Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 786430 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1260 on: June 21, 2013, 03:05:29 pm »

Summer update! Action! Blood! Rotting corpses!
------------------------------------------------------
Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical
10th Hematite 206
Our ranks swell, as Derm has given birth to a boy. Also, Axe-crazy is tantruming. He punched Rmm severeal times, tearing his middle spine. I fear Rmm may never properly recover. He is being carried into chamber of horrors hospital. Also, Samwise returns, this time possessing Mad Fools son.

Not a day later, Rmm succumbed to his wounds. Axe-crazy shall be punished.
15th Hematite 206
In the light of recent events, I'm establishing a jail not far from Raptor's office. Further notable events: Oryx has reached axelord status. Rmm's corpse is still lying in the temple, unburied. I'm including a sketch of the scene, which I hope will serve as a stimulus to expedite his burial.

Also, Minkerrow has returned to take his place at our side.

What? No iron bars? How is that possible! To the smelters!
22nd Hematite 206
Voicesinthefan gave birth today. I wonder, what we will do with such an abundance of babies.
What do you mean we have NO ore? Miners!
26th Hematite 206
Crisis averted, lode of magnetite struck by miners. Excavation in progress. Also, while reviewing our stocks, I noticed that large amount of quality armor is marked as forbidden. I have rectified that.
11th Malachite 206
We have midsummer migrants. Also, our fresh mayor banned export of bucklers. Whatever.
25th Malachite 206
Today, Urist McDeath and I had a minor injury in our danger room. I wonder, what genius put that sharp spear in there. I'm just mildly bruised, but Urist has a cut on his leg. He opted to visit Mad Fool for healing, but I know better. Also, Raptor's son (whom's father is NCommander) has sustained a fracturd leg, but he'll manage.
(OOC: seriously, there is exactly ONE sharp wooden spear and every time some baby buys it. Nobody died just yet. I mean, not on my turn.)
Also, one of the new migrants got snatched by some butcher.

5th Galena 206
An unclaimed vessel has been once again possessed by an outside agent. I dearly hope something useful comes out this time. But as this is a clothier, I seriously doubt it. Mining operations go smoothly. Void God has even acquired a steel mail and shield. I started the smelting process down at the forges. Also, my body has given birth once again, this time it's son.
16th Galena 206
Human caravan! Most excelent. On a more sober note, voidspawn siege arrived a moment later. Lockdown! Sixteen voidspawn, mostly swordsmen and swordmasters, acompanied by one hammer lord. I'm told one of the swordsmasters is an overlord. I do not think this bodes well for us. Nonetheless, we mass topside, gates closed while we position. Engineers rush to their posts, aiming their deadly payload. Somehow, Peregarrete has been caught outside, and now fights a voidspawn drone. Unfortunately, that was too much to handle for Peregarrete.
23rd Galena 206
Voidspawn are at our gates. Ballista fire has hit them, but not before they caught up with atomic avocado.

Some have been caught in the cage traps, but nowhere near enough. My strategic decision is to stall for a while, to give engineers chance to reload our great machines of war.
26th Galena 206
Voidspawn now fight the human caravan. Engineers have returned with ammunition and are ready to fire. More of those foolish voidspawn fell to our cage traps. I'm ready to give the 'open gates' command.
It's now or never. Open the gates! Glory! Battle!
The overlord charged in first, dodging all ballista bolts while our cowardly engineers run. Void God has crushed his spine and everyone piled up on the now paralyzed overlord, devastating his body.
Rest of the voidspawn has arrived. Everything turns into one chaotic meleé. I saw no less than three more voidspawn go down in the first moments.
4 th Limestone 206
I belive the strength of our besiegers is broken. They keep fighting, but no longer as a whole. We may live through this after all. Those who can retreat at their top speed, but some can't. Our mighty warriors wage terrible venegance on those who are left behind. Many have been hurt and I do not know how long they will live, but only Peregarrete and AtomicAvocado have perished.
OOC part: this season has been pretty tame, but got a lot more exciting towards the end. Enormous loads of quality armour was forbidden, so I rectified that. Ballistas worked (mosly bruising guts and breaking bones, voidspawn now have steel mail shirts). Didn't kill too much people. Pretty succesful season. Rmm's corpse is still there. Not enough coffins. Nobody makes them. Too much corpses.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:07:45 pm by SanDiego »
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 21, 2013, 07:28:44 pm »

Glorious!

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 22, 2013, 01:17:52 am »

So somehow after I killed the kobold I stopped receiving Emails whenever there was a reply. Anyways, can I see my dwarfs status?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 22, 2013, 07:12:43 am »

did I get any kills? could you post my logs?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 22, 2013, 07:25:48 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 22, 2013, 07:31:45 am »

Unless you are the nameless dwarf with proffesion axe-crazy, then you lie in a nice coffin.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 22, 2013, 10:05:55 pm »

So, does that mean everyone who fought died, or does that just apply to him? If I killed anything of note, I'd like to know, too.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 23, 2013, 05:01:20 am »

No, the only notable people who died (yet, we have a lot of wounded) are AtomicAvocado and Peregarrete, who were stranded outside when I shut gates. The issue with NRDL is, that in old murdermachines he had Baelor the axe-crazy. Now, I have nameless dwarf with axe-crazy proffesion. I also have a coffin that holds NRDL. Also, I seem to have two Saints - one in name and the other in proffesion.
I'll post the logs later today.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 23, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »

So somehow after I killed the kobold I stopped receiving Emails whenever there was a reply. Anyways, can I see my dwarfs status?
Strange. You are not amongst the living nor are you listed amongs the dead. I shall dorf you at next opporturnity.
Ande here cometh interesting and requested logs:
First, the Void God. It's really scary sometimes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now, Urist McDwarf
And finally, Raptor
Many more had participiated, but their logs are now lost in the depths of time.

Edit: sorry 'bout the double post.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 24, 2013, 02:32:14 am »

Hmm...if it's alright, could I be re-dorfed?  As Baelor the Healer, a doctor, please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 24, 2013, 02:33:36 am »

Hmm...if it's alright, could I be re-dorfed?  As Baelor the Healer, a doctor, please.
Baelor? SAVING people? Pffffffffffffft. He will fuck the enemy up with yarn and a traction bench.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 24, 2013, 03:22:34 am »

Baelor? SAVING people? Pffffffffffffft. He will fuck the enemy up with yarn and a traction bench.
"I SHALL SAVE YOU FROM HEART ATTACK!" *tears the heart out of patient's chest through the ribs*

Also, redorf me back... unless my dorf survived the siege, even in a form of voidspawn tramsform.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 24, 2013, 09:29:29 am »

Good news - everyone on Dorfinator has been succesfully dorfed. Sometimes... compromises had to be made, but everyone is there! Will attempt to update later today.
----------------------UPDATE---------------------------
Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical
8th Limestone 206
Our wounded were transported to the hospital. Tryrar, Microblighted, Dortimus, Mortis, Brokenmind, Baltharaaz, and Scaliper now lie in hospital. Urist McDead and Axe-crazy still lie wounded up top. Void God, as always, refused treatment. We lack buckets, so I immediately ordered some more to be constructed. Also, people are coming back.

Peregarrette claims, she has to go bash skulls in the name of Quarry Bush, but we have short supply of trained weaponsmiths as it is, so for now - OFF TO THE FORGES, WOMAN!

Baelor claims to be expert healer, but it sure doesn't show. Well, we have a distinct shortage of medical personell as well, so he might jump right in. (OOC: Because no 'proper' doctor was availiable, I grabbed a Soap Maker and made him doctor. Also, I found it hilarious that our wounded would be tended to by Mad Fool and unskilled Baelor)
Right now, I have some time to make a few sketches of the fort. First sketch: Topside. Please note the piles of body parts and pools of blood and other liquids.

Sketch two: crafting area. Please note all those workshops nobody works in and a clothier that is scheduled to go berserk any time now.

Sketch three: Forges. While abundant work area is availiable for everyone, not many people seem to be working.

14th Limestone 206
Dortimus walked out of hospital today, followed by Brokenmind. I now have hope for others  as well. Also, I have been informed that a ghost is howling around somewhere. Great, another ghost!
20th Limestone 206
Aforementioned Clothier has finally gone stark raving mad. Also, new migrants are here. Poor fools. Also, new souls arrive from the void.

(yes, he is medical dwarf, he just had master soap maker to the boot)

Also, our meat stocks fall to historical minimum. That means, we are out of meat. Ordered some of our plethora animals to be butchered.
We now have sufficient iron bars to start producing steel. Soon, our glorious armies will wipe the voidspawn clean of this land.
11th Sandstone 206
All wounded have been discharged from the hospital, except Scaliper. But Scaliper has been there for quite some time, so he will have to deal with it.
27th Sandstone 206
Scaliper has finally made it out of the hospital. Though he has to carry a crutch, he walks around with no problems.
4th Timber 206
Some unclaimed vessels have given birth. Also, I have begun next phase of living quarters expansion. And I ran out of coffins, again. As a side note, another vessel has been possessed by external agents.
14th Timber 206
A caravan from mountainhomes is here. I sincerely hope, that nothing goes shitty this time. Insane clothier died of thirst. Litlbear is nowhere near the depot. Caravan is arriving. They seem a little unsettled by our collection of caged voidspawn.

All I want for christmas is one uninterrupted trading session...
Military has been called to stand between traders and the outside. No monstrosity will take this trading session from me!
The beast draws closer and closer. It's blood will run free for interrupting me!
Caravan brought no seeds and drinks as I had hoped. But I have trated some of our gold for a cache of wood and some armour and medical supplies.
Titan arrived shortly thereafter, shooting thick webs all around us. It bit Balthraaz's head apart with it's monstrous jaws. We put bolt after bolt into the beast. There are many sticking out, but it still shoots it's sticky webbing. Finally, one of my bolts hits the beast in it's brain, killing it.
Void God has been severely wounded, sustaining fractured skull. He now seeks medical attention.
While we were doing battle, the possessed mason finished his work.

Can't say if I'm impressed or not.
25th Timber 206
Thief! The dastardly kobolds were found by our hunter. One made a run for it, the other one found out what's it like to be shot full of bolts by amateur hunter.
Where are my damn coffins?
OOC part: So, there I was, thinking I have a nice, calm autumn when that Titan arrived. It seems, that each caravan brings progressively worse disaster along with them. Elves brought voidspawn ambush, humans brought voidspawn siege and dwarves brought a god damned titan. Just a warning to whomever takes over - be ready when the elves come.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:33:14 am by SanDiego »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 24, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

The void god needs armor, clearly. Losing our primary defense is a BAD THING.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 24, 2013, 03:05:06 pm »

The void god needs armor, clearly. Losing our primary defense is a BAD THING.
No worry, Baelor should make a really good surgeon. >:D
The Void God's skull should be re-assembled before the trees become green San Diego will be ready to give up on his reign.

Also, I want another turn, right at the end of the list would do.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 272