Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788911 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2013, 03:16:13 pm »

Heh. Remember, I am simultaneously Derm Hellbinder, and also Derm Soulchopper.

Which came first and which holds sway over the Fearbringer is a matter lost to the heat of Armok's forge. Maybe it's someone new.

Anyway, enough ego boosting for me, back to the story!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2013, 06:50:22 pm »

Heh. Remember, I am simultaneously Derm Hellbinder, and also Derm Soulchopper.

Which came first and which holds sway over the Fearbringer is a matter lost to the heat of Armok's forge. Maybe it's someone new.

Anyway, enough ego boosting for me, back to the story!

But one missed strange mood and you're liable to become Derm Dwarfchopper.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2013, 06:51:23 pm »

Do military dwarves get strange moods?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2013, 07:36:16 pm »

Yeah, I've had dwarves assigned to squads get moods before. I can't recall clearly if the dwarves were on active duty at the time or what, but I know for sure that my axedorf military commander got a strange mood at some point and became a legendary stonecrafter.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2013, 08:40:20 pm »

Do military dwarves get strange moods?

I think Raptor was a military dwarf, and he got a strange mood, so I'm going to say yes.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been slammed by homework this week and have a big presentation coming up on Friday that I must prepare for. If you're willing to wait, I can probably finish my turn, but if the next guy is itching to go I can post a short farewell entry and upload the save.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2013, 04:07:01 pm »

The raws aren't duplicated - The tilesets just change the art for the pieces. If you have LNP, you can update the savegame to the tileset. Or lack thereof.
No you can't, that does not work on modded games because LNP does not preserve the modifications.
You have to change tilesets on modded games by hand.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

I am unable to complete my turn fully, sorry guys :( I'm uploading the save so the next player can continue on.

Things I was unable to accomplish:

-The Temple of Armok is basically useless for the sacrifice of farm animals, though it should work better for genuine enemies. Also, I never did get around to putting in the tables and such to make a dining hall.

-Nobody ever had a successful mood. The Spirit World and I do not get along well.

-There's a cat loose in the fort. Not sure if it's male or female. Kill it anyways, it is a sacrifice to Armok and that must be completed!

-Never exacted my revenge on Anima Rytak for booze-hoarding. ("Saint" Ducimakum, Military Governor, is stricken by melancholy!)

In-Character reason for abdicating the throne:

~~~
From the Journal of Saint, Military Governor of Murdermachines, Templar of Armok, Empress of the Underground, and Former Master of the Void-Wraiths

LIMESTONE 3, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Nothing...has...happened...in...months.

I can't do this anymore. There are mosquitos to be hunting, a son to be raising in the way of the Templars of old, skills to be maintaining - and here am I, scratching a quill scross some blasted cat parchment and filling out Mok-damned immigration forms!

I'm going into the damned portal tonight and dragging that deserting heir out of the Void and giving him a body here. I quit! I forfeit! I resign! Someone else can have the damned job, I have Giant Mosquitos to kill! I didn't repossess someone's body and annihilate their soul so I could become a petty bureaucrat managing some two-bit outpost on the ass end of creation! I'm through!

...I'm keeping the apartment, though, I think. It's a damn fine apartment, even if only half-done.

I'm leaving this log and a list of my regrets in the top drawer of the Overseer's desk. Raptor just walked by and I want to laugh at his failures one last time before he can do something about it legally.

~~~

The file, of course: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7344
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:10 pm »

And with that, Insanity Incarnates turn is up.

As per usual, you have the option of completing both Saints year and your own year, in order to keep future overseer transitions smoother and easier to remember.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2013, 03:05:11 am »

Oh, hey, it's me! Huzzah!
I DEMAND BLOOD!

[EDIT] .7z format? What are you, a barbarian!? We civilised people use .rar
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:25:28 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2013, 05:12:53 am »

You have strange definition of civilized.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2013, 05:45:39 am »

This whole thread is every freaking kind of awesome. Posting to watch!

May I have the lye maker dwarfed Tyler Durden?

May I also sign up for a turn to oversee?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55:15 am »

Insanity, one favor, since we never got confirmation on it:

Please verify that we do have a marksdwarf named Krosan II and a baby dorf named Lashidang in the fort right now, I have no clue if Saint got around to it.

Would appreciate, for the sake of curiosity, a screen of Krosan II's details page to see what kind of antisocial prick he is.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2013, 12:24:13 pm »

Oi, I still need my masonmechanic dwarf :P

This fort is all sorts of awesome.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2013, 06:35:21 pm »

.7z format? What are you, a barbarian!? We civilised people use .rar
...you mean .zip?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2013, 06:36:17 pm »

Insanity, one favor, since we never got confirmation on it:

Please verify that we do have a marksdwarf named Krosan II and a baby dorf named Lashidang in the fort right now, I have no clue if Saint got around to it.

Would appreciate, for the sake of curiosity, a screen of Krosan II's details page to see what kind of antisocial prick he is.

I can confirm for you right now that I never got around to it. Honestly, I entirely forgot about Lashidang.

I think a dorfing list would be a good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 272