Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random leather littering the desert  (Read 5253 times)

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random leather littering the desert
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »

As the title describes. In the middle of this desert, next to a site (a small dug out cave housing a were-beast). I fought some bogeymen, noticed a giant toad leather next to me and just ignored it, then slept until dawn. Upon waking up, I see that the entire area is scattered with leather. All of them are giant toad, cave fish, elk bird, and giant olm leather. I find this interesting as they are all cave creatures. Has anyone else seen this or have an explanation?

Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP. My fps is dropping, and there are a lot of lag spikes. Previously at 50fps~, now at about 5.
Edit 2: Slept again in the name of science. I almost can't even move now. It took about 5 minutes to load. 1 frame per second. Sleeping for 24 hours now. GIVE ME YOUR WORST, LEATHER.
Edit 3: Not a good idea. I have reached 0 fps and the game died.

Me and my leather. (note the fps)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:31:48 pm by Auning »
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Random leather littering the desert
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:24:36 pm »

GET OUT OF THERE NOW

Seriously your adventurer will die. Dead creatures and cavern leather scatters to the surface. And there's a lot. Terrible bug.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 01:21:41 am »

Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Sigging.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:10:46 am »

Obviously there's a hole to the surface and the creatures are going up just to die from the heat and have their hides turned into leather by the sun.

Your character is Superman.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 01:10:53 pm »

There is a tribe of subterranean animal peoples in the caverns beneath you, and each time you go to sleep, the items down there are getting randomly scattered around and landing on the surface, and the game is seemingly also respawning the subterranean animal peoples each time as well (along with more leather). If you look around, you will probably also find some preserved meat.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.