Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69653 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [New Succession Game]
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

1. Labor's not SCREW, there are like 10 or more dedicated Gardners growing. We just need bigger Farmers, simple to fix. Wait for a caravan and buy out their food too. Order birds for eggs. Cook those damn'ed seeds into lavish meals.
2. Harper has an office. It's just not to their standard, oh well, or just use the room south of Harper's bedroom as their office. This is an extremely low priority problem.
3. Turn BDaks mining off until he's done fixing dwarfs up.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

As far as cave-ins go, a cave in won't happen unless you have a section of contiguous land mass that is not connected to anything above OR below. You can easily dig a downward staircase in the corner of Harper's room, dig out an office underneath that, and it'll stay supported, because the floors are connected to other floors. You'd literally have to channel out the entire perimeter AND make sure there were no vertical supports--in other words, cave-ins don't happen on their own. You really have to be "trying" to cause one. I'd be more worried about a cave-in if you were channeling out a skylight for farming, that's where I've gotten nearly all of my deadly dust from.

Also yeah. it's easy to just disable labors temporarily. As far as using Therapist goes, I don't know how anyone could possibly play this game without it. Seriously. It's that nightmarish.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Overmind

• Bay Watcher
  • Broken legs? that's no excuse to stop fighting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2012, 05:32:28 pm »

I play with out it, its possible, But extremely hard and frustrating
Urist Mcdwarf cancels Drink,Interupted by !!FUN!!

Overmind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »

Personal journal of Overmind, entry 5
Its hard to write with one hand, but I can finish this entry. I will not fail the fortress in this task.

I can't believe it, ARMOK DAMNED BARK SCORPIONS! and not just any scorpions, these things are humanoid!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I really started to worry when they wander way to close to the fortress for comfort, I know what their stings can do. One got close to Babylon while she was caring her child, I nearly had a heart attack when she walk close to it, But then it ran away when she passed by it. It appears they're non hostile as long as you do not attack them they run away from even children.

I built an addition to the chapel, a burial ground, we finally buried Reg. Then I noticed another burial happening next to hers.
some dwarf buried the dead gremlin child from a while back, when asked he just said "Its the right thing to do." I let it slide.

A child was born today, many celebrations were had.

A goblin snatcher was spotted by are guards and they swiftly put it down. One of are recruits was a little to eager and charged in with an axe, he was accidently shot by one of are marks dwarves, straight into his gut. also the two giant bat pups we had were at the gate at the time and proceeded to violently maw the gobbo. I think we should use them for war

not long after we got the cage traps in place not one but three gobbo snatchers showed up, and fell directly into are traps.
I put them in the chapel training room for now. I'll ask around to see what we should do with them.

And finally, I would like to say goodbye to my friends.
Aussieevil who always had a way with stone.
Winter A fellow soldier and a great drinking buddy.
 Dr.Bdak Who always knew how to cheer people up.
AseaHeru and his book keeping skills always on track.
And Harper, who gave me the chance to live in this wonderful fortress, and its wonderful people.

But the most important is to laularukyrumo, The only regret I have is that i didn't spend more time with you.

Bdak keeps telling me I'm going to be alright, but I know that's not true, every day I feel more and more tired, I can barley hold this pen as I write this and its been forever since I had a sip of water. Sometimes I just pass out, each time more and more time before I wake up.

I find it kinda of funny, I know I'm dying and yet....I'm not scared, my life has been a long and eventful one. I couldn't be happier that my final moments will be in this fortress I helped make, With my friends No....they're more than friends, They're Family to me, I feel more at home here than I ever did in the mountain home. I'm happier than I can ever remember being.
i only wish I could of been more help.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:41:28 pm by Overmind »

Overmind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »

okay Overmind is pretty much doomed at this point, the lack of water has finally come back to haunt us. in that case I'm debating on wether or not to continue until I die or just keep going.

are fortress is sorta stable but are food stocks are kind of low and are defenses still have room for improvement. we should also stock alot more
medical stuff as right now were kinda out, also we need tables by the beds in the hospital, I added one but we need more

I qued up an all iron office set for Harper but It needs set up and some polish to make it better
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:40:55 pm by Overmind »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:52 pm »

arent wagons unable to cross traps?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »

Send Bdak straight to the caverns and pray for cavern water. Make sure we have a bucket ready once we breach the cavern.

Correct. Wagons will now not come to us once that wall and traps are finished.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2012, 10:59:08 pm »

GO PLANNING!
Highly Opinionated Fool

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2012, 05:07:58 am »

Ah crap I forgot that injured dwarves only take water. :'(

Well, one of my normal priorities in an embark like this would have been to have had a resevoir set up with a screw pump to cleanse the salt from the lake by mid-year 2, especially since we have a mechanic and a bunch of useless dwarves ideal for pump operating until a wheel can be built, but I guess things didn't swing that way... ???

I think the elves will still get to us, as they don't usually come with a wagon. But ideally you need a small 1-wide passage to the right/left of there and another bridge on the end of the 3-wide area. If !!FUN!! arrives, close the outer bridge so pathing is forced into the trap laden tunnel, then wait in the courtyard with the military to meet survivors of the flying death.
Like this:
Code: [Select]
|xxx|||
|.....|
|...|.|
|...|.|   < Traps here
|...|.|      (But caravan can access left passage)
|...|.|
|...|.|
|xxx|.|  (x = Bridge)
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2012, 10:30:39 am »

All caravans will come. Just their wagons won't - so less goods.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

but we LIKE goods.
Highly Opinionated Fool

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2012, 06:21:58 pm »

How else are we going to clothe the hungry?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »

How else are we going to clothe the hungry?
And who else will take our broken xXsocksXx? :D
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2012, 08:27:49 pm »

i was wondering why there were 50million of them floating around my fort...

ah, irony. play for 6 months, go nowhere. play for 2 weeks, siege, titans, and acres of socks.
Highly Opinionated Fool

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »

Where did Overmind go?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31