Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777812 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2013, 09:35:53 pm »

Sums up the update pretty good.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I find it kind of strange that the biggest threat to the fort isnt a siege or some kind of a disease but instead this..."nudist freak" ???

This is so fscking hilarious.  I absolutely love it.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2013, 09:23:07 pm »

Dorfing is done on a first come, first serve basis.
So, it looks like I'm the next one to be dorfed...
Troll Fur Sock looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Prepare for my ballista bolts. Prepare your... ahm. Guts.
Seriously, the first thing I will do in my turn will be ordering myself to build hundreds of ballistas everywhere and then fire them all day, all night. Legendary siege operator can kill a FB with one shot using masterork siege engines and ammo, can't he? That's why.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:27 am »

Dorfing is done on a first come, first serve basis.
So, it looks like I'm the next one to be dorfed...
Troll Fur Sock looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Prepare for my ballista bolts. Prepare your... ahm. Guts.
Seriously, the first thing I will do in my turn will be ordering myself to build hundreds of ballistas everywhere and then fire them all day, all night. Legendary siege operator can kill a FB with one shot using masterork siege engines and ammo, can't he? That's why.

You could also build a catapult range.  It doesn't use up stone so you can run it forever without issue.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2013, 01:48:23 am »

PTW.
Nothing happening much so far. Also, what's with StLeibowitz's tileset?

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2013, 01:55:14 am »

From the Journal of Saint, Empress of the Deeps, Templar Grandmaster, Master of the Void-Wraiths, Overseer of Murdermachines, Favored of Armok

HEMATITE 1, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Bim's gone gibbering off to her room. Everyone else is keeping a wide berth. This was the only event of note that occurred today.

HEMATITE 4, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Sent the squads out to get some live training on a few giant sparrows that were nipping at some masons. They got some good training in running, I'll tell you that.

HEMATITE 9, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

I think I know why my host was so fat now. noodle0117 is throwing a party to celebrate.

I will, of course, not attend. Actually, as it stands noodle and AtomicAvocado are the only attendees.

HEMATITE 10, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Olon made what can be humbly declared the best fucking cage I've ever seen in my life. I mean, wow, that is an amazingly well-sticked-together pile of sticks.

MALACHITE 2, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Raptor's withdrawn from society. Considering he had the idea when he was carting shit around, I can't say I'm too enthusiastic about what he may produce.

MALACHITE 3, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Bastard's claimed a craftsdwarf workshop. Yeah, this isn't going to be spectacular.

MALACHITE 4

He's started sketching skeletons and leather. If he makes some sort of living creature out of this, I take back everything I've said.

I think I might be focusing unhealthily on Raptor, so let's take a look at the other most interesting thing in the past month!

Yeah...Bim's, uh...Bimming, I guess.

I wonder if I put a classified in Monsters Weekly we'd get another were-ape attack?

MALACHITE 26

Immigrants! Immigrants immigrants immigrants!

Welcome, brothers and sisters in Armok! Our glorious temple nears semi-almost-completion!

Well, we've got the blood-altar set up, at least. I'd pop Bim in through the hole up top first, just to shut her incessant babbling, but I'm not sure if she's too far gone to not set off a cage trap.

Instead...

I wonder how many of these immigrants have friends?

GALENA 1

Well, we all knew it'd happen eventually. The looney wasn't even drinking towards the end! And now the nudist is dead, and the halls are quiet once more.

...I think I'm going to scream if things don't get more interesting soon.

GALENA 9

Dortimus produced a meatshield of his...her...its very own!

GALENA 16

Humans spotted! Their wagons appear to be taking the incredibly long, winding, and inefficient route - maybe they think the suspense will make us more likely to give them a good deal on these damn fine wood cages?

GALENA 17

AWWW YEAH TIME FOR SOME ACTION!

Goblin pedophiles spotted off the port bow! All military squads ahead full.

I arrived a bit later of course, as I was out hunting giant mosquitoes with my darling son. You can't catch mosquitos without live bait, after all!

Ah, family bonding...I remember back before the Void, when my father would take me out to hunt the Great Mosquitos with him...he tied me to a tree then, too. Just as I have done for my son. He'll be a Templar one day!

23 GALENA

The wagons finally arrived. Negotiations commence, Jables at the head.

The deals are hard and the prices likely illegal in some of the more tightly-scrutinized bazaars, but we come to an agreement with the humans; they walk off with a good number of rough gems, a masterwork cage, and a few bars of silver, and in exhchange we get a few bins of leather, wild strawberry seeds, and a few picks.

28 GALENA

The altar is complete! Let the test run commence!

I order a cat to be sacrificed to the Stonemaker. I will die permanently one day, I know it, and I want the Halls to be open for once more, dammit!

2 LIMESTONE

Well...at least he isn't streaking.

Hey, guys, how's that cat sacrifice coming along?

It...it lived.

This is a very bad omen, isn't it?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2013, 01:57:13 am »

PTW.
Nothing happening much so far. Also, what's with StLeibowitz's tileset?

I don't have a tileset, which is the problem - AnimaRytak had one, and thus the raws are adapted for that set. I don't have the same art assets or whatever, so I get instead a bunch of messed-up tiles. It's kind of like duplicating raws, except for art.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2013, 02:56:32 am »

The raws aren't duplicated - The tilesets just change the art for the pieces. If you have LNP, you can update the savegame to the tileset. Or lack thereof.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2013, 02:57:35 am »

Name that baby Lashidang!

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2013, 08:44:17 am »

No dorf for me?
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2013, 10:04:43 am »

No dorf for me?

No dorf for anyone. I was playing at 1 AM and did not feel like searching through this thread for people who wanted to be dorf.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2013, 10:48:15 am »

Great. I'm gonna die of insanity. Whoopee. Hey, since it's melancholy, I have a question. Is there any water around, or failing that, a cliff?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2013, 11:08:40 am »

Great. I'm gonna die of insanity. Whoopee. Hey, since it's melancholy, I have a question. Is there any water around, or failing that, a cliff?

There's the sacrificial pit, but as the cat's survival indicates I haven't quite worked out all the bugs. The fall wasn't high enough to knock out the victim for disembowelment by the eight copper disks of pain.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2013, 11:50:17 am »

Name that baby Lashidang!

Yes, please name that firstborn baby Lashidang for me.

I don't know if I got redorfed in the last wave, since I think we were low on unnamed dwarves; if there's no Krosan in the fort, please dorf me as one of the marksdwarves as Krosan II.

Also, I get to go tell Dortimus that he's a mommy now. This will probably end badly dorfily.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2013, 12:52:18 pm »

do we have a dwarfing list on the first page?if not, shall we make one?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »

Awwww, I have a tiny bearded baby.

Though the female organs are new knowledge to me, but hey, live and learn.

I'd love for Krosan to be my child, so I can mother him, and eventually abuse him. He's just a child, so he doesn't know any better than "I wanna be a soldier when I grow up!"

Not to mention I'll have time to impart the ways of combat onto him when I carry him into battle.

(But totally dorf my kid as Krosan, it'll piss him off to no end.)
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 272