Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777615 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2295 on: February 21, 2014, 02:13:23 pm »

Is it Void God has granted us His eternal rage?
Claim the place, The Eternal Bloody Bath, and bring your poor servants to the highest glory of living! Let the Murdermachines shine for the eternity!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: February 21, 2014, 07:27:33 pm »

there is no expletive that can fully express how far Murdermachines has to go until it reaches the creativity of Deathgate.

Raaki. Or, more correctly, Daraaki (Dah-Rah-Ah-Kee). It means that something can never reach any expectation placed upon it.

From Raa (object), Ki (an inverting suffix, in this case turning "object" into "no object" or "nothing") and Da (Prefix that turns the stem into an adjective).

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: February 21, 2014, 08:16:50 pm »

Is this ale, vomit, blood, or just tears soaking my beard?

Note, upon checking the save, I find myself somewhat befuddled by the military structure. Or, rather, the lack there of. Perhaps one wishes to harness the madness of the void's heir with skillful use of disorganization?

There is no standing military. I jammed all of the unnamed Daemonthralls into a squad so I could try to get enough of their less-valuable meat bodies clustered around one of the not-violent goblins to feel safe trying to have them execute him, but because even Daemonthralls have short attention spans and Yuli built our little bunker in cavern layer 3, I could never get more than one or two beards up there at any given time.

You have to understand that I hail from a darker era, back before the uber-complex current military system was put in place (I still haven't figured out a lot of the bells and whistles). Why, in my day, a dwarf was either military or not-military, and that was that!

Realistically, it wouldn't be near as fun if everything was clockwork. Your service was a worthy one.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: February 21, 2014, 08:42:56 pm »

This is still alive? Wish I could say I was surprised, but things made up of the essence of Chaos, Insanity, and corpses of burnt out CPU's tend to NOT DIE. And when they do, they find some way to COME BACK.

Honestly, I love it all.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: February 21, 2014, 11:41:42 pm »

1st Slate, 268, Mid-Spring
Sixteen dwarves.
Two miners, one of them is Minkerrow.
A woodworker, Puff.
A stoneworker,  Tryrar.
A metalsmith.
A jewler.
A craftdwarf, Peregarrette.
One noble.
Two fishery workers, one of them Thaddeus.
Three farmers, SanDiego is among them.
Two engineers, Mr. Strange & Lashidang.
One wrestler, Kyh.
Minkerrow is the nominal leader of the fortress as well as serving as our chief broker.  Thaddeus serves as the only doctor in the fortress.  SanDiego has the honored posistion of Bookkeeper.
The fortress is an utter wreck.  The surface is covered in debris and skeletons from decades of war.  The upper floors are no better, the only difference being the moss and mushrooms that grow over the corpses.  On the first floor there is a room equal in size to the great hall of Deathgate.  It's only purpose is to house corpses.
The second floor, the farms, are overrun with plant growth.  The farms themselves have been fallowed for months and troll blood still stains them.
Deeper, in the stone heart of Murdermachines, the situation is no better.  Corpses of our brothers and goblins fill the halls.  Two corpses lie in the hospital, two more in the dining hall, one died in his office
Ducim Limulatol, one of the untaken, sleeps in the old office above the hospital.  Ezum Timnarkulet is a few floors down, hauling items around.  SanDiego slumbers on the same floor.  In the halls between them, goblins and trolls lurk.
Minkerrow and Peregarret are near the caverns.  More goblins are nearby. 
Puff, Thaddeus, Tryrar, and Unib are with Mr. Strange and Lashidang are not far from Minkerrow.
Goblins and trolls are everywhere.  Yet they do not raise their arms against us.  It seems, even now, they fear the power of the VoidGod.
Our goal is clear.  I shall seal off the fortress to the caves and to the surface.  I shall train an army, an elite army, that can handle any threat that can be thrown at us.  Then I shall retake the surface. 
There, I shall make us a grand monument to dwarven kind.
For I am AnimaRytak, Firstborn of T̡̻̞̠̺͎̲̿e͊ͥ͆ͫ̑͗r͉̮͖͈r͆̂ͧ͌̑͏̝̪͇y̗̠̩͚̜̓ͭ͟.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: February 21, 2014, 11:45:56 pm »

And here we see another example of Zalgo text not working on a Simple Machines Forum.

Also, one question; Kyh, male or female? Should be female, I think...

Not that I write for this fortress :/

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: February 22, 2014, 01:16:26 pm »

30 seconds in and a forgotten beast got into our main inhabited zone.

This may be difficult.

Edit:
Kyh is female.  Also she has a broken ankle and a dent in skull.

EditTwo:
Kyh's dead.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:46:07 pm by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: February 22, 2014, 01:26:01 pm »

Any syndromes ([PAINED_FACE])?
More to the point, what is it?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:43:12 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 22, 2014, 02:58:53 pm »

2nd Slate, 268, Mid-Spring

Baru has come.  He stalks the caverns and I cannot say if we are cut off from him.

For our protection, I've ordered the cavern-regions to be sealed off from the caves.  I cannot risk an invasion at this point.  I've canceled numerous designations for digging and mining as there are far more pressing issues than making our fortress look attractive or supplying more ores.  As we have no carpenter, one of the daemonslaves, Kogsak, has taken over these duties.

Quick walling by Tryrar cuts us off from the caves.  We are lucky at this, as the howls of Baru can be heard even through shaped stone.

11th, Slate, 268, Mid-Spring
Migrants arrived, eleven of them.  Fresh daemonslaves the entire lot of them.  Among them is a new carpenter, a stone detailer, a medic.  Many of them have weapon experience.  This is good, they'll be amongst the first recruits.

Now if I can only find a way to let them in.

8th Felsite, 268, Late Spring
Among our new daemonslaves is an armorer.  This is as good excuse as any to restart our metalworking industry.  Luckily, our old magma forges are still operational; albiet dusty.

12th Felsite, 268, Late Spring
An elven caravan arrived.  I will not bother to open the gates for their ilk.

14th Felsite, 268, Late Spring
One of the daemonslaves has withdrawn from society.  Let us hope he finds what he needs, every daemonslave is valuable right now.
In order to get the fortress up and running again, I've ordered the old parts of the fort to be re-inhabited.  The heart of Murdermachines will beat once more.  We shall not hide in caves.

[OOC]
Something in one of the stockpiles was tainted with a foul disease.  It caused paralysis and near instant death in half a dozen dwarves.
I must take steps to contain it ahead of time.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: February 22, 2014, 05:02:59 pm »

Why does no one ever remember the ARMOKDAMN EGGROASTS?!

Stay away from them, that's what the fort died from last time. That's probably what you stumbled on, anyway.

Also, yay, more syndrome-y forgotten beast, this time in arthropod-dinosaur format. Any engineers among the migrants? If so, could I please be dorfed?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:57:00 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: February 22, 2014, 05:11:52 pm »

I really should've read the last 50 or so pages.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: February 22, 2014, 05:57:45 pm »

Just the last ten or so would have been enough :P. Oh well, the ensuing catastrophe should be amusing, at least.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 22, 2014, 08:07:24 pm »

R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-redorf!

Kyh II, female, and a profession that is less likely to get her killed.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: February 22, 2014, 08:46:05 pm »

Damn it Puff, stop eating that fucking eggroast.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 22, 2014, 08:51:38 pm »

I have literally NO idea whats been going on since page 116.

I would add myself to the list for dorfing, but since i'm utterly lost, i'm just going to hang back on that for now.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 272