Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777722 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #780 on: April 14, 2013, 04:09:42 pm »

The caged one was a thrall though, wasn't it? Time for some !!applied science!!

Do thrall bites transfer the syndrome?

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 14, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »

Maybe drop some cats so the invaders spread around chasing them, then release the kraken voidspawn.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 14, 2013, 07:21:33 pm »

The caged one was a thrall though, wasn't it? Time for some !!applied science!!

Do thrall bites transfer the syndrome?

They do not.  They do spread a lesser taint, one that causes illness and blisters.  However they cannot make more thralls.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:48 am »

I've sent the miner pair to open the fortress from the voidspawn arena access.
They are currently walking towards the arena.

This might take a month as Deprislava is very slow at linking the clash bridge to a lever.

Opal 23, 255
I've renamed Deprislava's profession to "Time Waster". The reasoning behind is obvious to all.
Look, she is still linking the lever to the clash bridge!

Opal 26, 255
Finally, the lever is linked to the bridge. I've sent the miner team to open the voidspawn arena access (preferably shortened to VAA), and some jobless mechanic to pull the clash lever.

Opal 28, 255

And yet another moody vessel.

Obsidian 2, 255
That is one of the really rare occassions when I enjoy FPS spikes.
The goblins, so many pathing goblins! The first step of my plan, ELF (Extremely Long Flow), is working!
An ELF of goblins, followed by jabberers, is now making its way towards the VAA and now towards the arena.

Obsidian 3, 255

Mason's? Thank you, useless farmer. The only person actually doing the rock cutting here is my Aslod, who is only adequate in masonry. Masonry is not his job! If you ask me, that is carpentry. He should make things out of wood and then try to sell them to the elves! Not work in stone like some weirdo.

Wow, that was a really quick and so non-Murdermachines-esque move. Here we tend to have very long jobs and moods, but the end result is nearly always so masterful that it becomes dizzying at first glance. Take Avalatol, the bronze weapon rack, for example.

You, you just hauled a nearby granite to the workshop and that's it. Ah well, I can already visualize a statue made that way.

Obsidian 5, 255
Finally we started working on our plan (ELF).
We've got lots of goblins and jabberers to the arena. There are only 4 goblins on the cage traps remaining for the military to deal with.
All goblin cages are forbidden, except the squadleader's. I hope we will get a dwarf to haul that cage.

Oh no! This is sad news. Saint was one of the most reliable military dwarves. All mourn the Templar of Armok, now.
There's only one bright side: Less rum will be drunk for the next season until Saint finds a new body.
But at least, those 4 goblins have finally been killed.
Now I just hope that the caged will be hauled inside.

Obsidian 7, 255
Our dwarves have failed to haul any cage back in. Now quick! Close the bridge before the jabberers come in!

A floodgate! Too bad it's made of granite. If it were made out of a more interesting material, for example nether-cap or adamantine, I'd use it in order to prevent the magma pumping system from getting out of control.

What a legend is Udil Urvadidok. Look at that masterpiece he has made with the help of naught but the tools the Mason's provides.
2400☼? Even raw adamantine can't beat that. Wow. And it's spiiiky! I love spiky things.

Obsidian 11, 255
We've pulled the lever again. Now all jabberers went to the caves. There was one squad of goblins and a few pikemen in front of our gate. I hope we can deal with that.

Obsidian 14, 255
We went to battle readily. Baelor battled them like a hero. The military went too far. Far enough to die to a squad of war jabberers and the General's squad. That masochism cost us mostly unclaimed military vessels, and Derm II, Scribbles and worst of all, Baelor. With seven kills and a title, rest in peace. You will be missed Baelor.

But, the surprise. What is going on here? Where are you going goblins?

Obsidian 15, 255

Drawn away from our blood-soaked, corpse-cluttered trapway, I could see a goblin squad, and the jabberer squad running south of Murdermachines into the wilderness. Dortimus bled one last time before going back home. A significant number of dwarves, especially military, are unhappy.
The cowardly goblins have finally given up, after three months of useless tries to bring doom upon Deathgate II.

I'll try my best to add some finishing touches to my turn before it's Spring.
That should start with walling the VAA, and coffins. There are a lot of unburied dwarf corpses.

Obsidian 19, 255

The kobolds are attacking! Seven kobolds. Six spearbolds and one swordsbold. Bring what is now the military! Hopefully we can deal with those trap-avoiding thieves.

Oh no! Four kobolds cornered Puff. There was no one else nearby. Hopefully more soldiers will come help him.
More soldiers have come.

Obsidian 20, 255
Turned out that two kobolds have died. Great, only five kobolds left to kill.
Civilians are fleeing, more military are coming. Another kobold has been killed by Grau. Puff is still alive, fortunately. He decided to change profession to hammerdwarf in place of markdwarf. Puff, the Goblin and Voidspawn Basher and Stonewhisperer.

We turned out to be victorious. Part of the military chased away the remaining kobolds. Meanwhile, a kobold thief was spotted.
Another thief! The skulking filth doesn't deserve to live after the next season change.
A third thief!

Oh no! We've detected four kobold bowmen to the west of the gate! Blade, why are you still chasing the hopeless, cowardly kobold spearman? Time to kill some ranged opponents.

Obsidian 22, 255

Guess we're done with our military needs for now. At least until Spring. The two thieves, the last time I checked, are running north into the wilderness. All they managed to get is one pig tail fiber dress.
The recent kobold invasion hasn't cost us many injuries. But the hospital will be full for sure.

Obsidian 23, 255
Well, thinking of the hospital, that's how it looks:

Just out of curiosity. Far less dwarves in there than I thought there would be.

Obsidian 27, 255
A wall has been placed in the VAA and now it's blocked. That means, if anyone wants to deal with an invasion using the method "ELF" they should send one of our miners (The best miners are Jables, Ulborb and Udil Urvadidok.) to open the VAA.

Obsidian 28, 255

Another wereape! And that one's first name is Alu, just like the one that attacked back in Granite 252.
It went to attack a thresher that happened to be collecting some body parts of a dead soldier.
That poor, hopeless dwarf was killed.

Granite 1, 256
The wereape went to attack a dog that was the pet of the dead thresher. Nothing new as of now.

~--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--~

For the next overseer, sorry that I have left you with all that mess, and a wereape to deal with immediately on unpause.
I haven't posted the statistics of the fortress as of yet.
I'll make sure I have a post ready with the fortress statistics, important areas, notes and to-do list for my successor. And last but not least, the save.
I'll make sure that post is ready by tomorrow at most.

Also Anima, you may want to edit the OP to also include the 8th part of my journal (in the previous page, describing the start of the goblin siege), as well as this part. Just saying, since I've noticed that the 8th part is missing.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:01 am »

Woop, Puff survives! As a hammerdwarf now, no less.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 15, 2013, 10:37:42 am »

How am I still alive, I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just surprised. Is my Dorf a coward? If he is, I expect a firing squad.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 15, 2013, 10:47:12 am »

Another wereape? Same name? Same appereance? (kinda makes sense)
How many are there?!
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 15, 2013, 10:54:52 am »

How many are there?!
Thanks for the laugh Yuli. I compared my wereape with the one from Saint's turn. There have EXACTLY the same description. With the sole exception of their last name. Both's eyes glow mahogany. Both have Alu as their first name. Both have sandy taupe hair that is long and shaggy.
:D
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:54 am »

How many are there?!
Thanks for the laugh Yuli. I compared my wereape with the one from Saint's turn. There have EXACTLY the same description. With the sole exception of their last name. Both's eyes glow mahogany. Both have Alu as their first name. Both have sandy taupe hair that is long and shaggy.

Has anyone ever played Fallout 2?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 15, 2013, 12:07:41 pm »

Granite 1, 256
As promised, here are the statistics I've gathered as of now. (Granite 1, 256)

General Fortress Statistics

As you can see, our population has been decimated by the previous sieges. Most of the deaths were of military vessels.

Full Citizen List

Important Locations

The Overworld

The Arena

Quarters and Tombs

Workshop Level

Farms

Depot and some Stockpiles

To-Do List for my Successor

Immediate

~ Deal in some way with the wereape Alu Thimiquileli.

High Priority

~ Expand the Crypt by adding more coffins.
 ~ Enlarge block stockpile.
 ~ Replace the bloody microcline weapon rack that currently serves as the barracks with the artifact bronze weapon rack Avalatol, Lovedtruths, and have the military train there.

Not Urgent but Do Anyway

~ Add finishing touches to the arena i.e. magma moat.
 ~ Finish my secret project. It's half done currently. I'll send you a PM once you post your first update.
 ~ Improve existing ballista battery, traps and shooting ranges.
 ~ Craft metal bolts. Our marksdwarves have run out of those long ago.
 ~ Tomb for Baelor. The badass deserves it, doesn't he?

Save

Here's it:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7578

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 15, 2013, 01:04:53 pm »

How many are there?!

Has anyone ever played Fallout 2?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh god, the Supermutants are coming!

At least they don't have miniguns.  Yet.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »

D: Dappercat! The voidspawn killed him in the late summer of 255.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 15, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »

What does it say about our fortress, when two top priorities are "Kill the wereape (which I'm sure we already killed once)" and "expand the crypt"...
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 15, 2013, 05:00:48 pm »

What does it say about our fortress, when two top priorities are "Kill the wereape (which I'm sure we already killed once)" and "expand the crypt"...

That we're playing Dwarf Fortress?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 15, 2013, 07:23:46 pm »

DIBS ON A MALE DWARF! AND NONE OF YOU BEARDLESS COWARDLINGS STEAL MY RUM ROOM!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 272