Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777715 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Wrath of the Voidgod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1020 on: May 23, 2013, 03:46:34 pm »

Murdermachine's Reclaim, Chapter 1: The Void God Returns
Journal of Goden Dorenthangath, Expedition Leader
Timbershards, one of out outposts to the west, went silent last year.  The King has ordered a detachment of seven dwarves, those seven being ourselves, to investigate the fortress.  Rumors say the fortress was overrun by a kobold attack, however the king seems unwilling to believe such hearsay.  If the fortress is too dangerous to retake, we are to return to the mountain home.  Otherwise we are to bunker down and wait for reinforcements.  However, while the king will not admit it publicly, he knows the truth.

Timbershards was a nightmare.  A place that other dwarves spoke of in whispers.  They say the leader of the fortress, one who called himself AnimaRytak, was a demon in dwarven form.  Virtually everyone who settled there had changed.  Whispered tales returned to the mountain home; tales that said none that inhabitated Timbershard called it such.  To them, the name was Usanstakud Nazushmestthos.

Murdermachines, the Blood-Citadel.

When word of the fortress's fall reached us, some were overjoyed by the news.

I myself am but a mere farmer; I'm here in the event that the fortress is salvageable.  Along with me are Morul Eshtanudesh, a doctor, and five well trained, well equipped soldiers.  I pray their axes keep us safe...

Several Months Later...
It was less than an hour after sunrise when the seven dwarves crept along the bottom of the hill towards the entrance of the fortress.  The group remained silent as the crept closer.  They had spotted goblins and kobolds from afar but had been unable to guess their numbers.  They had snuck closer to get a better look, perhaps an unwise decision.

As the expedition leader poked his head up to count the enemies, he noticed both the goblins and the kobolds were staring up into the sky.  Goden followed their gaze and spotted a black mass of fire streaking across the sky. 

"What is that?"  Datan asked.

"Lass, that be a black meteor.  No good will follow it.  We should leave now Goden." Lolor said in a whisper.

"I...I agree."  The expedition leader stuttered out.

As the seven could turn tail and leave, the meteor instantly reversed direction and began falling towards the dwarves current location.

"Oh hell, it's coming towards us!"  Lolor exclaimed as he took off as quick as his stout legs could carry him.

"Scatter!" Goden shouted and he followed Lolor.  However their attempt to run was fruitless.  The black mass moved at a speed that nothing in existence could surpass.  Within seconds, it slammed into the ground in the center of the dwarves.  Six were thrown clear, but one was consumed by the black flame.  The air filled with a blood-curdling scream that quickly died into a choked whisper.

Lolor was the first to rise to his feet.  Coughing and sputtering, "Are ye alright?!"  he shouted into the dust-strewn air.

Where the soldier once stood, a scorched crater remained.  Standing within the crater was something that made Goden's blood run cold.

It had the form of a dwarf.  But it's bronze skin was now the color of ash.  Where it's beard should be, a mass of black, flame-licked tendrils hung.  Floating above its head was a halo of white-hot iron.  The once fine dwarven armor had been scorched black.  And now a foul, tainted miasma poured from the armor's joints.  The figure slowly turned it's head and stared at Goden.  As the dwarf stared into the two glowing eyes of molten magma, he gave up any hope of seeing the mountain home again.

"I return once more."  A voice like a thousand hungering thralls filled the air.

"Armok help us..." Goden whimpered.

(OOC: Oh god instant ambush chain.  Even with the Voidgod, this will probably be a clusterfuck of massive proportions.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:33:33 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 23, 2013, 04:04:29 pm »

So... beautiful...

So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest clusterfuck my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 23, 2013, 04:26:05 pm »

(OOC: Oh god instant ambush chain.  Even with the Voidgod, this will probably be a clusterfuck of massive proportions.)
Ha ha! Kick ass!

...or get your ass kicked. Either one is funny!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 23, 2013, 06:23:47 pm »

When in doubt, call in Dwarvish Raiden - I trust you have a straw hat, Anima?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 23, 2013, 06:32:34 pm »

Murdermachine's Reclaim, Chapter 2: The Void God's Rage
The moment Goden muttered his prayer to Armok, the horde of goblins descended upon them.  Moments later, the voidspawn followed.

Morul, the doctor, was felled in seconds by a voidspawn thrall.  His skull was smashed in by the monster's fist and his brain scattered about.

"All of you, back to back." The Void God barked a command in his unearthly voice.

While the other five followed orders, Goden stared in awe as the void god stepped forward and proceeded to unleash a fury that the dwarf had never before seen.

His axe hewed limbs.  His hands shattered bones.  His kicks sent enemies flying. While the rest of the dwarves fought with all their might just to hold onto their lives, AnimaRytak toyed with his enemies.

The void god spotted a minotaur, Radavi Esalalece Iramirede, fighting with a goblin spearman while another swordsman watched.

In a single blow, the void god slayed the minotaur.

The shocked goblin spearman lasts mere seconds before the furious onslaught.  Without pause, the avatar of the void turns and rockets off towards more prey.  A thrall gets in his way for a brief moment.

It could not be called a battle.  A battle assumes the other side fought back.  Instead, goblin, voidspawn, and kobold were simply cut down by the enraged Void God.  There is intense cruelty in the void god's axe.  One goblin lasher finds this out painfully.

Every limb is sliced from the goblin's body.  But the void god does not finish him.  His wailing form is left in the dirt and leaves to bleed out.  He takes after the goblin that has slain the Ambassador, a lasher of great skill.

The skill means nothing before the power of a god.

By the end of the fighting, the void god had slain sixteen warriors.  Not a single scratch had been placed upon him.

As the dwarves approached the blood-soaked monster that had once been their brother dwarf, it spoke to them, "Make your way to the bottom of the beacon.  I have need of you."

"Should we do it?"  Goden asked Lolor.  "I think we should run."

"Lad, did you see that that thing did?  N..nothing we do is going to stop whatever it has planned."  Fear laced Lolor's words, but Goden heeded his advice.

And so the dwarves descended into Timbershards, or as the locals called it, Murdermachines.

(OOC: Morul is dead.  The other dwarves stayed together and fought off individual enemies while the Void God utterly tore the world a new asshole.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:41:46 pm by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 23, 2013, 07:43:05 pm »

By Terry...what the hell did you do to your stats to become a Void God?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 23, 2013, 08:20:47 pm »

He did nothing, that is all Terry's Blessing. We may all have it too, but only if we submit to Terry. All you have to do is enter the danger room torture chamber Citadel Of Insanity and give yourself completely to Terry. Some may take longer then others, and some will could die, but that is a small price to pay, no?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 23, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »

...the Ambassador got killed by a kobold?!
*cracks up laughing*
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 23, 2013, 09:32:35 pm »

*cracks up laughing*

Goblin lasher actually.  Either was I was quite sad that a dwarf didn't kill him.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 23, 2013, 09:45:00 pm »

*cracks up laughing*

Goblin lasher actually.  Either was I was quite sad that a dwarf didn't kill him.

Ah, misread.  Still....
*shakes head*

Also, guess I'll have to wait for migrants to dorf The Mad Fool.  Ah well.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 23, 2013, 10:27:06 pm »

Next migrant, I dibs one for Cor'Daz!
Terry, I may have need of you soon, my brother... ~R

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 24, 2013, 05:24:16 am »

Christ almighty...how much did those stats cost?  :o Did you even give the others anything higher than Novice skills?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 24, 2013, 06:10:00 am »

Christ almighty...how much did those stats cost?  :o Did you even give the others anything higher than Novice skills?

Nope

Really, I'm surprised they even survived.  Novice Axedwarves all.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 24, 2013, 06:10:18 am »

Wait - a limbless, bleeding goblin? Can we keep him?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 24, 2013, 06:12:28 am »

Wait - a limbless, bleeding goblin? Can we keep him?

I'm honestly not sure if he's alive.  There's a good chance the Void God killed him before going after the Ambassador's killer.

Did I mention his stomach had been cut open before VG left?  Cause yeah, that goblin was in tremendous pain.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 272