Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69683 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [Frozen Lake Succession Fort]
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2013, 02:54:17 pm »

Yeah, sorry fellas, I'm going to play the rest of my turn tonight and update tomorrow. I'm pretty bad at taking screenies in the middle of the action :p If only there was a command to have the game save the screen automagically to a folder in DF, haha. Haven't been by my computer since Friday, and I got thirty minutes in or so.

And here's a spoiler-teaser of what happened whilst I was playing Friday!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2013, 09:13:39 pm »

I'll take a miner named Tasrak. Preferably male.

Are all these migrants exiles or do they come from our adopted civ?

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:43 am »

Mostly our adopted civ, I'd imagine, at least in the terms of how the game considers them. But you could check individuals to see where they're originally from.

I added you to the dorfing queue as well.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 15, 2013, 01:37:34 pm »

Mostly our adopted civ, I'd imagine, at least in the terms of how the game considers them. But you could check individuals to see where they're originally from.

I added you to the dorfing queue as well.

I imagine my Dwarf was sent here because of an accident involving magma and the booze stockpile.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2013, 04:12:20 pm »

Its been awhile since ive been on, and what does Fishy do? Cut off the foot of a bear 8)
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2013, 07:03:42 pm »

Huh. Werecreature showed up during the full moon? Holy shit, what are the odds of that?

or was it not transformed and you just beat the shit out of it anyway?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 16, 2013, 08:03:46 am »

Huray, Dr. Bdak! Still alive.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2013, 06:15:42 pm »

Bad news, fellas - I was in the middle of a siege, in summer, when my computer crashed.

The save file got corrupted and now I"m a little pissed at it. Plus it's time to let the save go. So, whoever's next, have at it. Vex's turn places you right with the Elves in the Trade Depot.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #323 on: January 17, 2013, 05:12:55 am »

Ayeyaiyai... and another one bites the dust. Oh well, not your fault I guess. I'll PM bp920091; and I suppose I better change to topic header to recruit more overseers; don't think we're going to make the 12 years at this rate...

By the way Pufferfish, do you want to be put on the bottom of the list like Vex, to try again later?
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [Recruiting 2-4 new overseers!]
« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2013, 05:51:52 am »

Yeah, since the save is corrupted, I'll start at the beginning of Vexs turn (Aussieevils save). While I don't like elves, they do produce more cloth in a year than I thought possible. All for the price of a few spiked balls. Update tomorrow (or later today)
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2013, 01:11:25 pm »

The Lakebones curse?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2013, 01:53:37 pm »

The Lakebones curse?

No, the ” update tomorrow” was because it was 4:00am and I had a 8:10 class. Expect an update today.

I should definitely be able to play through a year in five days though.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2013, 05:20:21 pm »

Yes, please, I'd love to try and actually get a full turn done on a succession fort.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2013, 06:54:32 pm »

The Lakebones curse?
I wouldn't say its a curse... yet...

We're just having a patch of bad weather, so to speak... though if we get a couple more incidents I may well concede its cursed.

I re-added Pufferfish to the bottom of the list.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2013, 02:30:26 am »

1st Granite:

After Vex and Pufferfish had complete schizophrenic breakdowns after they were told that they were overseers (Vex's lasted for a few hours, Pufferfish's only lasted a few minutes), it was with MUCH dismay when i was told that i was to be an overseer. However, no such episode has occurred yet, so... lets see how it goes (plenty of booze should help).

First off, we need to get rid of those corpses in our corpse stockpile. In order to do that, we are going to take their semi-useful stuff off them by dumping them into a long tube, with spikes at the bottom (so we can catch those who are just PLAYING dead). Additionally, this makes prisoner disposal much quicker and cleaner.

Additionally, to work on the food issue, i will be expediting the purging of the cave crocodiles.

I ask to see the workshops and what i see disturbs me. All of the workshops are in a loose conglomeration, no quarantine measures, no special feeder stockpiles. I shudder and walk down the hall, trusting that at least the craftsdwarves know what they are doing.

2nd Granite:

Exploratory Mining has been undertaken, as a result of our low coal stockpiles.

4th Granite:

A thief showed up, bashed a jewler in the arm with a knife (dont knifes usually cut?) and ran off VERY fast, to keep warm, i assume.

13th Granite:

To increase happiness, i have had some of the slackers (i mean engravers) start work on smoothing the entirety of the bedrooms (why the previous overseers did not go with a simple 2x3 bedrooms with plumbing attached is beyond me).

19th Granite:

WHY DID NOONE TELL ME THAT WE HAD TAME GIANT CAGE SPIDERS!!!

I immediately assigned these spiders to the entrance, so  that they might fend off any invaders that snuck their way inside (below ground, past the gate)

23rd Granite:

42 migrants (30 USABLE migrants, non children) showed up today, noone was really of any note, got a low skilled miner, no smiths, everyone was rather terrible at everything...

1st Slate:

When i went to find what the hunters were doing, they were laughing and had large smiles on their faces. They had spent the last two weeks systematically breaking every part of this giant sparrow...

5th Slate:

Huh, thats not something you see on every glacier, a swarm of one-humped camels showing up. I think they are VERY lost

10th Slate:

To increase beautification of the fort, every dwarf that is not doing anything (other than the miners) is going to start smoothing stone.

2nd Felsite:

A child has been possessed and goes to claim a craftsdwarf's workshop.

4th Felsite:

A complete overhaul of the forges are underway. As we do not have access to magma yet, i have staged the bar/ore stockpiles on several floors immediately above and below the forges. This should streamline the process of forging materials IMMENSELY.

Ill see if i can get another couple months done tomorrow.

PS, no pictures (i need to get a new image-sharing location, as i have them, but i need to upload them somewhere).

Also, i need to know who needs to be dwarfed, as i have... 105 Dwarves that I can nickname means that there are a LOT of spots open.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31