Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138966 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!![Brave New World: Hey Urist, Watch This!]
« Reply #1605 on: March 21, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »

27th Granite, 23:10am : ALL THE DOGS WILL BE WAR GODS.
Ladies and gentlemen, Anubis has spoken.
Goblins BEWARE!  if the war GODS don't get you, the ghosts will

Quite an enjoyable turn to read, and I think this fort has a chance to survive a siege now.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 21, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »

Excellent, the drunkenness continues!  Thank you, Korbac.

(I found "File version: Beer" to be a particularly nice tough. We should make that a tradition.)

2nd Felsite, 23:30am : wily stage 2 rocks, also one of you has tried to built a pum,p sytmsem up into the DINING ROOM. WHYT WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU N))))))BBBBBBBBBBB XD

Huh?  The only pump stack I see is the old half-built one that, if completed, would pump magma into the top level of the fortress. :D  If you meant the water-filled tunnel that ends near the dining hall, that's where I was going to build the well before my turn ended.

BTW, I was lucky not to flood the fort with that tunnel, since I completely forgot to include a pressure regulator in it.  (Wouldn't that have been a lovely save to leave for you...)  Fortunately, it seems the combination of the U-bend and the map-edge outlet is just enough to keep the water level below the dining room floor.

Ps. It looks like, for some reason, you decided to drain a bunch of murky pools into the fort (and we now have goblins sneaking in through them ???).  I wouldn't have thought this fort really needed more flooding.  Oh well, I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. :P

8th Felsite, 23:35am : A ghostly farmer 'batters' our Axedwarf. What a pussty of na axedwarf, chop that psirit uo!!!!! Apprently he cut hi lower arm off O_O

10th Hematite, 23:52am : Engraved slabs to stop gohsts purveying ius. They are annoying, sorry u died and all that but try no to piss us poff next time you dungarees. NEXT BEER, 3 minute BRAK.

16th Hematite, 23:59am : GOHSTLY PLANET YOU DINGUS (PLANETR PLANTER!!!!!) why you 'batter' our military, go batter some fish and chips.

14th Sandtone, 01:17am : A ghosdtly jeweler has arisen, oh no guard you r laether codpieces.

7th Orapl, 2012:am : A GHOSTLY HUNTE BATTERS ME. ENOUGH IS ENOGH, I'M GONNA FUCK ALL THE SPIRIT WORLD UP. FUCK THE GOHSTS, LIVIING FTW. GHOSTS YOU BLEW YOURS CHANCES. GET READY FOR THE PREACEHRS TO COME!!!

I think one reason for our ghost problem (besides, you know, the huge number of dead dorfs lying around) is that apparently we have a whole bunch of built blank slabs.  I think those are at least partly my fault.  Oopsie. :-[
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 22, 2013, 12:22:18 am »

rofl
The analysis of the turn/fort is almost as amusing as a turn!
Did the dining room end up above the pump stack?  I'm tempted to power what's there to see if it works, I've never built a pump stack before.

2.lol at the slabs, that's hilarious.

I'm very surprised the turbine hall can drain the entire bloody river, when I unpaused and looked around I was sure I'd find the whole hall underwater. Might want to do something about that, though I don't know what or how really.
Glad I set it up to drain off the map and not into the caverns though!

Definitely enjoy'd the turn.
WTF happened to my that I need a crutch!?

EDIT:
Here's the save again so this page has it. On my personal (fast) hosting for those drunken OMG I MUST PLAY DDF moments.
The Save
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:36:25 am by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 22, 2013, 01:34:29 am »

Here's the save again so this page has it. On my personal (fast) hosting for those drunken OMG I MUST PLAY DDF moments.
Dance Dance Fall-over?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 22, 2013, 07:40:31 am »

I think I built some of the slabs. I forgot to engrave / place some of them before the turn ended, but I did put three ghosts to rest. :)

With the huge migrant waves I was able to (by chance) get a good military working as a lot of the newcomers already had war skillz. Also, the murky pool drainage was to avoid water cancellation message spam, although I probably should have roofed it over, haha.

Overall things went pretty well, we are now protected by WAR GODS and things should be fine. ^^

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:57 am »

I can say for sure that One of the slabs I built was engraved, but might have forgotten that step for some of the others.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 22, 2013, 12:22:42 pm »

Checked it out. It's as confusing as usual, but there do appear to be a lot of war gods. That should help significantly.
how do I lizard Werewolf

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 22, 2013, 01:05:28 pm »

Did nobody else think to use War Gods as a viable form of defence? :P

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 22, 2013, 01:30:51 pm »

Defense? What's that?

I was working on LIQUID MAGMA! Best defense ever! :D
how do I lizard Werewolf

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 22, 2013, 04:43:34 pm »

I just finished the application I was writing and started a beer.  Since my last turn ended up a bit shorter than planned, I thought I might try taking a second one.

I'll need some suitably dorfy project to try for, though.  Based on the peek I took at the save earlier, I think it should be something defense-related -- those goblins are clearly planning something.

Also, I'm quite disappointed that the seems to be no way to edit the raws to rename war-trained animals without affecting the general name of that species. :(
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 22, 2013, 04:50:39 pm »

What's wrong with dorfs having Gods as pets instead of Dogs?
how do I lizard Werewolf

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 22, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »

Yeah, us overseers do! :P

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 22, 2013, 05:14:45 pm »

By popular demand, it is done now. :D

Ps. I made one other cosmetic change to the raws while I was at it, but I'll let later overseers find it themselves... ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:23:16 pm by vyznev »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 22, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »

And so, the Drunks do something right!

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 22, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »

00:28: Finished first beer, a Störtebeker 1402.  Nice stuff.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also finished messing with the raws.  (Don't worry, the only tweaks I made were purely cosmetic.)

Listening to Korpiklaani, which is just about the most perfect theme music for this fort (and DF in general as well): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kJRGPgvRQ&list=RD026z4DRPG7rbc

Going to try to play this turn faster than the previous one.  I think that also means I need another beer.

As usual, I'll keep updating this post as I play.  Stay tuned!

01:00: Drinking more Chimay.

Built some doors to keep goblins from wndering in through the murky pools.  Tore down the blank slabs and ordered some to be engraved.  Also, looks like we have a possessed craftsdorf who wants stone, wood, metal and cloth.  I hope he finds what he needs...

01:09: A ghost just battered our chief medical dwarf.  He ran to the hospital leaving a bloody trail,  but just went to sleep and seems to be fine now. ???  we can't get these slabs engraved soon enough.

01:22: Why is nobody engraving the slabs?  I built a whol ne w workshop for that!  The moody dorf wants cloth... do I have the right kind?

01:27: Oh fuck, he went insane.

I think this calls for some whisky.

01:37: Wait, we have merchants??  What madness is this?

01:40: Finally, the ghost are put to rest!

01:46: What, we've been making easy meals?  That's no good.  All meals shall henceforth be lavish!

01:52: "An animal has grown uyop to be a stray God." :D

Just realized thart Korpiklaani's Under the Sun has a melody that sounds eerily like one of those in SoundSense (dunno the name)... weird.  (And no, I don't mean the one from the 80's cooking show, either.) [Edit much later: I think the song I had in mind must've been "...the ardent awaited land" by Falkenbach, which is heard in this SoundSense demo. It's... kind of similar.]

02:01: Aw fuck... designed a new well, but acciedentally made the stair only down-strairs instead of up7down... now I've got a miner stuck underwater at the bottom of the well. :(  Dunno if I should breach a hole into the bedrooms or just hope he learns to swim...

New rule: update == new drink.  Switching to vodka this time.  The nice thing about vodka, for getting drunk, is that I have no excuse to savor the taste since there isn't any.

02:12: MIgrants!  Also, ordered the stuck miner to dig his way to the bedrooms.  Hope he makes it, and that I won't flood the fort,.

The water got too high for the drowning miner to dig, but another one showed up just in time to help from the other side.  The third dawrf in the pciture is bringing a door to seal the water in.  i think this just might work!

Oh, and since I just updated... helan går!

Aw fuck.

02:23: Phew! Repeatedly unsuspending the door finally worked.  I was already planning to wall off the whole wing... looks like that w0on't be  necessarty.

This song rules!  Or maybe Iäm just drunk enough...

02:33: Aw fuck, Clover Magic's throwing a tantrum. :(  Ps. The music is kind of fitting... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oaUySCCvMc Fuck this is hard to get right.

+2:42: We have a new mayor, Mi9ckot Minkort Minkot.  'E's a great consoler.  Anyone want to be dorfed?=
Fuck it's getting hard to take screenshots..

02:57: aW   FUCK    A kidnapper.

03:08: fuck i'm drunk. Mibkpt thwe mayor has mandat6ed forbidden the ecport of what the fuck was iot... pog poh. high boots. wptever.

03:14: on IRC agin... #dwarffortress on freenode iydri.  Looks like hard liquor's rhge name of the game.-.- I weig 90+ kg, bveert donä't fo the trick for me unles Im drink do much that is need to pee alö the time,.  Alaws, I'm pout of vodka, so it'll hafte be whisky or lotsa beer from now on.

+03:22: Water source wabinushed`? WTF?

On IRC ahgain, go to #dwarffortress on frenodwe of you wannt chat witg me live...

+3:28: grizzly bear in rthe d9nign room wtf...

WTF is this... Russuan?

+040_. OHNDUCK i'M TIIO DUKM 0OIR5C.        ) YNNIQ WJTT    I M TOOIJM.  o
, SUJREVTHATBic LPGMWOOÖÖ NE UNNN.

12:42: Oh... you know what else vodka is good for?  Making a godawful mess and passing out, that's what, apparently.  I don't even remember making the last few updates above...  :o

Still feeling kind of drunk, but not in the good "let's play more DF!" way.  Had 3/4 of an orange for breakfast though, feeling a bit better now.

Anyway, going to make a save and upload it now.  I don't think I even got as far as summer, so let the next overseer decide how long they want to play.  Anyway, this was a truly drunken turn.  I have no regrets.

...aaaand the save is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7498

Pics coming later.  Pics are here now.

Edit: Fixed the broken YouTube links.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 06:43:29 pm by vyznev »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 341