Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 786166 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #600 on: March 28, 2013, 11:17:06 pm »

A speardwarf you say? This could be interesting...

(So that makes swords, darklight blade, flails, scythes, cannons, omnigauntlets and now spears...)

Give him two please. I might arpee a bit later.

EDIT: Her. Give her two spears. Or hax her to be male. Please.
Huh? It it possible to double-wield weapons? If I add both to uniform, won't your dorf start constanly changing them?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:23:00 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 28, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »

Dwarves can wield two weapons, yeah. That doesn't meant they'll use both of them regularly in combat, but one could get stuck in a goblin so they'd start hacking with the other, for example.

They might also just hold both spears in one hand and bash baddies with their fist, because eff logic, they're dwarves.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 29, 2013, 08:36:24 am »

...I've been dorfed as a she-dwarf again. *sigh* I suppose it doesn't really matter with the life expectancy here, but I'd have liked to have a beard for once.  :(
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 29, 2013, 09:40:38 am »

...I've been dorfed as a she-dwarf again. *sigh* I suppose it doesn't really matter with the life expectancy here, but I'd have liked to have a beard for once.  :(
Denied.

On a side note, damn fine work Peregarett
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 29, 2013, 10:46:29 am »

Denied.
Oh no, you must have been hacked by Terry!!
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 29, 2013, 10:53:37 am »

Denied.
Oh no, you must have been hacked by Terry!!

He shouldn't feel too bad.  I've been stuck in a femdwarf's body since the beginning.  I wear the evil pope cloak to hide this.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13:31 am »

'The pope is a woman?!'
'What do you mean it's not the pope?!'
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 29, 2013, 11:43:23 am »

14th Granite
So, when everything were settled, I tried to bring more order in this madness.

Miners are digging BLOODY HUGE hall? DON'T. Dig mayor quarters and stairs down to !!MAGMA!!

There are dwarf bodies outside? Bring them into stockpile. Just BODIES! Leave socks alone!

Trap entrance is not trapped enough. Fill it with cage traps!

Everyone now - GO!

Problem of Aslod trading with invisible traders was solved. I played that game a bit - came down speaking with invisible Guild representative, shoke his invisible hand, wished to invisible traders good luck in their travel, showed them the way out. Aslod nodded and went on his buisness.

21st Granite

Oh fuck. And we're rebuilding the wall, so locking inside is not a choice.
To arms everyone!

Titan sauropod is dead, with the cost of some marksdwarf who went fighting bare-handed, with her baby on her back. Both died.
Final blow that finished the beast belongs to Baelor the Malevolent.  His kill count now consists of - voidspawn thief, a donkey and sauropod titan. Good job!

And we discovered two caverns. Second is infested with olm men.

We've discovered third cavern. There's adamantine spire arising from cavern lake! Hooray!
We dug a bit deeper and foun magma sea, and another spire. That's great! Free plumphelmet wine for everyone!

Castle rebiulding goes on. We've finished a pepperbox where three ballistas will be set, and a curvy path around traps for caravan wagons.

Elk birds invasion from caverns caused some chaos, but no real harm were done. I ordered the stome door to be set there, so no more wild animals here.
Blade, the Drill Sergeant is on his training duty next to the gates. Unfortunatey, there are very few armor left. When we set magma industry, it has to change!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:25:12 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 29, 2013, 02:35:04 pm »

Jesus Christ, NRDL. I think Baelor is pissed off about all the times we killed him off in Deathgate I and is working to make up for it. The voidspawn AND the titan?

Now watch him die to titan spittle or something stupid like that.

EDIT: A FREAKING DINOSAUR TITAN. THAT NEEDED TO BE ADDED.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:48:11 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 29, 2013, 02:35:46 pm »

Final blow that finished the beast belongs to Baelor the Malevolent.  His kill count now consists of - voidspawn thief, a donkey and sauropod titan. Good job!
Holy dammit, Baelor seems to have possessed quite the badass!
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 29, 2013, 04:24:22 pm »

Baelor came back strong.

Damn it, i'm proud.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 29, 2013, 07:29:44 pm »

Well, we've come from Baelor dying all the time to Baelor killing dinosaurs. Good on 'im!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 30, 2013, 06:40:54 am »

7th Felsite.
Deprislava is posessed... I'm not sure if that term is appliable to someone who's already posessed by The Void refugee, but that's a fact. Maybe it's vessel's soul who tries to reclaim his own body... dunno. The oly thing I know that usally this results in a useful or useless thing made.

Speaking of vessels. One of bonecarvers stays in the middle of food stockpile and shouts for his rabbit pet.

Your pet is long dead! Who are you trying to feed?
Who Framed Rovod Rabbit? Dunno. But I know who will test our enhanced sacrifice pit if you won't shut up.

Elves arrived. I hope they brougt a lot of wood, we ran out of our suplies.

Huh...What?!

Oh fuck!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 30, 2013, 09:25:57 am »

Ah fuck, I forgot they could be those

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:13 am »

Oh fuck!
 :D

Is it possible to pit them against the elves 'by accident'?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 272