Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777621 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2281 on: February 18, 2014, 03:35:51 pm »

Will post the save when I get home. It's not actually running at poor FPS, guys; the problem is just that attempting to organize everything is so intimidating that I'm almost immediately struck by a paralysis not unlike gecko sauce disorder.

Also, you do know that DF's speed is entirely dependent on how much power a single core can throw at it, right? Since DF is not multithreaded, it can only run on one processor core so a lot of the benefit of multi-core arrangements is lost. (Not entirely, mind; having at least a dual-core allows you to assign one entire core to DF, since you can offload all the processing for other mandatory functions like the OS to the other cores.)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: February 18, 2014, 09:30:04 pm »

Also, you do know that DF's speed is entirely dependent on how much power a single core can throw at it, right? Since DF is not multithreaded, it can only run on one processor core so a lot of the benefit of multi-core arrangements is lost. (Not entirely, mind; having at least a dual-core allows you to assign one entire core to DF, since you can offload all the processing for other mandatory functions like the OS to the other cores.)

There are many cores there. One can handle DF and the others can be moral support.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: February 18, 2014, 10:11:54 pm »

Will post the save when I get home. It's not actually running at poor FPS, guys; the problem is just that attempting to organize everything is so intimidating that I'm almost immediately struck by a paralysis not unlike gecko sauce disorder.

Valid point, however the single core performance of these processors is about the best one can find without spending the blood of your firstborn.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: February 19, 2014, 08:20:59 am »

Having trouble uploading the save, still working on it
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: February 19, 2014, 10:36:41 pm »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:27 pm »

Current save is here.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8434

O.o

I never quite realised just HOW fucked up this place is.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: February 19, 2014, 11:33:03 pm »

Current save is here.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8434

O.o

I never quite realised just HOW fucked up this place is.

so i general same old same old? also welcome back anima!

hopefully the void-god will be please with out madness and chaos....and if he manages to get the fort ready for another round of fun i approve of it immensly! (as long as i get to train the dragons...and the dragons are able to be breed, trained, and domesticated...a good long term goal, plus no need for grazing...and the dragon bones, leather, and meat will keep us feed for weeks, maybe even a year!)

also any way short of massive amounts of cage traps to get rid of the goblins, trolls, and other unwanted beings in the fort?

also suggesting we go to caverns, bnecause lets face it the upper levels of the fort is hell to mess with, i suggest we wall off most of the underground caverns, and have our quarters a level above them...the great hall (new one) could be a level above that and all our industry and stockpiles will be around the level of magma. plenty of railcarts, wheelbarrows to go around. plus i suggest we breach into the main fort later on when we have meatsheilds and steal everything that isnt nailed down...and come back with oversized axes and take others as well...includeding the nails!

and if we have a chance, reclaim the surface and drag everyiong up there into a garbage pile of 1 tile and then reclaim anything remotely useful. such as clothes, furniture, armour, weapons, bodies to eat, ect. ect.

i relish in the gloy (aka:pits of hell that even demons fear....i hear they created a religion that demotes us as the monsters above that seek to invade hell!!!) wishing i could see the scene....fuck job corps...and fuck no dwarf fortress...great now im depressed...have to find a way to watch a puppy dfie or a paindeer slowly bleed to death somehow...

finally i wish the VG a good lucks worth on reclaiming the fort. hopfully we get more amusing stories out of this before deathgate 3 comes out. and when we do, an epic send off for murdermachines....maybe a bomb or somthing?...

NOODLE GET THE PLANS!!! WE NEED A IMPOSSIBLY LARGE BATTERY TAKING ABOUT 10 LEVELS TO OVER-POWER SOMTHING SO WE CAN TURN THE EXCESS ENERGY INTO A BOMB TO DESTROY EVERYTHING QUICKLY!!!!

every other overseer! we need LOTS of supplies...iron at worst for the compoments!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: February 19, 2014, 11:53:21 pm »

Chaos are you MAD? The caverns were responsible for each of the multiple falls the fortress has taken, between AMBASSADOR eating our entire population and EGGUANA providing a taste sensation to die for.

Sealing them off and never ever ever ever for the love of the dark gods ever opening them again would probably be a better bet. Rather take my chances with the voidspawn.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2289 on: February 21, 2014, 12:33:15 am »

The following was found scrawled on a stone outside the gates of Usanstakud Nazushmestthos.
We are the Death-Hammers' of Wrath. 
The last survivors of the once great civilization, the Basement of Murder.

Our home was Deathgate.

We are the dwarves who kicked in the gates of hell and conquered it for ourselves.  We built a fortress deep below the earth that housed a warmachine of steel and dwarven hate.  Built on the bones of goblins and demons, none could vanquish us.  Except Terry; a god of madness and chaos born from our own rage.  In the end, he was our undoing.  Our brethren were taken from us, locked inside the realm of madness and chaos.

And we?  We were forsaken by the Stonemaker and left to the endless void with Him.

Our reprieve from the void was Murdermachines.  A place in which we could call home.  A way to escape the hungering void and return to flesh and blood bodies.
But this was no sanctuary; we have lost much for this place.

Only the avatar of the Voidgod, a warrior of glad in burning steel and adorn with a halo of molten iron, allowed us to return.
But still we do not thrive.  We cling, we suffer, and we bleed for this burnt, blood soaked land.

And we fucking love every minute here.
This is the dwarven paradise.
This is Murdermachines.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:11:54 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: February 21, 2014, 01:16:58 am »

Is this ale, vomit, blood, or just tears soaking my beard?

Note, upon checking the save, I find myself somewhat befuddled by the military structure. Or, rather, the lack there of. Perhaps one wishes to harness the madness of the void's heir with skillful use of disorganization?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:36:17 am by Shaggard »

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: February 21, 2014, 02:47:49 am »

You forgot "E, all of the above," which was the correct answer.  Also, Anima, I presume we're going to keep clinging desperately to Murdermachines, clawing and scratching for every single square our Dorfs manage to eke out from the hellish wasteland that surrounds them with its malevolent embrace?
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: February 21, 2014, 05:57:50 am »

Note, upon checking the save, I find myself somewhat befuddled by the military structure. Or, rather, the lack there of. Perhaps one wishes to harness the madness of the void's heir with skillful use of disorganization?

There is no standing military. I jammed all of the unnamed Daemonthralls into a squad so I could try to get enough of their less-valuable meat bodies clustered around one of the not-violent goblins to feel safe trying to have them execute him, but because even Daemonthralls have short attention spans and Yuli built our little bunker in cavern layer 3, I could never get more than one or two beards up there at any given time.

You have to understand that I hail from a darker era, back before the uber-complex current military system was put in place (I still haven't figured out a lot of the bells and whistles). Why, in my day, a dwarf was either military or not-military, and that was that!

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: February 21, 2014, 01:49:49 pm »

Just set up the most exploit-based, most expleted-up excrement you can and roll with it. And no, the reason that I am censoring my post is not for the usual reason people do so, i.e. family-friendlyness. It's because there is no expletive that can fully express how far Murdermachines has to go until it reaches the creativity of Deathgate. We're getting to the messed-up part, though, as evidenced by the RETURN OF THE DEATHGATE MOTTO.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: February 21, 2014, 02:06:41 pm »

Sig worthy.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 272