_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5770008 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Thanks. Oh, as a veteran of the HRMC, do you have any tips on how to not die? Besides not shoting yourself in the foot?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Somebody's in trouble. Also, Woo! Hall of Fame! You deserve it, man.))

Modify the Gauss rifle to have quintuple the Gauss Chips, then overcharge with an Amp Shell.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Congrats! Now Elisaz needs to not die and it'll all be good.))

Oh Shi- Elisaz immediately exits the VR machine. He ponders options: He could bullshit his way out, (Result: Death) claim he did it in his love for the Armory Master, (Result: Death) or maybe get Faith to go psycho again and fight the Armory Master. (Result: Cat-fight!) While the last option seemed like the most fun, it would also be pretty risky. Elisaz decides to book it and go stealthy.

Go Metal Gear Solid and run to Elisaz's locker, go inside, and stay there.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Oh Shi- Elisaz immediately exits the VR machine. He ponders options: He could bullshit his way out, (Result: Death) claim he did it in his love for the Armory Master, (Result: Death) or maybe get Faith to go psycho again and fight the Armory Master. (Result: Cat-fight!) While the last option seemed like the most fun, it would also be pretty risky. Elisaz decides to book it and go stealthy.

((The Armory Master tracks you there and locks you in. There's no inside latch. Then, she goes and gets a cutting torch, frees the locker from the floor, and spaces you in it.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah GM, I salute you, you deserve it. And as I thought, Elisaz is utterly and completely screwed. Utterly. and. Completely. Screwed.))

Milno saves the information and connects to a VR Machine.
He starts to prepare an area for a training simulation, based on his last mission:

-The beginning of the training track is at the entrance of a large, long, pitch-black corridor - exactly like the one where Erik ambushed them - with two buttons at its end.
-Both buttons mindfuck those who touch them, and the correct one is decided by a coin flip, but even so it only works to end the training after all enemies are killed.
-Outside the corridor it is all red wasteland.
-There is an atmosphere, just not a breathable one.
-He'll add enemies as he sees fit.

After setting the map, he pings everyone in the VR Machines.
"I am preparing a training session at the moment. It is good to know in how many different ways you can die in the field, so whoever wants to join can do it. It will be done via the VR Machines by the way, since you love these things."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:05:01 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((RUN, ELISAZ, RUN! Also, knew this RTD deserves a place in the Hall of Fame from the moment I saw it. Terrific!))
Well, I expected this to happen.
See if it is possible to make a rechargeable battery by using other chemical reagents.
Try penetrating a Mk I suit with a simple steel knife. If I succeed, estimate the price of the knife.
Estimate the price of the gauss long rifle (that one with increased durability to withstand several-circuit overcharge shots) with just one charging circuit. Test the 5-circuit and 7-circuit gauss long rifle overcharged shots against a battlesuit (and how many 7-circuit overcharge shots the coils can withstand), with normal and AP ammo. See how much are the spare coils.

Looks like I should return to the gauss weaponry for now. Oh, and start compiling research data into a single document. Steve, is it possible to make a document file here in simulation and then just download it to my datapad? Also, what is that noise from outside the simulation?
EDIT: Hmmm, comrade Milno putting a training session for us? Must be worth seeing.
Save & Exit the simulation.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:58:01 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

I'll join in right after this weapons test, I think I may be on to something powerful. Bit expensive, though.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((PSST. ELISAZ. PUT YER SUIT ON.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

((Now that would have been funny to watch if it succeeded. >.>))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Thanks. Oh, as a veteran of the HRMC, do you have any tips on how to not die? Besides not shoting yourself in the foot?"
quoting that so he can see it?

((Somebody's in trouble. Also, Woo! Hall of Fame! You deserve it, man.))

Modify the Gauss rifle to have quintuple the Gauss Chips, then overcharge with an Amp Shell.
The shot knocks the target farther back, and creates a larger shockwave (enough that it knocks you back as well) but doesn't break any more then a single layer of armor.

(Kinetic amps release their force in a more spread out way then a gauss round, so you're going to have a less then linear progression of damage here)

You attempt to run to the hanger. Doing this requires running past the armory. You get two steps away from the open armory door before something grabs you in mid stride and drags you backwards into the room containing the armory kiosk. The door to the room closes behind you. The armory master is sitting at her desk, her face partially hidden behind steepled fingers. You're yanked off the ground where you were attempting to claw your way away and into the air before being pressed face first against the glass of the booth.

"I realize that men have needs." The armory master says, looking over her hands at you. "And that the forbidden fruit is all the sweeter for it's inaccessibility. But here's the thing. I don't want any success you may have with a cloud of data that bears a passing resemblance to me to make you think you have any chance with the real thing. So you can keep that fantasy of yours and replay it a million times in your VR assisted dreams-hell, it will keep you away from me so why should I care-but that's it. You utter one more word to me that isn't related to weapons or my extensive knowledge with armaments and I will kill you. No do overs, no gentle maiming. I will just plain crush your skull to paste and leave you in the hall as a warning to others. Do we have an understanding?"

((Yeah GM, I salute you, you deserve it. And as I thought, Elisaz is utterly and completely screwed. Utterly. and. Completely. Screwed.))

Milno saves the information and connects to a VR Machine.
He starts to prepare an area for a training simulation, based on his last mission:

-The beginning of the training track is at the entrance of a large, long, pitch-black corridor - exactly like the one where Erik ambushed them - with two buttons at its end.
-Both buttons mindfuck those who touch them, and the correct one is decided by a coin flip, but even so it only works to end the training after all enemies are killed.
-Outside the corridor it is all red wasteland.
-There is an atmosphere, just not a breathable one.
-He'll add enemies as he sees fit.

After setting the map, he pings everyone in the VR Machines.
"I am preparing a training session at the moment. It is good to know in how many different ways you can die in the field, so whoever wants to join can do it. It will be done via the VR Machines by the way, since you love these things."
You set up your training gauntlet and ping everyone attached to a vr machine, waiting to see what they'll do.

((RUN, ELISAZ, RUN! Also, knew this RTD deserves a place in the Hall of Fame from the moment I saw it. Terrific!))
Well, I expected this to happen.
See if it is possible to make a rechargeable battery by using other chemical reagents.
Try penetrating a Mk I suit with a simple steel knife. If I succeed, estimate the price of the knife.
Estimate the price of the gauss long rifle (that one with increased durability to withstand several-circuit overcharge shots) with just one charging circuit. Test the 5-circuit and 7-circuit gauss long rifle overcharged shots against a battlesuit (and how many 7-circuit overcharge shots the coils can withstand), with normal and AP ammo. See how much are the spare coils.

Looks like I should return to the gauss weaponry for now. Oh, and start compiling research data into a single document. Steve, is it possible to make a document file here in simulation and then just download it to my datapad? Also, what is that noise from outside the simulation?
EDIT: Hmmm, comrade Milno putting a training session for us? Must be worth seeing.
Save & Exit the simulation.
(sure you can make a document in there. Though if you want me to keep track of it you need to have some way of distinguishing exactly what text you want me to save for you)

It would be possible to simply buy a rechargeable battery or make one.

An ordinary knife would cost nothing and wouldn't penetrate the suit (they're strong enough to stand up to simple things like that, otherwise you'd be screwed with every stumble. Now, a cleaver like the one Jim was using..thats not a simple knife.

In the case of rifles with more circuits, assume one circuit per token and add that to the price of the rifle. I believe 7 circuits just makes the rifle explode, 5 would probably only last a few shots. Normal ammo will manage to destroy one layer of armor, while armor piercing will destroy 2 (the limbs have 3 layers, the torso has 6 and the last 2 are even harder then the rest.)

You save and exit the sim.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Uhhhh. I'mleavingdon'tkillmeplease!"

GTFO. Retreat to my rifle, and read the manual.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Elisaz got away with a slap on the wrist! Now he just has to remember not to ever call her cutie, shorty or say anything non-related to weapons.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas tries to find the equation of resistance to thruster power.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

((Congrats on the Hall of Fame! Oh man, I was laughing at these last couple of pages. Now to read the mission thread and see just what horrors have befallen me... I am looking fowards to seeing Elisaz let slip a single unnecessary word to AM. Does 'please' count?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@GM Huh? Are those some different charging circuits, or you have changed your mind about their price?
I mean,
The circuits are 2 for a token.
is that info obsolete now?
Also, if I put the document as a separate message and just keep track of it/update it when needed (by myself), would that be okay?))
Return to tinker for a moment. Try making a spike bayonet (of harder than steel materials, if needed) and fixing it to the pulse rifle. Test the effectiveness of the weapon, and estimate the bayonet's cost if effective (able to penetrate Mk I suit). Exit the simulation and join comrade Milno's Training Session.
Equipment: Mk I suit, pulse rifle (with fixed bayonet, if it proved useful in the tests).

EDIT: ((Oh, you explicitly stated that it would be done via the VRs. Pffft.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:08:49 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 2101