Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777673 times)

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2310 on: February 22, 2014, 09:51:29 pm »

The following was found scrawled on a stone outside the gates of Usanstakud Nazushmestthos.
We are the Death-Hammers' of Wrath. 
The last survivors of the once great civilization, the Basement of Murder.

Our home was Deathgate.

We are the dwarves who kicked in the gates of hell and conquered it for ourselves.  We built a fortress deep below the earth that housed a warmachine of steel and dwarven hate.  Built on the bones of goblins and demons, none could vanquish us.  Except Terry; a god of madness and chaos born from our own rage.  In the end, he was our undoing.  Our brethren were taken from us, locked inside the realm of madness and chaos.

And we?  We were forsaken by the Stonemaker and left to the endless void with Him.

Our reprieve from the void was Murdermachines.  A place in which we could call home.  A way to escape the hungering void and return to flesh and blood bodies.
But this was no sanctuary; we have lost much for this place.

Only the avatar of the Voidgod, a warrior of glad in burning steel and adorn with a halo of molten iron, allowed us to return.
But still we do not thrive.  We cling, we suffer, and we bleed for this burnt, blood soaked land.

And we fucking love every minute here.
This is the dwarven paradise.
This is Murdermachines.

HERE HERE!!!!

Damn it Puff, stop eating that fucking eggroast.

but puff likes the tast e of paralyiss and near death....or he simply enjoys dieing and eating the souls of the demonslave he has.

im guessing animal trainer is out of the question untill we have dogs or cats then?

anyway great job anima! hopefully your avatar can return from whence it came into the void...and possesss our mightest warrior (in terms of stats, skills, or anything else)

if you must put me int he millitary give me Scourges...either a silver or steel one will do...(or just give me two...itll amuse my dwarves as he flays the flesh off of the enemies of deathgates bones....seriously, ive given scourges to my millitary before...they fricken hurt and turn the dwarf into a sadistic evil bastard that'll hurt and hurt untill the enemy bleeds to death from multiple wounds...poor goblins just wouldnt die....and the FB to...)

anyway good luck anima, hopefully next week i can get back to dwarf fortress and getting my idea for the story im thinking/writing about up and running, all a tribute to our madness.

and Kefka, i was BORN mad....thats why i said we take the caverns for our own, the best way to do this is slow expansion, (take the top level and wall it off, then when you have to workforce, make another wall and ensure it reaches the ceiling, then go to the next level down and continue on and so forth, then muddy the grounds you have taken and instant farming area! do this for every level in the caverns untill WE control them with traps, walls, and of course spear traps with pressure-plates inbetween each one!

anyway if i ever get the chance for deathgate 3, ill like to overseer at least one time...probably will make a entrence so heavily trapped no goblin, troll, or even elf will enter our domain...undead well unless they keep geting torn apart by the spear traps (10 each) and keep marching along rapidly (we can also sue this for elven convoys!).

also remember this motto for murdermachines, DONT TOUCH THE EGGROASTS!

also have the stockpiles not accept any sort of extract from FB's, and keep their corpses away from the fort if possible...also wondering if itll be worth-while to turn the magma layers into our housing comparments where the REAL fort will live and prosper near the magma pools and adamantinj veins? and if possible turn at least one of them into a temple for you Lord Fristborn?

also anyone know if today will give the option to having HIM as a god in DF? because that...will...be...awsome...i think ive heard that a magic system is going to be introduced or somthing like that...anyone know anymore on that?

finally good luck with reviving deathgate a second time Lord Fristborn! i so desire to see deathgate crush all enemies...as well as the chance to grab a few dragons for pets/goblin disposal feeds. (make a 3x3 pit, put the dragon chanined at the bottom...toss in goblins...and watch the carnage!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: February 23, 2014, 04:28:43 am »

Jesus, Anima, I forgot all about how long you'd been gone XD

Yeah, we had a forgotten beast, codename EGGUANA aka EGGWING, come through with poisonous blood. Wasn't too bad, except somehow some of his blood got all over a bunch of egg roasts in the stockpile. By the time Yuli caught it, basically the entire fort population was laying in a pile around the dining room table. That shit is nasty and will kill you dead really fast. Big portions of Old Murdermachines are still contaminated and Terry only knows how much of the crap on the surface is tainted.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:30:26 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: February 23, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »

so just another day at a deathhole in the ground.

good to know the fortress is going on strong!

(anyway we can get all the eggroasts put into one stockpile and forbid it from being eaten? might take a hour or two's worth of patience to go through everything and mark it for dumping but in the end itll be for the best, we really shouldnt have made that FB into egg roasts...or any FB really...)

New idea:go into food stockpiles, and FORBID any FB extract....or just EXTRACT in general from making its way into the food supply....im guessing the dwarves thought a FB would be a tasty morsel with chicken eggs...no way in hell would we sacrifice the Netherfowls kin for such a simple task of keep us fed!

instead we should make a dumping ground for an army of ducks! and then let them loose on the demons/spawn for the amusement of ourselves...say...anyway we can get the spawn to invade hell for us while we sit back and watch the carnage? you know just make a way for the demons and spawn to...meet....each other when the clown rush goes for the surface (wall off the fort and let the demons escape into a side tunnel for the explict purpose of letting the demons fight off the spawn)

because goblins sure arent doing crap about our voidspawn hobo problem.

but thats for when the fort finally stops being a derp and keeps dieing to eggroasts...as funny as it is the frist few times it just makes the fort uninhabitable...plus no new souls to feed on (aka:migrant demon-slaves...at least untill we inhabit their souls make make the bodies for our own!).

looking forward to the next update! as well as any story update as well. good luck dorfs!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: February 23, 2014, 03:19:00 pm »

Trying the Duck-O-Tron Trick again would be rather boring. Let's mod wagons to be capable of reproduction instead, and then drop them on our enemies. It'd get us wood easily and quickly, too, so that's a plus.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: February 23, 2014, 07:41:07 pm »

Journal of Kogsak Sakzulus
17 Felsite, 268, Late Spring
Coming here was an utter mistake.
I would not listen to the younger dwarves, after a century of life, I know where I belong.  Murdermachines had need of my skills, my talents.  I believed the tales of danger to be... overblown, despite what these younglings thought.

It seems, however, that they were more correct than I.  This place is an utter hell.  Poison cakes the walls, bodies cover the floor, and bones dot the surface.

I have been miserable since setting foot here.  I should not have come.

22 Felsite, 268, Late Spring
I witnessed Puff, one of the older inhabitants, fall to the floor in the lower fort.  We all watched in horror as he mistakenly consumed a tainted eggroast.  He struggled to breath as vomit filled his throat and lungs. 

I was certain he would die.

But then a miracle happened.  At once, I felt a great boom in my head as a voice spoke.  I couldn't understand what it had said, but in that same instant, Puff pushed himself to his feet.  Within a second, he went from the verge of death to walking.

He was still nauseous and partially paralyzed, but he was alive.

I've heard some of the other dwarves talking.  They talk openly of the Firstborn of Terry; the VoidGod.

The speak of being called AnimaRytak.

They say Puff was saved by him.
This place... it scares me.

24 Felsite, 268, Late Spring
I'm leaving.  This place, these dwarves, they terrify me.  Yesterday, several of my comrades underwent complete changes in personality.  They insist on being called a different name now.  It's as if they've been possessed.
Uzol Tomusoddom now insists on being called Krosan.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ezul Timnarkulet, the militia commander, now insists on being called NCommander and claims to be a "CARPLord".

Mebzuth Eribsokan now insists on being called The Mad Fool.

Olin Atoloslan now insists on being called Prosnorkus.

Unib Esdortobul now insists on being called Fungin and that she is a "Heater".

Vabok Asdugid now insists on being called Josh the Hawk and insists she or he is a Historian.

Adil Zasitstorlut now insists on being called AtomicAvocado.

Ducim now insists on being called Ulborb and insists that he is the Stonemurderer.

Ushat Onultalin now insists on being called Lurker.

Iden Koganlegon now insists on being called Voiceinthefan.

Kivish Fikodimaz now insists on being called Wlerin.

Fikod Sarveshcilob now insists on being called Balthazaar.

Tobul Oslanmesir now insists on being called Thorkild Járnöx.

I wanted to voice my fears to Minkerrow, but he is nowhere to be found.
Tonight, I will leave this place.  I'll return the mountain home and warn them to avoid this place.  If I stay here, I will be next.
Murdermachines is cursed.

25 Felsite, 268, Late Spring
I cannot leave this place.
My thoughts are not my own.
I don't hear whispers, but I find myself saying and doing things without telling myself too.
I... I don't know what to do.

...Mother, help me...

26 Felsite, 268, Late Spring
This mortal is no more.

My brothers.  I have returned.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: February 23, 2014, 10:17:48 pm »

It really wouldn't be a dwarven meal if you're not choking on a wee bit-o-bile. Good taste is for elves and fluffy wamblers.

Added myself to the dorfitrizer, those eldritch biscuits ain't gonna be made by magic. Well, good magic anyhow.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: February 23, 2014, 10:28:09 pm »

It really wouldn't be a dwarven meal if you're not choking on a wee bit-o-bile. Good taste is for elves and fluffy wamblers.

Added myself to the dorfitrizer, those eldritch biscuits ain't gonna be made by magic. Well, good magic anyhow.

Dwarven Cuisine: because it's not a real meal unless divine intervention is required to actually survive eating the food..
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 24, 2014, 01:35:48 am »

Dwarven Cuisine: because it's not a real meal unless divine intervention is required to actually survive eating the food..

never been more proud of deathgate...

still shame i didnt get in...the lines horrible in the void. plus my skills arent needed....yet...but when we get a dragon...by hell ill tame the beasty even if i have to have a couple of scourges to do it!!! and feed it eggroasts...dragons can stand FB extract right? should be a intresting experiment...

also...did we get a few more doomed souls sent into exile again? thats all im thinking thats comming here..the worst of the worst scum in the dwarven society...or just plain ol cast-offs.

hoping to hear more soon my-lord!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: February 24, 2014, 01:53:27 am »

Journal Entry 1-(not a dairy damn you! and why are you reading this!?!) of chaosmaker, ex-smithery now dragon tamer extrodinare!!

Date:this is the fracken void, time has no meaning...speaking of this..where did i get this damn parchment again?

place: the void...sigh im bored...

Alright, now im back here again...just fracken great....i think i ate somthing, memories a bit fuzzy...reeeaaallllyyy gotta watch on how i eat mortal souls, eh-hem (not that you can see of course), i am chaosmaker, the former master of metals and crap that us dwarves made...unfortunetly i was one of the poor sods that wasnt reconized during the frist comming of the great invasion of hell, and thus remained un-noticed by my elders. However since our banishment ive started to think, (yes i know, thinking is for overseers, not us "normal" folk) if armok sent us to battle demons, then why did he banish us in the frist place? didnt he know we would become "tainted"? didnt he as a god forsee our demise by the one-who-shall-not-be-named?
(whenever HE comes, my lord Anima, i still get the jitters and want to hide myself in the void, strangely enough im pretty good at that, ill explain latter on)-anyway continuing on- i still cant comprehend the strangeness of my fellows, though im guessing because of their experinces their USED to the chaos theyve seen, and have tried to save our recent "home" away from "HOME"...they say im crazy, well thats what happens in the void when you try to be unnoticed, with no one to really talk to you kinda go nuts...(i long suppresed the voices my own mind created...hopefully they wont go out of control again, like each damn time i take a host recently...been working on it again!).

thankfully our lord left the rest of us in the void while he took a select few into murdermachines after the demon was sent on a infiltration mission (like the void ill believe he was "dwarf-napped" by meer goblins, these voidspawn ive heared about sure, but goblins?! they must be crazier then i thought!) wait how do i know one of our number is a demon? easy:he smells of brimstone. dunno how i know, i just damn do, must be my 18 senses going to work whenever hes around...that and the dark crackling laughter he gets on whenever somone mentions the new low-caste of dwarves nowdays...(the beacon still somewhat works...) "demonslaves" their called. A amusing title for the slaves that work in our halls, at leats untill they get a new souls put in them! I truly hope i get out of here soon, i wont relish that fact im losing at least 13 of my senses and whatever power ive gained in the void, but hopefully my lord will give me the honor of training our beasts again, i so desire my favored weapon of choice, Scourges-yes i know, a weird pansy human weapon and goblin tool, but it can be so much more...just given to a dwarf and let the dwarf truly master it (after ripping his own damn skin off severl times, and of course hitting himself in the face is alwasy fun! -not-) then he can become a monster on the battlefeild, unleashing terrible pain and horrific wounds and bruises to slowly give the sentence of a thousand cut death upon our foes...if only i had a troll to work on without any of their limbs...i would so enjoy my work.

And yes i was a former dungeon-master in my youth before i moved to deathgate, figured i put my past beheind me and work as a forger, we all know how that worked out...now i wait...waiting in line for my chance to PROVE myself worthy of this great legacy, one that has death, carnage, sheer madness and chaos unlike any-other, the place where blood is spilt like cheap wine in a dwarven party-room, where greatness rises and falls, where death and darkness plauges and seeps into the lands, turning them into a hellish landscape of horror and doom.

I cant wait to get out of here, i cant wait to come home again!!!

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: February 24, 2014, 01:20:19 pm »

If you get an engineer soon, could I please be dwarfed?

Also, how did you save Puff?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: February 24, 2014, 03:25:51 pm »

If you get an engineer soon, could I please be dwarfed?

Also, how did you save Puff?

Divine intervention.
He might still die, he's still sick with the syndrome.
He just has a better shot of living now.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: February 24, 2014, 03:44:33 pm »

I love how Murdermachines is so screwed up that we need divine intervention on a semi-regular basis.

It's true that we never really managed to complete any pointless Deathgatey megaprojects, but in the end, just keeping the thread alive under a constant stream of ambushes, raids, sieges, voidspawn, and Yuli turns has been an achievement.

Especially those voidspawn. Jeeeebus, Anima, those are evil.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: February 24, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »

Oh, there IS some order now. In that case, i'll just add myself to the dorfinator. Still have no clue whats going on.
I love how Murdermachines is so screwed up that we need divine intervention on a semi-regular basis.
These. My sides.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: February 24, 2014, 07:23:12 pm »

We could probably have managed it, but we never had any early Overseerslords stable enough to set up the necessary infrastructure; if we did, they were too busy with the influx of murderous sock-wielding Voidspawn to do so.

Next time, we'll be prepared. The Voidspawn will fear us. We will exterminate them. We will set fire to them. We will cause them more pain than the Paindeer has endured. They will die.

And we will then proceed to make biscuits out of their tallow, so that's good.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: February 24, 2014, 07:30:14 pm »

It's true that we never really managed to complete any pointless Deathgatey megaprojects, but in the end, just keeping the thread alive under a constant stream of ambushes, raids, sieges, voidspawn, and Yuli turns has been an achievement.

Especially those voidspawn. Jeeeebus, Anima, those are evil.

Economic projects it is, then. carve a hundred z-level deep death pit to train miners, because we're dwarves. Train up weaponsmiths by making menacing spikes for said death pit. And best yet, designate said death pit as a zone pit, so all of those that dared defy the might of Armok may watch their precious sky fall away from them before the stone swallows their impaled husks, and takes it's price of blood.

Perhaps make one of the pit's walls out of stylish gem windows, that a dwarf breaking his fast on eldritch syrup and elf bone waffles may have some morning entertainment.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 272