Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 783737 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #390 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:17 pm »

Make it impossible to escape from and put a minecart-repeating menacing spikes down there. That'll kill everything.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 22, 2013, 10:53:41 pm »

Make it impossible to escape from and put a minecart-repeating menacing spikes down there. That'll kill everything.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to make mine carts work, and Raptor died fairly fast before I could make an attempt. Anyway, on with the Update (I do understand Spikes)

Sandstone 9, 252

I've completed a sketch of my final solution to the mess that the housing section of the fortress
Spoiler: The Plans (click to show/hide)
It's a bit rough around the edges, and I still need to install a suitable residency for myself, but it should handle the greatest design issue we had.

Sandstone 23, 252

We had 7 new vessels arrive today. Looking through their skillsets, I've decided to bring two more individuals back from the Abyss.

Spoiler: The Mad Fool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshi (click to show/hide)

I'll admit, I'm not that enthusiastic about bringing the Old Doctor back into the fort, but better his somewhat skilled hands then the incompetence we could expect from that Bookkeeper AnimeRaytak. Aoshi was so enthusiastic to get his hands on a pick and begin mining he jumped into another vessel, and I can't complain about the additional help inside the mines.

Timber 1, 252

Raptor finally died of Melancholy from the failure early on in the fortress. I suspect the vessel is also involved, but I can't accomplish anything on purging it from this plane until I get the Temple of Miner ready. The vessel's child I also suspect will succumb, only being around 7 months old. At least we have other vessels to work with.

Timber 4, 252

We need to reinforce the Beacon. Shigshagor, some random shmuck, rushed through a quick pulse and seized the nearest vessel that he could find. The shock seems to have driven him even more mad, as he rushed to the nearest craftshop and begun taking whatever scraps he can find around the fortress. I guess will just tolerate him for now.
Spoiler: Shigshagor (click to show/hide)

Timber 10, 252

The Groundwork for the Temple of Miner has been completed. Having put the final touches myself, I can say that now all we need to do is actually install the coffins. Unfortunately, the few Masons we have operating seem more concerned with the completion of the Housing Chamber.

Timber 13, 252

I've seen good things in my time, and I can tell that this door is something special. I mean, look at it:

Also, I'm starting to get concerned with the general state of the stockpile efficiency at the moment, so I sent a order out for two sets of stockpiles that should improve the situation:
Spoiler: Stockpiles (click to show/hide)
Timber 16, 252

A caravan arrived today from the mountainhomes, carrying goods that we will need to boost the stability of the fortress. Unfortunately, a kobold thought he could steal supplies from us

Fortunately, we were able to dispatch of him in a timely manner before he escaped, in part due to the excellent shot from the Mad Fool, who disabled the Thief before he could get away.
Spoiler: The Failed Escape (click to show/hide)

Timber 20

Just as we were about to start negotiations with the Mountainhome, we spot another Kobold. He gets away before we can dispatch him.

after that minor incident, we began negotiations. Seeing that we only really lacked strong metal for armor and weapons, I ordered only those goods.

Timber 25, 252

We finally finished formalizing paperwork for the next year. Our results make me optimistic on attracting more vessels next year.
With that Scaliper can actually stop working at the negotiation table and get to work on the actual negotiation. Hopefully we see better luck with that than the Coffin Supply, which we still lack a single one. I'll have to find a suitable punishment(not involving sacrifice) to inflict on them if they do not solve the issue soon.

Moonstone 1, 252

The last few days have been uneventful. Though we completed the Mason and Smithy Stockpiles, we've only had moderate success with the development of the other stockpiles. On a lighter note, the Housing District is almost complete.

Anyway, I need to return to Scaliper to see how the trade negotiations are going. The slow speed that they are proceeding at is starting to make me wonder on his competency.

Anyway, in the next update, Krosan and Raptor will be reincarnated. Until then, Bulborb signing out.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:26 pm »

How am I doing?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:58 pm »

Me too, how's my dorf?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #394 on: February 22, 2013, 11:08:08 pm »

The kobolds are humans? Everything makes so much sense now! The humans, kobolds, and buckets are in league with each other! They are plotting the downfall of Dwarven civilisation! THEY MUST BE STOPPED! BURN ALL BUCKETS!!!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 23, 2013, 12:28:01 am »

Updated the status on the dorflist for the ones you added this turn.

At present, these are the only names I show as still undorfed; if you're on the dorfinator and aren't here, you're probably alive and in something approaching health.

TrollFurSock
Raptor (died)
Medkit
Krosan (died)
Voicesinthefan
Brokenmind
Flame
Maxwell Edison
Tyler Durden
Eugonachta
Vendix
AseaHeru
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #396 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:20 am »

Yay, Cassartheru's alive!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 23, 2013, 07:02:51 am »

Please let Malach smooth the tomb's walls and floors, I want him to become a legendary engraver as quickly as possible.
Besides that, I like that Bulborbish is fixing stuff, delaying the inevitable chaos for some while.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 23, 2013, 09:18:22 am »

Please let Malach smooth the tomb's walls and floors, I want him to become a legendary engraver as quickly as possible.

Malach is already a Master Engraver, and I'm RPing my frustration with the speed. I'm going to make an attempt to improve the Military in winter, so I need most of the Domestic Stuff Handled by then, or I'll have to push it back to spring.

Besides that, I like that Bulborbish is fixing stuff, delaying the inevitable chaos for some while.
Oh no, this is just to make things more orderly until I can build my own resource intensive project.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2013, 11:09:56 am »

From the Diary of The Mad Fool Zuglarning:

After some delay, my test subjects friends have finally acquired a new vessel for my use.  A marvelous vessel it is, too.  They were even so good as to find one prone to disease, meaning I will be able to experiment on this vessel when I lack suitable specimens.  Most useful.

My time in the Void has been very educational, and it has certainly given me new ideas.  Unfortunately, adapting those ideas to static Physics in a geometrically three-dimensional space has proven...limiting.  But perhaps I have merely been spoiled by my time away.  No matter.  I will apply what I can.

I confess to some nostalgia when looking upon this fort.  It is so...new and untainted by the madness that seeped and soaked into our previous one.  While I do miss the edifying conversation that Terry provided, I must say I do appreciate being able to work without the distractions of murderous wraiths and magma floods.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2013, 04:08:31 pm »

It's good to have our friendly neighborhood psycho therapist back.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2013, 05:39:42 pm »

Fortunately, we were able to dispatch of him in a timely manner before he escaped, in part due to the excellent shot from the Mad Fool, who disabled the Thief before he could get away.
Huh? Is the Mad Fool in the militia? Pulling double duty as our doctor?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2013, 08:31:50 pm »

My guess is he's gathering body parts and organs for his experiments.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2013, 08:55:17 pm »

My guess is he's gathering body parts and organs for his experiments.

Maybe skill with swords and daggers translates over into cutting up victims patients more easily.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2013, 10:33:12 pm »

From the Diary of Saint, Former Military Governor of Murdermachines Yet She Who Still Claims Empresshood of the Deeps

I have finally regained aenough sobrety to hold pen again. Spelng still beyond mental ablity. Outloook not good for imrpovement in forseabl future, so I wriet now.

Bulgordish Bludorgbsh Bulbi has takn charge. May have bin other perid where crazy (insan?) Void-Dweller run fort, but to drnk to remembr. Bulbi has made obscene muckery (mockry?) of beutiful natural cavrn Digger dorf made in my reign and gave sqaure corners to it. Disgresful use of space ner Tomb. Templ to hethen god carved; maybe has dirty Guildist symbolsm in center. Does thiis universe even hav Guildsts? Must check before doing something to bring self up on drunc an disorderly charges as wel as desecratin holy place.

To Do List:

-Maek shure blue bridjs in new entrnse linked for dorfin atummsmahdhe super squisher.
 -Brew mor rum.

Rum if gon. Stil thirsty. Wil chekc if Bulbi made more rum yet, and yel at someoen if not.

(The rest of the parchment is illegible and soaked in a strange liquid with a high alcohol content that cannot be identified as any known alcoholic beverage.)
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 272