Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cavern layer number and spoilers  (Read 8332 times)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern layer number and spoilers
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 12:20:16 pm »

Painting burrows across multiple levels was available back in 31.25.

And according to the wiki, if you don't have at least 2 cavern levels, you won't get all of the tree types.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 01:06:07 pm »

but will only two cavern levels still give you the zombie mazes, or do you need all three? the third level makes for less fps and more digging and i hate playing with it.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 09:26:40 pm »

As soon as I enabled all three cavern layers, the curious structures began appearing again.

Foiled by hardcoding again. 

You think it would be inappropriate to photoshop a trollface out of Tarn's photo for these occasions?
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »

As soon as I enabled all three cavern layers, the curious structures began appearing again.

Foiled by hardcoding again. 

You think it would be inappropriate to photoshop a trollface out of Tarn's photo for these occasions?

Do it.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 09:07:47 am »

I think a safer bet, would be to offer this SCIENCE to the wiki page pertaining to adv world gen and cavern count.  It is an extremely important discovery for those of us, choosing to go the route of custom play.  Learning the endgame is snipped more than once is, well has gotta be, quite annoying.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 09:10:15 am »

I think a safer bet, would be to offer this SCIENCE to the wiki page pertaining to adv world gen and cavern count.  It is an extremely important discovery for those of us, choosing to go the route of custom play.  Learning the endgame is snipped more than once is, well has gotta be, quite annoying.  Knutor
Yes, someone should definatly do this. and by someone I mean someone less lazy than myself.
Pages: 1 [2]