Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1: The Shallow End  (Read 8265 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1 Start!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 07:23:10 am »

Viktor suspiciously eyes everyone else present and goes in second-to-last.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Georgio opens the door [6], swinging around and smashing himself against the wall. He wonders if he should have been more careful. Nothing comes through the door.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jack [4] successfully presses himself against a wall.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Belili walks forward calmly [1], but stumbles at the doorway, faceplanting onto the cold concrete.

-1 HP

Malcolm decides that this thing is no big deal, [6] walking through the door right after Belili. Malcolm drips over Belili but manages to catch himself on an interior wall. Looking around, he [5] sees a simple, empty hallway. A faded stripe of red paint runs along the left wall, and an old-style soda machine sits at the end, humming softly. There are a number of scuff marks on the walls and floor. The corridor appears to turn left at the soda machine.

Trevor [3] tries to strike a dashing pose, but can't quite remember how.

Viktor [4] decides to wait to go in second-to-last. He stands around twiddling his thumbs, as most of the others are still in the starting room.

Dominic stands around with a vacant expression.

Spoiler: Active Contestants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map: Episode 1.0 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:03:19 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 09:14:46 am »

Stride through to the corner confidently.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 09:15:22 am »

Belili walks forward calmly [1], but stumbles at the doorway, faceplanting onto the cold concrete.

-1 HP
Epic fail.

So, I rolled 4 for twiddling my thumbs. Nice. Can we please get a description of where everyone is, or even maybe an ASCII map? Also, how often are you going to post the updates, and at which times?

Viktor: Screw waiting, I'm going through right now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:44:12 am by Dariush »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 09:38:56 am »

(Damn. Missed the first turn. Was asleep XD)

Dominic walked along the corridor, though always sure someone else was in front of him, as he looked around.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:27 am »

So, I rolled 4 for twiddling my thumbs. Nice. Can we please get a description of where everyone is, or even maybe an ASCII map? Also, how often are you going to post the updates, and at which times?
((You specifically said that Viktor decided to wait and go in second to last. He succeeded, and as only one of the seven player managed to get through the door, he stood around and waited. Heck, even if everyone who decided to go through had managed to do so, only two people would have gone in before you.

As a general rule, I'll post updates whenever I have time. If a day or two has passed since the last turn and >50% of the players have posted, I'll update. If it has been less than a day, I'll usually wait for everyone, unless someone has specifically stated that they aren't going to be around/they haven't been on for a few days.

I'll do a bit of work on a map. Expect nothing great, though.

Edit: As promised, there ya go. I'll make the colors a bit more precise later, but it should be easy enough to tell for now.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:03:57 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 10:07:47 am »

That map is awesome.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 10:08:55 am »

Belili will resume his walkings to the other side of the doorings.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 10:33:22 am »

Georgio takes the chance and picks up Belili, running him down the hallway, using him as a human shield of sorts. At the end, he tosses the shield behind him and quickly punches in the code for Sprite.

What? This IS a competition.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 11:58:49 am »

You know, you're going to make an enemy for life if you go through with that.

Your call, however.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 12:42:53 pm »

Well, he was already Georgio's enemy from the start, so it doesn't matter to him. Unless you mean an enemy out of YOU. Either way, so what!?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 12:45:12 pm »

Actually, I'll change my action. Viktor goes through the door, being careful to ALWAYS keep at least one person ahead of himself. Ideally, two. And never being the last in the line.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 01:17:14 pm »

Malcolm continues calmly walking through the hallway, turning left at the soda machine and being mindful of any traps.
((That map is indeed awesome!))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 03:15:34 pm »

Jack walks and carefully examines the soda machine.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 03:53:33 pm »

Trevor begins walking towards the corner. The soda machine rumbles, firing an aluminum can at high velocity!

[3]

The can hits Trevor in the chest, knocking the wind out of him.

-[1] HP

Dominic carefully enters the hallway.

[3]

The next can hits him in the shoulder, sending a mild tingling up and down his arm.

-[3] HP

Belili walks down the hallway, [6] throwing himself to the floor to avoid a flying can of Space Sprite.

Georgio [4] v. [4] grapples with Belili, but neither manages to shift the other.

[5]

Georgio ducks an aluminum can with ease.

Viktor decides that discretion is, in fact, the better part of valour, and goes boldly where others have gone before, carefuly to be neither first nor last. Seeing Trevor and Dominic rubbing at bruises, Viktor [6] instinctively ducks as a can of cola flies by overhead, bouncing off the elevator door. He stubs his toe while doing so.

Malcolm walks toward the soda machine, keeping a careful eye out for traps.

[2]

A can of Cocaine Cola (It's blow in a can!) strikes him in the face. A trickle of blood runs from his nose.

-[3] HP

From his current position, Malcolm can see a small part of a room with a black and white checkered floor.

Jack walks down the hall, carefully examining the soda machine. [2] It appears to dispense soda.

[5]

Jack's brilliant theory is proven correct as he sidesteps to avoid an aluminium can.

Spoiler: Active Contestants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map: Episode 1.1 (click to show/hide)

((I suppose this is as good a place as any to explain damage. I'll add it to the OP as well.

Fairly simple:
TL0::Minor Damage: 1 HP lost
TL1::Low Damage: 1d4 HP lost
TL2::Medium Damage: 1d6 HP lost
TL3::High Damage: 2d6 HP lost
TL4::Serious Damage: 3d6 HP lost
TL5::Ludicrous Damage: 4d6 HP lost
TL6::Plaid Damage: 5d6 HP lost

Obviously threat levels will increase in later episodes, as will damage. So in Episode 1 you'll face things like a soda machine that fires cans at you, while in higher-numbered episodes you'll face... things. And yes, you will have the chance to increase your HP using your CASH MONEY.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:56:34 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7