Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787479 times)

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #705 on: April 05, 2013, 11:39:34 am »

"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."
Sigged, if you are fine with that.
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 05, 2013, 11:43:10 am »

Sigged, if you are fine with that.

Of course, and I'll feel all honoured too :D

EDIT: Looking at it, I'm inspired to create this:

Overseer Uristbergh: Hello, Weaver. What's happening? Uh…we have sort of a problem here. Yeah. You apparently are not smelting hematite.
Weaver McGibbons: Oh, yeah. I'm sorry about that. I, I forgot.
Overseer Uristbergh: Mmmm...yeah. You see, not doing any clothmaking around here. We are smelting hematite. Did you see the memo about this?
Weaver McGibbons: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I have the memo right here. I just uh...forgot. But, uh, we already have a lot of iron, so there's no problem.
Overseer Uristbergh: Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on, that will be great. And uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo. Mmmkay? Bye bye, Weaver.
Weaver McGibbons: No, I...I have the memo. I've got it. It's right...
[Uristbergh isn't listening and walks away from Weaver's smelter]

*later*

[Weaver tries to shut the smelter down to leave early to avoid Uristbergh but he's too late]
Overseer Uristbergh: Hello Weaver. What's happening? Um, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around forever, that would be great. Mmmkay?
 [he starts to walk away]
Overseer Uristbergh: Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. Uh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in when you are on break too. Okay? We, uh, lost some dwarves to an !!unfortunate accident!! and uh, we need to sorta catch up. Thanks.

COMING SOON! DWARF SPACE!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:54:00 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 05, 2013, 04:47:12 pm »

Any word on a danger room?
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 06, 2013, 04:41:28 am »

Slate 1, 225
Well it seems there are quite a few unclaimed vessels, so here it comes:
Dorfing time!
Here they are:

Spoiler: Krosan IV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prosnorkulus III (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aoshi II, Rocker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oryx, The Mad God (click to show/hide)

Slate 3, 225

YES!!! MORE FAT VESSELS, HERE I COME!!!

Spoiler: Maxwell Edison II (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thorkild Jarnox (click to show/hide)

Slate 8, 225

We have MAGNETITE! Who needs hematite? Only those who really like to grind in worthless stone in order to find iron ore.
Ah, just as I was screening it I noticed that we have a giant bat invader in our fortress! Time to bring the military.
(Un)Forunately, two seconds of unpausing were enough to see a giant bat carcass lying in the stairwell and no dwarf was injured.

Slate 9, 225
Seems we have no SIEGE WORKSHOP! I've ordered the construction of two of those so I can place some ballistae behind the entrance.

Slate 16, 225
WTF has happened to Vendix ?!?!?!

No, don't tell me she was starving for two months on this little granite slope! I hope the peasants will construct that floor before she dies.

Felsite 6, 225
Guess I'll end my second session here.
From Slate 1 till now, the rock walls are almost finished.
The Mayor's quarters are done.
I've changed the squads' schedules and they should be much more active.
Added a hammerdorf squad.
I've placed cabinets in cluttered bedrooms.
Expanded existing finished goods and booze stockpiles, added furniture stockpile.
Vendix is now "Missing" in the unit list. I assume she starved to death.
I've started the first step towards ballistae: siege workshops. The workshops are done, now to the next step: Ballista parts.
Migrants have arrived. Almost everyone has been dorfed. I've made sure to vandalise update the dorflist accordingly.
We have a dogsplosion.
Any word on a danger room?
Screw danger rooms.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 06, 2013, 10:25:57 am »

I'm sure someone will eventually manufacture a danger room. Until then, we'll continue to enjoy massive casualties.

I submit that we should totally wait until we have like a hundred untrained stray dogs set up, plus a breeding stock, and dump the dogs in with captured voidspawn that we plan to send against the clowns. Gotta stock those bugs up with thralls, make sure we have a nice army of the freaks before we open the circus...
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2013, 11:10:44 am »

Sounds like a plan.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2013, 12:43:38 pm »

But what do we do with our thrall army after the clowns are dead? If they convert the demons, we'd end up with another, worse problem than before - and I have absolutely no faith in the possibility of a scenario where the voidspawn fight the demons mano-a-mano and lose after inflicting enough casualties for our untrained immigrant militia to finish them off (i.e. the ideal scenario)
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2013, 01:06:15 pm »

But what do we do with our thrall army after the clowns are dead? If they convert the demons, we'd end up with another, worse problem than before - and I have absolutely no faith in the possibility of a scenario where the voidspawn fight the demons mano-a-mano and lose after inflicting enough casualties for our untrained immigrant militia to finish them off (i.e. the ideal scenario)

Remember the name - Murdermachines! It speaks for itself.

Or, we can scream and run. That's always a choice.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:08:11 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 06, 2013, 02:33:25 pm »

But what do we do with our thrall army after the clowns are dead? If they convert the demons, we'd end up with another, worse problem than before [ ... ]

Bah! It's like bringing bull frogs to a place to kill the bunnies, no worries, like, at all!

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the Dorfing! I'll enjoy leading my squadmates to doomvictory!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #715 on: April 06, 2013, 04:36:44 pm »

Simple. If the Voidspawn win, they're vulnerable to magma, right?
Somehow, I don't think that will work the way you intend.

Y'know, just a hunch...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 06, 2013, 05:37:25 pm »

Y'know, just a hunch...

No, it's simple. We set up a magma cistern connected to the Arena, then, in the event the Voidspawn win, we dump magma all over them. They should melt.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 06, 2013, 08:10:41 pm »

Y'know, just a hunch...

No, it's simple. We set up a magma cistern connected to the Arena, then, in the event the Voidspawn win, we dump magma all over them. They should melt.

Operative word being "should". This whole thing has "grey goo disaster" written all over it.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #718 on: April 06, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »

I think we should make a different plan. Like incinerating them... oh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 06, 2013, 08:23:27 pm »

Y'know, just a hunch...

Operative word being "should". This whole thing has "grey goo disaster" written all over it.

I don't know what this grey goo disaster you speak of is. In any case, magma tends to be a pretty solid failsafe, except with demons. I don't hear any better ideas either...

I think we should make a different plan. Like incinerating them... oh.

With MAGMA! This guy has the right idea!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 272