Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 89328 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »

cannot wait for the intro...
Don't have to.

You find yourself idling about in a vast aetheric fog, along with a small crowd of other peculiar individuals. You have little idea as to where exactly you are. There is no ground, no sky...only an endless expanse of the weightless, uncanny matter that flows freely around you. There are a few moments of quiet waiting, before a spectral figure makes its way through the fog and slowly comes into view. It stops, inspecting the crowd briefly, before warmly greeting you and the others:

"Welcome, all. Hope I didn't interrupt any important plans you had. I know that right now some of you may be a bit confused. Wondering where you are, how you got here, or who the being that's currently speaking to you is. And yet, as much as I would love to satiate your curiosity and fill you in on all of these things, the truth of the matter is, none of that is of much importance at this time. No, what matters right now, is that you have all been selected for a chance to attain power and influence on a scale that few people are capable of even imagining. Simply put, you are being offered the opportunity to permanently transcend the limits of mortality, and become gods.

However, you look like an intelligent bunch of individuals, so I'm sure you're aware that the incomprehensible power that comes with godhood cannot be gifted to just anyone. It takes a special kind of person to be able to handle such a sudden increase in potency. That is why I must ask that each of you take the time to participate in a small test, in order to prove that you are truly worthy of taking up residence amongst the deities that still roam existence. Fortunately the nature of this test, which I'm certain you're all curious about as well..."
The spectral figure chuckles to itself, seemingly amused by what it is about to say. "is something that I have no problem explaining."

(Music, to enhance your reading experience.)

Some of the surrounding aether begins to swirl and collect itself high above the spectral figure and its apparent guests. Steadily, the gathering aether transforms itself into a massive replica of a particularly well-known planet.

"For this test, this 'Trial of the Chosen', we will be using the planet Earth as our primary playing field, and humanity as our scoring system." The spectral figure takes a moment to observe the reactions of the crowd.
"I see that none of this is doing much to remedy your confusion, so allow me to elaborate:

Different 'win conditions' may arise in the future, depending on how things develop. But for the time being, you need only focus on one of two very simple goals..."

Spoiler: Unification (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Extermination (click to show/hide)

"The individuals that are the most successful in either of these goals will be the ones rewarded with godhood. The slowly rotating replica of Earth dissipates back into the aetheric fog it was formed from.

"So now you know why you are here. I'm sorry if this all seems a bit sudden, but time is a steadily depleting luxury. I know that if anyone is able to even come close to victory in this trial, it will be one of you. I shall start by sending five of you to the planet, and allowing some of the others to join you a little later. As for who exactly these starting five will be..."

Hisir Namedene
"The fact that you're still alive after all you've been put through is impressive enough on its own. And though I wouldn't exactly consider myself one who encourages violence, your ruthless determination is without a doubt a very valuable quality."

Zanzetkuken the Great
"Welcome back to the realm of the living, Planeswalker. Well...not exactly, but you'll be there soon enough. Apologies for disturbing you in your eternal rest, but with such immense power and legendary skill, I simply couldn't pass up having you participate in this trial."

The Moderator
"I actually happened to find you completely by accident, adventurer. I was on my way over to visit Achilles to see if he'd be interested in partaking in the trial when I first felt your presence. Upon further investigation, I decided it would be much more interesting to give the spot to you instead."

Taom
"There is something very special about you, and I'm not just talking about your remarkable abilities. Existence as a whole would be much nicer in general if more deities were like you. Therefore, it seems only reasonable that I give you the chance to fully become one."

"and finally..."

Sir Havel the Unyielding
"The wise and noble knight of stone. From what I've heard, you're already well-acquainted with a couple deities yourself, are you not? Now far be it from me to go prodding around in other peoples' business, but let me be the first to inform you that dealing with deities is a much easier task when you are not at the complete mercy of their will. As such, I expect that you will be exceptionally motivated to do well in this trial."

A small vial of strange shimmering fluid materializes before the five selected Chosen Ones, radiating a faint white glow. "For the duration of the trial, eating and drinking will not be necessary for your survival, though I'm sure many of you are already used to that. Sleep will not be required either, however, it can still be helpful. Sleep or meditation will allow your consciousness to travel back to this realm. If you ever feel in need of guidance, visit me here and I will see what I can do to help.
When you arrive on the planet, all of your natural capabilities will be slightly amplified, with the potential to be far more powerful, if you play your cards right. What happens from there is up to you. If you have any questions, ask them now. If not, then either drink the contents of the vials in front of you or absorb it, or just pour it on yourself. Doesn't matter, really...or give it to one of the individuals around you if you do not feel ready to take on this trial."

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:31:13 am by King DZA »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »

Note: Any text relating to the story from me will be in orange.  Going to rp my actions.

Zanzetkuken looks around at the other competitors, gauging how they will play this.  He would use some spell, but would rather wait.  Besides, it might annoy the being who brought him back to life.  Unification would be his goal.  He had seen too much to even consider destruction, despite his high morality guiding him.  Unlike the one that he had fought...  Best not to dwell upon the past.

"God abilities?  Had them once.  Or at least something similar.  At least that is, before the mending.  I accept your challenge."  With that, he drank the liquid within the vial.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »

Crap, so I didn't get in  :-\  :'(.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »

Crap, so I didn't get in  :-\  :'(.

Looks like we're on the waiting list friend.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »

Don't feel too down about it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we ended up running out of Chosen Ones before anyone could truly succeed at either goal. So every accepted character should get a fair chance to fuck Earth's shit up prove their worth.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Intro
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2012, 11:47:54 pm »

Taom stares silently, thinking deeply.

"...If I do this, will I know what I am? If not, I only want to return home. I don't think I would otherwise want in on your blood game. Do you know who I was?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:56:09 pm by Inithis »
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2012, 12:14:41 am »

"Welp, no use standing around" as he drinks the fluid

Damn AC/10 will never get fixed... Oh well.

Unifying will be a challenge, but it can be done.

"Wait, what time period is it?"
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2012, 12:31:53 am »

Jorn scowls. "Sounds a lot better than trying to survive my master. But why me? Why the poor unfortunate kid who got snatched away by a dark sorcerer? Jorn looks around at the strange assortment of beings around him. "I suppose the rest of us stay here for the time being?"

(And you can bet Jorn is trying to think of any spell he knows of that could harm a god. You know, just in case.)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2012, 01:10:27 am »

The spectral figure chuckles once more after hearing Taom's question.

"If I didn't know who you were, my friend, I wouldn't have bothered with you to begin with. And yes, assuming you're actually successful and don't suffer some horrible premature death, I trust that your true nature will most certainly become known to you."

"All things have their purpose, even this 'blood game' of mine."

The spectral figure then looks to The Moderator. "In our current location, time does not work the same way it does in most other places. However, if you're wondering about what time period you're going to be sent to, I was thinking a fairly modern era. Somewhere around Earth's early '21st century'."

Finally, the spectral being responds to Jorn. "My, my. Talkative bunch, aren't we? Yes, please feel free to make yourselves at home here until your time to participate in the trial comes. As for 'why you'...because you seem capable, of course.
Keep in mind that if any of you do not wish to accept my generous offer, I could always erase all memory of this experience from your thoughts and send you back to where I found you."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:16:10 am by King DZA »

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2012, 01:22:14 am »

Taom straightens his posture, and extrudes an aura of confidence.

"I understand that this won't be easy. But, I cannot go on forever without being what I was truly meant to be." Having made his peace with an uneasy conscience, he takes a vial and drinks it.

OOC: What does it taste like?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:26:53 am by Inithis »
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2012, 03:07:08 am »

Aww, SPM is a sad Sock Man...
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2012, 03:43:06 am »

OOC: What does it taste like?

Badassery. A very unique flavor, the exact taste of which could roughly be described as something akin to a mix of Tabasco sauce and cherry Pop Rocks.

Aww, SPM is a sad Sock Man...
Don't feel too down about it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we ended up running out of Chosen Ones before anyone could truly succeed at either goal. So every accepted character should get a fair chance to fuck Earth's shit up prove their worth.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2012, 03:52:19 am »

"wait, I come from 21st century Earth. Does that mean I or my base are there?"
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2012, 04:06:10 am »

"I expect your base should still be there, yes. Whether or not you'll end up running run into yourself is difficult to predict, however. Considering your time-and-space travelling ways..."

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2012, 09:51:23 am »

OOC: Hero clones would be interesting to deal with. What would happen if you met yourself?

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61