hapah: I did not go after Urist I. because I wanted to check on the source of the information - Shakerag. Your logic goes against me on the lines of confirmation bias. Where did I say I believe Shakerag? I can also not believe Shakerag and be town, or is that against your best logic?
[spoiler=Townie Logic]If you're a townie, and you believe Shakerag, then there is only one, obvious conclusion...
Then you give a conjunctive statement leading one way that perfectly goes against where I see it - ending up with me being scum, the only option of attacking the other suspect to prove my townhood. You go on with the reasoning to point out that Shakerag and his buddy can't be scum because of ''undue risk'?! Then you settle in as if that is the only way of my salvation? WIFOM, I sense, pinning me down as scum.
This doesn't seem like something a scum would do to me. Please look over my reasoning, let me know if I've missed something or if you have drawn different conclusions.

I wanted to see if Shakerag is actually telling the truth on his inspections at that time. Now, I did not target him; I can see where this is going.

Scroll of Oracle...

But first, Hapah, why are you quick to 'nail all' points down as if you can tell exactly what the scum are thinking? And, why giving exact numbers of scum there, like you know how many there are?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2012, 08:30:22 am »

Why OMGUS Hapah instead of pursuing your actual target? Because if you're telling the truth, Shakerag is guaranteed lying scum, and you're not doing anything about him. You "see where this is going" but don't seem to actually care about changing that outcome.

By the way, did anyone block anyone last night?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2012, 08:48:59 am »

And that tracking scroll, Shakerag? Icing on the cake. Also, you're welcome.

So you're responsible for the protect?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2012, 09:30:10 am »

Shakerag: Correct. You're lucky I put the pieces together before night fell, I had initially PM's a different protect target in.

And Tiruin: If you disagree with my assessment of Shakerag, fine. But you need to spell out WHY you disagree if you hope to convince anyone. I've laid out my points on why I think he is town, you need to do the same to point out why you believe he's scum.

On undue risk: Think about it. Let's say Shakerag really was scum, and four people (you, Urist, Shake, other scum) all visited GG. Once the scum get that inspect result in, knowing full well that two other people visited GG, why in the world would you not wait for at least one of the two to state their action? It'd just be idiocy! Once a townie posted an inspect result, both scummies could come up with some action that isn't verifiable once the recipient is dead. Instead, he just throws his result out there: Either he's town, or a scum that isn't thinking ahead.

And all I'm trying to say with the logic is what I would do in your shoes. Please, draw your own conclusions (all of you, not just Tiruin), but Urist's actions make a certain degree of sense to me. Yours do not. Maybe you really didn't trust Shakerag (hell, I wasn't sold at the time, I didn't put the pieces together until N2) and were trying to confirm his information. But for trying to determine his alignment, you sure didn't take many shots at him (which I think you admit in your post, but I've misread statements before).

Finally, the one person I trust (Shakerag) says you visited him last night. I know he was attacked, because I'm the one who protected him. You claim you didn't visit anyone, calling Scroll of Oracles, but I'm not buying it.

And as for your last sentence: I've got to lay out my evidence as I see it. If I'm convinced by it, I see no reason to make a secret of it. I don't know what the scum think, but you can make surprising accurate assessments if you ask yourself what you would do in their place. And when did I say anything about exact scum numbers? I don't know if there are two, three, or some setup with multiple factions like Roguelike 3. There's no way to know, I think. Just have to try to take them down one at a time.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:26 am »

Well that explains the lack of a scumkill.

Shakerag: Correct. You're lucky I put the pieces together before night fell, I had initially PM's a different protect target in.
Who?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2012, 11:54:34 am »

Yeah, just to confirm and be clear:  In addition to seeing that Tiruin targeted me last night, I was notified that I was attacked (via arrow, not sure if just flavor or relevant) and a wall of force (ditto) protected me. 

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:42 pm »

Urist: You, actually. I remember having to open another tab with the thread open to look up how to spell "Imiknorris". Reasoning can come later, PFP.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2012, 09:24:51 pm »

Where are Darvi and Jack?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2012, 10:27:43 pm »

Darvi's been offline for two days. No idea about Jack.

Urist: You, actually. I remember having to open another tab with the thread open to look up how to spell "Imiknorris". Reasoning can come later, PFP.
Good thing you didn't choose me - I was the dumbest possible NK target. Although considering that Shakerag was probably the second dumbest choice, we're probably not dealing with very good scum.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35