Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69112 times)

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105
« Reply #420 on: February 08, 2013, 01:24:50 am »

Im not going o this turn, however, put me on the back of the list. I im going to try to make a community fort soon, and i dont want to get bogged down.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #421 on: February 08, 2013, 04:30:14 am »

Ok, I updated the list. Joeclark is up.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 08, 2013, 10:09:03 am »

I will download the save and check it out.  Got a lot of stuff to do at work today, so it may be saturday PM before you all get a good update from me.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 08, 2013, 10:38:59 am »

At first look, all I can say is, you people are mad, absolutely mad.  Aside from adding my own flavor to the madness, my idea for a megaproject involves bringing magma to the surface.  I've never tried a pump stack before, so this is a good opportunity to try it and hand the consequences off to somebody else.  I noticed a large cistern-like hollow structure at the surface, can't figure out what it was intended for, but it's going to be a magma tank now.  Oh, and look at all the delightful caged creatures we have to play with!  I'm still mulling over what use to put them to.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 08, 2013, 01:32:22 pm »

At first look, all I can say is, you people are mad, absolutely mad.  Aside from adding my own flavor to the madness, my idea for a megaproject involves bringing magma to the surface.  I've never tried a pump stack before, so this is a good opportunity to try it and hand the consequences off to somebody else.  I noticed a large cistern-like hollow structure at the surface, can't figure out what it was intended for, but it's going to be a magma tank now.  Oh, and look at all the delightful caged creatures we have to play with!  I'm still mulling over what use to put them to.

Yeah, during my turn i used them for live training for the military.
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 08, 2013, 09:52:03 pm »

Day 1:
This fortress is a maze!  First things first... the gate is shut and there are lots of caged enemies and dead dwarves outside.  Took a look at the militia.  Squads are full of vacancies and look at this -- they have women in the militia.  What barbarians are responsible for this offense against nature?

Day 2:
Can't figure out how and why jobs were assigned, so I just fired everybody from every labor.  And emptied the militia except for commander Fishybang.  I decided that my megaproject will require about 10 miners, about 10 glassmakers, 2 mechanics and lots of masons.  I assigned those jobs, then added the other things I needed - cook, brewers, metal workers, etc.  I organized a 40-man (man) militia: everyone with any skills is given an axe and put under Fishybang's command.  A second squad of spears is under my personal command.  Two squads of completely green marksdwarves will be backing us up. (Note: we need a surface rampart for them to shoot from!)  At commander Fishybang's recommendation, we will all be training our skills on the captured goblins and perhaps some of the other creatures we've caught.

Day 3:
We have hundreds of iron bars but not one of steel.  I have ordered a forest to be burned for charcoal, and a quarry's worth of marble (flux) to be mined out, and queued up enough pig iron to keep the smelters busy for a while.  My apologies to whoever decided we needed to be making electrum bars on repeat -- this is more important.
I've designated the necessary areas to be mined out for my megaproject.  I opened the gates.  The new militiamen are picking up the equipment scattered around the plain, and chopping down the forest I requisitioned.

This fortress is just killing my work computer.  I'll have to switch to my laptop.  More updates will come tomorrow or sunday.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 09, 2013, 01:58:28 am »

22nd granite:  Babylon went berserk and was beaten to death by the militia.  A couple other dwarves look set to tantrum, so I'm trying to get the happiness generators back on line.  We have a huge backlog of "put item in stockpile" jobs though, so things are going slow.

28th granite:  Dwarfed myself (as captain of spear squad), Dusty (captain of 1st marksdwarf squad), and Tasrak (boy miner).

19th slate: 10 migrants arrive. They have been given jobs.

16th felsite: elf caravan arrives. fortunately, so do goblins, and they kill at least some of the elves. I make about fifty of them, all on mounts (some giant bats, some giant toads, etc.  Our cave spider guards seem to be taking care of the flying ones.  A woodcrafter and glassmaker (and their babies) were locked outside.  Also I atom-smashed an unknown dwarf while re-opening the gate to let him/her in.

22 felsite: Dusty has been struck down by a cave crocodile.  It appears the goblins are coming over our wall using scaffolding I built but didn't remove (I was building a roof and 2nd-floor turrets for archers). Why is there no inner gate or defensible entryway???  All 40 untrained, barely-equipped militia have been ordered to defend the entrance.  With help from cave spiders, etc, we may be able to hold them off.

3rd hematite:  There is blood all over the dining room.  We are down to 129 dwarfs, from 157.  Huh, not as bad as I thought.  There are three goblin crossbowmen with their mounts left alive.  We have a good hundred enemies in cages now.  Fishybang was killed in the fighting.  I'm not sure who else might have died.  Somebody's gone berserk below decks.  More reports tomorrow.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 09, 2013, 02:09:51 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Oh well, guess i went down with honor, but that doesent mean Fishybang is gone from this world, give me the most experenced military member alive named Fishybang again. FISH DONT GO DOWN THAT EASY!

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2013, 06:48:28 am »

Oh my, three more player-dwarf casualties.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 09, 2013, 01:07:01 pm »

Am i alive?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2013, 01:31:05 pm »

Am i alive?
Apparently, yes.  I believe you're the bookkeeper and therefore assigned no labors.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 09, 2013, 01:31:41 pm »

7th malachite:  The last goblin has been killed.  We are down to 122 dwarfs as the wounded are dying off.  Most of the dead were children and soldiers, so the work force isn't very much inhibited.  (Except by despair.)  We have only one well and it's about 50 z-levels to the water.  Things are moving way too slow for my megaproject to get done, so I've decided on a more modest project: to use the gigantic cistern-thing to store fresh water pumped from the lake, and add some new wells and a hospital on top of it. This will constitute a second above-ground level to our castle and will be a suitable place to station marksmen or train soldiers once done.

8th malachite: Stukos Shoratzokun, Tailor, has created Borushteling, a pig tail fiber thong.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:32:39 pm by joeclark77 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »

Am i alive?
Apparently, yes.  I believe you're the bookkeeper and therefore assigned no labors.
BUHAHA!
sorry.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 09, 2013, 03:09:49 pm »

25 malachite:  Humans are laying siege.  15 lashers, 1 spearman, and a war polar bear have been spotted.  They are not rushing the gate, even though I left it open in hopes of getting them into the cages.  I wonder why.

21 limestone:  I had the scaffolding problem again and had to fight the enemy rather than holing up behind the wall.  This was unfortunate.  The last human lasher was killed by a tag team of myself (the last living speardwarf) and marksdwarf Stukos Shrastzokun (maker of the legendary gem-encrusted thong).  We managed to get the leader and his war polar bear mount in a cage, perhaps the bear will make for some sport.  This fortress is in dire shape.  102 dwarfs survive.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »

11th sandstone:  I'm pretty sure we've filled all our coffins.  I'm ordering more to be made.

17th sandstone:  Finally restored power to the happiness generators.  now, if only I could figure out where to put the water in to make these things go.  The pumps do not appear to be set up in a round. Our last surviving founder, Aseaharu has apparently died.  Now we have no one to blame for this fortress but ourselves.

25th timber:  Datan Zulbanilit has created Gongith Cog, a gabbro bed!  Our exhausted fortress is under attack again -- this time two ambushes, of kobold swordsmen and spearmen respectively.  Fortunately, a caravan from the mountainhomes is here and the caravan guards slaughtered the invaders in quick order.

1st moonstone: Winter is upon us.  Finally our cage traps are starting to be re-loaded.  Coffins are being produced and filled.  I have traded some old worn out clothing for some booze (and will trade more if the dwarves will bring things to the depot).  We are at 88 dwarves now, about half of which are children.

3rd moonstone:  The kobold thief Thleebus had the decency to die right on our refuse stockpile so no hauling would be needed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:32:19 pm by joeclark77 »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31