Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1138589 times)

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile

I am frequently inebriated due to psychological factors.
But that does not fit the criterion, doesn't it
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile

Naturally I find this thread mere days after I cut back on booze.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'll make an exception if work permits, just this once. :P

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]
« Reply #4952 on: September 13, 2019, 07:04:17 am »

Hello dearest internet friends. Erstwhile Drunk Fort Dresser here. My relationship with DF has gone sour over the years, me being uncommitted to the relationship and it requiring a computer and one's soul.

With alcohol, however, my love has blossomed, so much so that it has begun to endanger my life, in a vehicular and biological sense. So like comicraider above me I'm cutting back.

But not tonight! I recently got into DF again with me new laptop and tonight I might get stinking drunk. Buy me bottle of scotch and rape the liver, that kinda jolly adventure into the abyss.

We'll see. Won't we?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:08:21 am by EinsteinSatDown »

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: September 13, 2019, 12:20:31 pm »

Ok quart beer down. Few glasses of whiskey and sprite. Not yet, not yet.

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: September 13, 2019, 02:20:20 pm »

Ok more whiskey some internet chat things bDISCORD................. yes. My my time of ages time

How da fuck do u post images here<Q>>Q>Q

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:23:46 pm by EinsteinSatDown »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: September 13, 2019, 03:19:46 pm »

Oh hey! I, uh, suspect you're already too drunk to think about it much, but to put up images here you just need to put this code into your post:
Code: [Select]
[img]Put your image-link in here![/img]
If the image you've got isn't on the Internet already, you'll have to upload it to Imgur or something to get a useable link.

Happy dwarf-burnings!  :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

palenerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Has every disease
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: October 24, 2019, 06:27:17 pm »

I was feeling inspired last night, so I finally registered here so I could take a turn. I'll post the transcript in a bit once I figure out how post formatting works here.
Here is a drunken rendition of Sodium Chloride, it menaces with electrons. This relates to the drunkness of palenerd in Early Spring of 2023.

palenerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Has every disease
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: October 24, 2019, 07:14:15 pm »

Below is what I recorded last night. I'm still grappling with the attachment feature(?) so bear with me. EDIT: Here it is!

Drunk me was really intent on keeping accurate timestamps for her logs, but forgot to indicate which pictures go where. I am marginally confident that this is mostly correct.

6pm - 1 1/2 shot Crown down, managed to download game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh good, we're dying already.

There is an ominous box here. It appears to have no connectionm with the fortress, which is down a level and not even really built. We have TWO dorfs.
Lezzgo.

The ui tells me there are two carpentry stations, but I see zero carpentry stations, so I made a third carpentry station that shouldn't be a lie.

6:05pm - The future queen has a spinal injury and is the only real dwarf we have here. Not great. My tacos arrived! Pretty great. Finish my second shot and prepare to add vodka to the orange soda that came with my tacos.

6:13pm - Migrants! We're saved! I also approved a bunch of monster slayers to live here because the fort seems to be one with the cave.

They've barely arrived on-screen and our future queen has already begun recovering the wounded. Dear god why.

That does imply there's a hospital somewhere though. So that's good.

6:20pm - I've found the hospital. It's actually a two-for-one hospital-stockpile mega-combo. I have no idea what's goinmg on.

6:25pm - I've put doors on what I think are the enterances and exits. It seems like there are multiple redundant places of interest. Don't like that. I've closed off at least one of them.

6:28pm - Realise that the weird redundant nonsense was for the trade depot. I don't like that. Thus I have made a new trade depo outside.

6:35pm - I feel like I have imporant updates to make but I've forgotten entirely.

OH YEAH!

We have no food.

6:47pm - The future queen was pregant? This makes me kinda disappointed in myself for wanting her to die fro cancelling 'dig' 3 times in quick successwion.

Not really though.

6:55pm - Not much is happening because I can't convince anyone other than Queeny Girl here to wield a pickaxe and SHE won't stop conducting meetings instead of digging. HOWEVER, you should know that I'm really feeling the 4 shots I drank right now.

We're all gonna die.

6:58pm - AWW YEAH Zon Idenecem picking up an actual damn pickaxe right here.

7:00pm - MORE MIGRANTS. Welcome to hell, kiddos.

7:05pm - It's 7th Galena and I've just now managed to make a single Dorf booze.

7:07pm - The future queen is dead. Long live the future king.

His name reminded me of a certain space lizard, and thus it was so:

7:10pm - Managed to build a farm plot. No idea if there are other farm plots, but there is no food, so my guess is no. Note that it is 25th Galena.

7:15pm - Disocvered that the old farm plots were along the sides of the mountain.

Wat.

7:18pm - Oyutpost liason.

7:21pm - They came and left???? What was that about????

7:25pm - Put the first coffins down in the graveyard! Now it's a real fortress.

7:30pm - Pour myself a shot of Crown. Not much going on other than the mausoleum.

7:33pm - Cute furry animals are dying. I attempt to fix that. Mostly.

7:37pm - Migrants! Four of them. We theoretically have 32 citizens now.

8:00pm - Mausoleum done. Also ------ fuck I forgot nvm.

What are these rooms for??? Why are tehre here???

8:03pm - I made the left room an inn. The dwarves named it "The Saffron of Limbs." Seems accurate to their lives.

8:14pm - It is a this point that I realize the caravan had some sort of accident and left us all sorts of goodies. I quickly un-forbid and assimilate them.

8:18pm - Have a brief were-rhino scare, but it thankfully gave up almost as soon as I locked our new shiny doors. The year ended like 3 seconds aftre this.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 07:26:21 pm by palenerd »
Here is a drunken rendition of Sodium Chloride, it menaces with electrons. This relates to the drunkness of palenerd in Early Spring of 2023.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: October 24, 2019, 09:00:18 pm »

Always good to see some Drunk Fortress action.

However...
Below is what I recorded last night. I'm still grappling with the attachment feature(?) so bear with me. EDIT: Here it is!
7:37pm - Migrants! Four of them. We theoretically have 32 citizens now.
I'm mildly disturbed by the existence of theoretical citizens. Is this "oh yeah half of them are going to die" or is it more "they're all accepted petitioners and can't work?"

palenerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Has every disease
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: October 24, 2019, 10:39:56 pm »

Half the fort was actively starving and another half were petitioners, so a little bit of both.  :P

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: October 26, 2019, 06:14:17 pm »

Uh, I'm only 16 but this is worthy of my free time. Unfortunatly I do not havre access to anything other than a spare chromebook and i can't download anything on it, just log in. Also I'm in a mental hospital. That is why i don't have a private computer for about three weeks, then the'yll get me access to a computer with dowload capability on it in my spare time since I'll be here for a while.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: October 30, 2019, 10:03:37 pm »

@Palenerd: niiiiiice! It lives! Very nicely done. :D
Glad to see someone bringing Drunk shenanigans back to the Community Games board.   

@Dragofire: what's the legal drinking age where you live?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: October 30, 2019, 10:45:35 pm »

Ya know it's really weird to think that I originally started reading this when I was 16 and thinking "Wow, it's been going for a while. Kinda sad I can't join in though, too young and don't want to deprive myself of sleep."

And now I'm turning 22 in a couple of hours and can actually participate if I ever feel like attempting to dwarf fortress while shit faced.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: October 31, 2019, 08:05:22 am »

My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: November 01, 2019, 03:28:33 pm »

Ya know it's really weird to think that I originally started reading this when I was 16 and thinking "Wow, it's been going for a while. Kinda sad I can't join in though, too young and don't want to deprive myself of sleep."

And now I'm turning 22 in a couple of hours and can actually participate if I ever feel like attempting to dwarf fortress while shit faced.

Happy (belated) birthday!  :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 341