Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 786196 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #615 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:59 am »

And now, a moment of silence for all those dwarves of Murdermachines, tragically put down by two nastyass lasher demonspawn.

So, reclaiming time? :P
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 30, 2013, 09:35:23 am »

Let's see what Baelor has to say to that.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 30, 2013, 10:10:30 am »

And now, a moment of silence for all those dwarves of Murdermachines, tragically put down by two nastyass lasher demonspawn.

It's suspense time! I made a break here.

Oh fuck!
 :D

Is it possible to pit them against the elves 'by accident'?
Unfortunately too late. But if those two creatures destroy our military, next who they meet will be elves.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:35:25 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 30, 2013, 11:13:06 am »

Peregarrett, you may currently be taking the best turn Murdermachines will ever have.

You spend four hours getting the dorf list completely tidy and up to date, and then before your turn is over have two voidspawn lashers inside the walls. I will be soundly surprised if this doesn't result with either our survivors holed up deep below the surface (do voidspawn building destroy?) or a fortress reclaim.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 30, 2013, 12:23:58 pm »

The diabolic creatures ambush was finally repelled. Luckily we had to deal with only one Voidspawn - others were distracted by some butcher who fled and led them outside to the forest, where was killed. But by that time we dealt with their leader, so they left. Lucky we are!
But we lost a few dwarves. An axedwarf Ducim Regorshar who was on duty at the baracks, Voiceinthefan The Rescue Toaster who was the first to react to siren - both died. Also Puff the Stonewhisperer got severe injures. And Thikut, baby of Puff and Voices got leg broken and unlikely to survive.
This should never repeat! Miners, when the fuck you finish magma tank?!

EDIT. Oops, I was wrong. they haven't left, they just regrouped. And their leader wasn't the one who we killed - there are master swordsman among them.

((AnimaRytak, they all come naked and unarmed. Not if I objected, but is it intentional?))

They just killed Krosan III, and we all stationed inside the walls waiting for them. I ordered the bridge to be raised, but then another lasher ran in and we charged. The bastard grabbed Tekkud - that hopeless idiot who tried to feed the dead rabbit - and then some one finally pulled the lever. Bridge raised crushing the voidspawn and locking Tekkud outside.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:42:15 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 30, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »

He may have designed them not to use weapons... or not set it up correctly. Not that I'm complaining, since they beat so many dwarves to death with a damn sock.

I'm interested to see what happens to Puff... maybe he'll survive?    :D
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 30, 2013, 12:48:57 pm »

I just noticed- Krosan managed to kill the swordsman before death! Badass bastard!

And Deprislava finally made her artifact tetrahedrite mechanism. It's called The Certainty of Bravery and has image of Murdermachines foundation. So true....

Tekkud is dead. Finally no more shouting for dead rabbit i our halls.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:52:14 pm by peregarrett »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 30, 2013, 01:10:56 pm »

Yaaaaaay!

Wait, I died AGAIN?  :o

My quest to achieve the most reincarnations in Deathgate II is onto a wonderful start.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 30, 2013, 03:04:48 pm »

Throw me into the next fight so I can get a male body on my next reincarnation!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 30, 2013, 04:07:44 pm »

The voidspawn nudity issue is known to me.  However i don't believe it can be fixed on existing worlds.

It's the one thing keeping them from being overpowered.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 30, 2013, 07:35:38 pm »

I'm actually fond of the idea of the voidspawn not innately wielding weapons. They clearly have weapons skill; will they grab weapons as they score kills?

At any rate I like the idea of being able to set up pillboxes and shoot at them; Murdermachines looks like it may more or less degenerate into the most awesome tower defense game imaginable.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 30, 2013, 07:37:52 pm »

The voidspawn nudity issue is known to me.  However i don't believe it can be fixed on existing worlds.

It's the one thing keeping them from being overpowered.
Just give them whips for arms. Problem solved (?)
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 30, 2013, 07:57:38 pm »

A voidspawn's first words upon arrival:

I NEED YOUR CLOTHES, YOUR BOOTS, AND YOUR MINECART
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2013, 11:05:21 pm »

I'm actually fond of the idea of the voidspawn not innately wielding weapons. They clearly have weapons skill; will they grab weapons as they score kills?

At any rate I like the idea of being able to set up pillboxes and shoot at them; Murdermachines looks like it may more or less degenerate into the most awesome tower defense game imaginable.

Plaguebringers will ruin
Never mind.

Anyways, drones are actually suppose to fight nude, or at least without weapons.  Warriors, Patriarchs, and Overlords are suppose to wield up to four weapons in each of their arms.
They have four.
Also they should wear steel.

A voidspawn's first words upon arrival:

I NEED YOUR CLOTHES, YOUR BOOTS, AND YOUR MINECART

Except it would sound like a shrill scretch of hate and rage.  Followed by face eating.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2013, 11:14:35 pm »

Except it would sound like a shrill scretch of hate and rage.  Followed by face eating.
Sounds like the average girlfriend on her period. Wouldn't know, personally.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 272