Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789083 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2013, 12:02:45 pm »

Oh, reeeeeealy?
Fine, you aren't until someone comes up with a viable explanation.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:06:28 pm by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »

Well. Terry got onto my machine once, when i was fooling about with a Minecraft conversion for the original Deathgate, but I'm on a different computer now, and I haven't touched the save, so we can rule out that. I'm just gonna go with someone's DF install still had a bit of Terry in it, or just regular old texture corruption from using different tilesets.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2013, 08:18:16 pm »

It's only natural that Deathgate II would have bucket invasions and children turning into geese.

...wait. No it isn't.

Sign me up for a turn. A horrible, painful turn. I'll add myself to the dorfinator.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2013, 10:09:30 pm »

7th Limestone, Year 252

It seems that now with the illness of Saint it is time again for the rise of the miners. Though Armok is nice to worship, living in a military government under him is unpleasant. S(he) seemed to be happy with the change, and from the looks of the Log I found in the overseer's office, I have to assume that she needed the thrill of battle to get by.

First Things first, there were a good number of uninhabited bodies lying around, so I decided to handle the recovery of a number of souls. Krosan was missing, but I was able to recover a good number of Dwarves

Spoiler: Aslod, Foe of Trees (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lashidang, Baby Demon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Malach (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pitchblende, Artificer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scaliper, Abacus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thaddeus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tomio, Scientist (click to show/hide)

Additionally, I decided to fix the mess the military government made of the Hall of Living
Spoiler: Fixing the Mistakes (click to show/hide)

Finally, to satisfy the final request of Saint, I have ordered the death of the 'infidel'

Hopefully, these changes will make it apparent that we spirits are superior to the natives.

9th Limestone, Year 252
We spotted a goblin snatcher. Before he could grab a vessel he ran away. Unfortunate, but inevitable.

15th Limestone, Year 252
I've noticed the surprising lack of a graveyard in the entire fortress. With the several bodies lying around, I don't want to take the risk that the souls we displaced returning to cause havoc.

This Temple dedicated to the local customs should satisfy the number of vessels who fail to understand the value of our possession of them. Of course, Possession is a bad term for it, seeing as they never deserved the body in the first place.

17th Limestone, Year 252
I noticed a minor issue with carpentry shop locations, and decided to design and dig out a more formal place for the jobs to be completed, along with a wood stockpile above for ease of access.

28th Limestone, Year 252
We have a new vessel to feed and care for until we can fill the body with a more valuable member of society.

First Update is up, though I want to ask a question.

Since the start dates are so weird, should I go ahead and play until Granite 1, 254 or until Limestone 1, 253?

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »

Keep playing til Granite. It'll make things simpler.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2013, 10:33:32 pm »

SEE!? THE BUCKETS ARE INVADING!!

IT'S LIKE MY TURN ALL OVER AGAIN! THE BUCKETS SEND IN SPIES, THEN THEY OPEN THE GATES TERRY POSSESSES A HORDE OF GEESE AND SLAUGHTERS EVERYONE'S SAVEFILES!!!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2013, 11:22:59 pm »

Lashidang hates hamsters. Huh.

I was "missing?" Does that mean you just ran out of dwarves to dorf? If so, that is rather amusing.

I'm going to update the dorfing status of the ones you mentioned in your post.

Couple questions:

Raptor is still alive and melancholy, yes?
Jables is still alive, yes?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 21, 2013, 12:54:21 am »

Keep playing til Granite. It'll make things simpler.

This man is correct.  Play until Spring of 254.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #383 on: February 21, 2013, 02:22:24 am »

I was "missing?" Does that mean you just ran out of dwarves to dorf? If so, that is rather amusing.

Couple questions:

Raptor is dead, I believe. He was definitely dead at some point in my turn.
Unlike Jables, who is alive, but died during my turn, and did so nobly.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 21, 2013, 08:26:02 am »

Raptor is probably alive at this point in time but melancholy. I seem to remember that being the case.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2013, 08:52:58 am »

Couple questions:

1. I'm working for dramatic effect with Krosan(and I need to find someone suitable)
2. Raptor is alive, and probably has around 3-41-2 months to live, if I understand his current levels of hunger right now
3. My fellow miner, Jables, is perfectly healthy right now.

NOTE: I also took a peek at the raws, so goblins should be g again.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:15:04 am by bulborbish »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 21, 2013, 11:19:48 am »

Right, then at this point I believe the dorfinator is actually up to date. Good job bros!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 21, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »

Couple questions:

1. I'm working for dramatic effect with Krosan(and I need to find someone suitable)
2. Raptor is alive, and probably has around 3-41-2 months to live, if I understand his current levels of hunger right now

Be a pal and put Raptor in the sacrifice chamber, will you? I want to die like a dwarf, not wasting away of hunger.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #388 on: February 21, 2013, 11:43:53 pm »

Couple questions:

Be a pal and put Raptor in the sacrifice chamber, will you? I want to die like a dwarf, not wasting away of hunger.
Remember, the sacrifice chamber DOESN'T WORK. I spent most of my turn trying to make it work, but even Jables took a while to die after he plummeted to his death.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2013, 06:04:03 am »

Couple questions:

Remember, the sacrifice chamber DOESN'T WORK. I spent most of my turn trying to make it work, but even Jables took a while to die after he plummeted to his death.
Well then. Starvation it is. I'll just wait until I get redorfed to die properly horribly.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 272