Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69131 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [Frozen Lake Succession Fort]
« Reply #240 on: December 16, 2012, 09:55:51 pm »

Uh, uh! Have Winter killed anyone? If he has, I'm writing a journal!

One Notable Kill:

Damsto the troll, d. 103
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 16, 2012, 09:59:33 pm »

Aside from the captured prisoners, all we have left is a giant olm that's too sick and wounded to remain conscious, let alone move, and four goblin swordsmen (two mounted on olms) who refuse to leave their captured commander's side. I'm thinking they need some bolts. Once they're sufficiently wounded, and only then, will I send in the militia. I just remembered... we have no water, so anyone wounded is as good as dead, and I'd rather that not happen.

Well, it was down to two goblins. One of them was trying to escape and heavily wounded, and nauseated. The other was being a bitch and dodging and blocking EVERYTHING. We finally got him to drop his shit, though, once I set all three squads on him. From there, it was a bloodbath for him, with no injuries. The fleeing goblin also took a crossbow bolt to the brain, courtesy of Degel Zarethlikot. The siege is broken, the day is ours!

now if only I could prepare a proper victory feast...

Huzzah! The humans have arrived! So they couldn't bring their wagons, cage traps obscuring entrance, but that's okay! They've got food, we've got stuff to trade for food, all is well. We could also use some cats, and pigs.... I'll see what they have and then I'll TAKE it!

Muhuhaha.... I bought a few bins of leather, as well as their entire supply of meat, cheese, and plants. I don't think we'll be hungry for a while. The best part is, thanks to the green glass balls I've been mass producing, I was able to get it all AND give them a 1500 Uristbuck profit in the deal. All I did was unload the bone crafts I made, as well as our old, rotting clothing and a few balls. He wanted the gold crown, but I said "nah, you can have an extra spiked ball instead." I'll save the crown for the dwarves.

Autumn's here, and so I expect to start producing as much as possible. In fact, now that the goblins are gone, I can get to work on that greenhouse...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and declare the famine officially over.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:11:32 pm by laularukyrumo »
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 17, 2012, 12:17:30 am »

Journal of Laularu Kyrumo, Overseer, Autumn 103

Good. We don't need any.

No really, we don't. More mouths to feed? Bad bad bad.

Recently, babies have been growing into children. This means little, except that we have more potential party-starters and more potential lever pullers.

The lake froze again, which suits me just fine. That lets me get up there and start excavating part of the ice, clearing it out. I've ordered walls put up so that the water doesn't thaw and then wash down and flood our fort every year or so. That would be bad. Work's almost done, though we did get a cave in... weird. At least nobody got hurt much, though a guy did get KO'd. Project Greenhouse is entering its final steps.

Also, woodcutting has been interrupted by a squadron of giant thrips. God damn it. I even sent the marksdwarves after them, but they kept missing, and the bugs kept fleeing, only to turn around and "bug" our loggers once we stopped shooting. Grr.... I just hope they don't turn hostile.

Today is a day of great sadness. A bunch of dwarves decided that they were too stupid to drink from the newly enlarged booze stockade, and thusly died of thirst while holding a booze pot. Those fallen include Scruffy, AussieEvil, and Rakust, creator of Clambreak. They will be remembered fondly.

Momuz, a 13-year old jeweler, threw what may be the shortest tantrum ever. Granted, she didn't exactly LOOK angry... Stupid teenagers throwing tantrums trying to get attention. How would YOU like it to starve to death, you mangy git?

Let it be known that Kivish, the dwarven trader, is a bitch. I ask him for some food, some coke he has lying around, and a pair of giant cave spiders. I offer him well over what it's worth. He turns around and asks for 5000 Uristbucks in additional goods. I tell him to go stick his absurd concept of value in his sporehole, and offer him a generous 2K profit. He thinks he should get away with 7K instead. What an ass. I'm honestly tempted to just say "fuck you" and take all his shit, just because of how much of an ass he's being.

I give him another reasonable offer and he turns around and asks for everything we own. Literally. And on top of that, he's supposedly "Rapidly losing his patience". What a dick! Yeah, a GCS is worth a lot, but not THAT much. You do NOT get double what your goods are worth. That's not how it works.

Fuck. Momoz just went completely off her rocker and started lashing out, screaming violent curses. I've heard of this before... total berserk insanity. I've sent the entire military down to put her down, hopeful that it doesn't make anybody else too mad....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:24:21 pm by laularukyrumo »

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2012, 01:19:44 am »

Oh dear. Can you redorf me please?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2012, 03:00:29 am »

Journal of Laularu Kyrumo, O'erseer, Winter 103

Mwahahahahaha! It's complete! It's finally complete! We've sealed off the area, and finished digging the channels. Now only one step remains....

Wondering what that support is holding up? Well... Let's just say there's a few z-levels of this, up to the surface of the lake.

PULL THE LEVER, KRONK!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glorious.

The bad news is, I'll have to rig it for a couple more cave-ins, as it didnt' completely destroy all the rock. The good news? We can throw our goblin buddies down there when we're ready to do it again. Muhuhahaha....

So here I am getting new bedrooms finally carved out and all of a sudden BUZZARD ATTACK! Luckily we have the Imperial Keys on guard to shoot down the menaces of the skies, but... euuuuuuugh. I shudder to think what might have happened if they'd been smart enough to fly down the open shaft that leads into... well, okay, it leads into the death trap/new farm, but the lever hasn't been relinked and the place isn't sealed up yet.

Well. Buzzards for dinner tonight! Maybe. If the butchers ever get un-busy. And if these things have ANY meat on their bones. Ah well. Totems either way. I asked the liaison to send buckets of plump helmets and their seeds, and they said they'd pay extra for spears, so I'm going to put our carpenters to work making training spears for trading. And some more spiked balls, we traded the last of those.

Oh. And the giant bat pups grew up. I had one of them trained for hunting, and the other one is set for adoption--we should keep a breeding pair on us, as it looks like they're going to be our source of leather for a while. Also, a squad of hunting bats is just epic.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

They sent another siege already. And this one's much, much bigger. Like. They sent in 120 individual units, including loads of mounts, a couple master weapon users, AND THE GENERAL HIMSELF. I managed to seal up, but a trapper and a Skinbonedwarf were unlucky and ended up trollfood. They will be avenged..... as soon as we develop a proper battle plan. We may have been able to just wear them out before, but the other guys brought ranged weapons too... This is going to be quite a battle, I can tell.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:28:00 pm by laularukyrumo »

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 17, 2012, 04:46:57 am »

And ladies and gentlemen, that is the end of my reign. I, for one, think I did a rather nice job... The wintertime siege was rather disheartening, but, that IS a problem for the next sucker, and therefore not me. :P

Food and booze should be fine, just so long as, y'know, nobody starts making lavish meals. I put in an order for plump helmets and helmet spawn, but unless we break the siege by autumn, I don't think we'll be getting them. Luckily, aboveground crops are growable all year round, so if whoever's next finishes up my little "ahem" project, we can have that up and running. It would also be a good idea to irrigate some of that area, cause I did hit stone while I was digging, but if my guess is correct, that may or may not be an issue.

Stocks screen, as of granite the first:

Good luck! You're gonna need it o-o

also, anybody who died in The Not-So-Great Booze Famine needs redorfing, I was too lazy to do that. What with the double siege and the famine. :PP

Oh. And the save file would be helpful. Here y'all go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oba7ny
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:54:46 am by laularukyrumo »

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2012, 05:17:44 am »

Well, I think I can safely say you had one of the most eventful reigns so far, eh? :D

AussieEvil's up, and I guess will have to redwarf to start, and has another truly massive siege to deal with, yikes. No wonder gobbos consistently took out my adventurers with the numbers they seem to be able to muster (well that and I suck at Adventurer mode, but I digress). At least they'll be a reservoir finally when the ice melts, right?

EDIT: Also I realised you can actually reach the status screens of Overmind and AussieEvil via the relationships screen. AussieEvil has the rather funny combination of 'Upper Body is gone' and Dehydrated, but she died content, go figure.

Also, Harper has accused one of the Spiritual Spades of a violation of a production order (presumably something about backpacks); but since we have no Captain of the Guard or Hammerer I don't think Aban is ever going to be arrested.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:40:25 am by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 17, 2012, 01:19:36 pm »

Yeah, about that.

During the first siege, I created a new squad called "EVERYBODY GET THE FUCK INSIDE", and accidentally made them the captain of the guard.

Then just before Momuz went berserk, I assigned her to that squad. She proceeded to beat the shit out of Avuz (thankfully no serious wounds, just bruising), and then proceded to go insane on her way to be atom-smashed. Once I noticed what was going on, though, I deleted that squad and re-created it as a normal military squad. Intended to be reserved for people who are too bloody stupid to go inside on their own.

And yes, it was about backpacks. He asked for a backpack, I gave it to him. He then IMMEDIATELY asked for three more, and I told him he could go stick it in his pooper.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:21:35 pm by laularukyrumo »

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 17, 2012, 02:55:31 pm »

Downloading my turn now.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 17, 2012, 05:20:12 pm »

Journal of "AussieEvil II" Amkolerush, formerly Erush, Maester of Lakebones, 1st Granite 104
I've decided to give myself a name after one of the best mechanics this fortress ever knew after receiving stewardship from the previous overseer. There's a lot to take care of here, mostly outside, but there's a goddamn siege of about 100 goblins at the entrance, so until that goes away, we'll have to work underground.

5th Granite
I've heard a frightening laugh from the barracks where the Songs of Sokan train. There's no policing force around here, so I will have to investigate by myself. He's made his way to a tanning shop. The squad in question has several angry dwarves in them, and as such they have been ordered to halt training.

Also, I've noticed that our miners are spending more time hauling crap to who-knows-where than mining. They'll be relieved of their hauling duties.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:39:00 pm by aussieevil »

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 17, 2012, 08:48:15 pm »

There was a lot of crap that needed hauling, and not a lot of stone that needed mining. I made the executive decision.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »

And now we have a lovely animal trap made from the bones of a dwarven baby.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 17, 2012, 10:09:31 pm »

Well of course, they can't use an adult for making cages! Adults only have 206 bones, babies have about 300; much more material to work with :)
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2012, 03:59:23 am »

As an artefact? Th-That's pretty morbid I guess, though I've seen a chain made out Kittens before, so whatever.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2012, 05:08:27 am »

Haha. Macabre mood. Lol. Yeah, there was an orphaned baby, and so it died. >.>

Hey. It could've been a lot worse! I held off the goblins!

Also I'm curious if we can design some devious way to lure some goblins into our little funhole that's going to eventually be a farm, and then cave-in on a bunch of them. Considering the pillar didn't fully destroy itself after one drop, it should be reusable a couple times, and kill some gobbos dead. Just fill the pit with as many as we can cram in there, then, pull the lever of death. :D

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31