Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788762 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2430 on: March 06, 2014, 07:57:41 pm »

14th Limestone, Early Autumn
Fungin, Lurker, and Tomio have slaved for weeks to craft ten sets of fine steel armor.  A coat of mail, a breastplate, two gauntlets, boots, a set of greaves, a helm, and a shield.

Of course, for the VoidGod, only adamantine will do.

27th Limestone, Early Autumn
Mining has begun beneath the fortress at the orders of the overseer.  Our metal industry demands raw materials and perhaps a more proper workshop.  The current workshop is so far below ground that work is slow and tedious.

4th Sandstone, Mid-Autumn
Some tunnels in the upper layer were uncapped.  Unsurprisingly, the inside was absolutely teeming with goblins and trolls.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thirteen goblins and trolls.  Nine dwarves in steel.  Once, not long ago, this would be a suicidal battle for all except the Voidgod.  But now comes our proving.   The order is given.  Every enemy is to be felled.

The battle is glorious.

Wlerin, despite missing a hand, shows how far he has come under the VoidGod's instruction.

NCommander has taken to wielding a silver flail with brutal results.

Ulborb, wielding a steel longsword, impales a troll's skull and scores a kill in a single blow.
Wlerin scores the final kill.

At the end of the battle, thirteen unclean goblins or trolls have been felled.  Our army is unscathed.

Murdermachines no longer has a militia.
We have an army.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: March 07, 2014, 01:30:26 am »

Ignore ChaosMaker, he feels the Warp overtaking him.  It is a good pain.

Can you hear the voices too?!

YeS....i HEar THE cHAoS Of thE WaRp!!!

EH-hEm

sorry about that, ive been feeling the depths of several Deamons of the warp...havign tea with a greater deamon in a realm of screaming dwarven souls not to mention the void being right beheind me as im waiting to come back HoMe.....

still yes im a bit mad....when i get my turn expect me to either mess up the fort big time, or just plain ass hell fuck everything over all for a gaint great hall 20-25 levels down....ill reveal my plans when i get the chance for deathgate-3....i can most certain garrenty that my reign will be positivly....

cHaOtIC...

fileld with DRAGONS!!!
(yes im a dragon fanatic...even the deamons in my head screaming for venegence as i ate their beings pretty much hate my guts...what do you think i fricken did in the void when i was trying to hide from HIM, i found a way to the warp, managed to eat a deamon, go slightly nuts, eat more, go even more insane, find a little dimension to screw with, wait my turn to get back into murdermachines, die, rinse and repeat....now waiting to get home and have a turn at deathgate-3....any ideas on a good name? I suggest Voidwraith The Chaos Citadel)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: March 07, 2014, 02:16:46 am »

Rocs are better than dragons, IMHO.  You can freaking train them for war.

Also, Anima, it's awesome to find someone else who played (/plays?  Maybe playes would work as a past/present-tense combination?) Dawn of War ^_^
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: March 07, 2014, 09:23:08 am »

Aren't rocs like over five times the size of dragons anyway?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: March 07, 2014, 09:44:44 am »

Also, Anima, it's awesome to find someone else who played (/plays?  Maybe playes would work as a past/present-tense combination?) Dawn of War ^_^

I haven't actually played it, but it's quotes are oft used in other Warhammer fanworks.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE

On a side note, Murdermachines now has 41 dwarves and an actually army. 
This is arguably are best position in ages.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:46:18 am by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: March 07, 2014, 09:49:00 am »

Hmm... Careful. Make the army too big and all the monsters of the world start to take it as a challenge.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: March 07, 2014, 03:20:12 pm »

Hmm... Careful. Make the army too big and all the monsters of the world start to take it as a challenge.

"But the kobold, the goblin, the elf, the human, the voidspawn, and all monsters - shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone."

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: March 07, 2014, 06:02:55 pm »

Look, it's probably going to all go to hell dwarfy-ness again just before DF2014 is released. We might as well try to keep this running for as long as possible, as it won't make much of a difference either way. We just shouldn't bother to reclaim the next time.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: March 07, 2014, 07:06:47 pm »

Realistically, the dwarves are probably safer cleaning themselves in the blood of the slain than any Murdermachines soap. Any sense of clean dies within the sentient evil direct entrance to mortal hell fortress.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: March 07, 2014, 07:08:30 pm »

The Warp has had him for a while, it seems to me.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: March 07, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »

He probably IS the Warp.

...Terry, did you use ChaosMaker to break through the forums?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: March 07, 2014, 10:59:30 pm »

Realistically, the dwarves are probably safer cleaning themselves in the blood of the slain than any Murdermachines soap. Any sense of clean dies within the sentient evil direct entrance to mortal hell fortress.

Have you SEEN the exterior of the fort? Friend, it's not an "entrance" to anything. You passed the mouth of hell a ways down the road.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: March 07, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »

He probably IS the Warp.

...Terry, did you use ChaosMaker to break through the forums?

WHO TOLD YOU!?!

ermmm...yeah...moving on...and hell yeah i played dawn of war games, even dawn of war 2 along with its expansion...not to mention that other dawn of war game thats currently out...hehe...killing kyras was one of my best highlets as using the tyranids...."shadow of the warp" my ass! if they cant handle a bit of Dwarfy madness then those bugs dont deserve to eat the galaxy...THATS MY JOB!!!

also im thinking on making the 4 chaos gods as my slave/pencil pushers....kinda like ouir bookkeepers for the chronicles of deathgate...armok, Terry, and the fristborn knows how much we need the shit all cataloged...itll take them enternity just to get deathgate's true toll in the number books...not to mention qwhen we frist grabbed murdermachines...

also it wasnt me who let him out...HE just got lose on his own...if anything you guys shouldnt be suprised that i hid in the warp and ate it in a fit of madess...i might not be as powerful as you guys in the void...

BUT hell help you if i get my hands on the fort...itll probably go mad with chaos runes scteched every-damn place.

On another note: what shall we do if we capture a necromancer? i suggest locking them away in their own little hole near a refuse stockpile and a corpse stockpile...not enough for them raise the dead, but enough that when we breach hell we can unleash the corpse humpers on the clowns...also the goblins as well and any voidspawn...epic 4 way battle while we dwarves sit upon our thrones aboce them watching them all DIE.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: March 07, 2014, 11:23:54 pm »

Have you SEEN the exterior of the fort? Friend, it's not an "entrance" to anything. You passed the mouth of hell a ways down the road.

Kefka...we all know hell doesnt exist anymore, heck we went and broke it the frist time around. what we have here is Dwarfy Madness...or DM for short...(aka:the guy who controls fucking everything and you dont want to piss off...ROCKS FALL AND EVERYONE DIES!!!)

note:we should totally do the rocks fall and everyone dies...MORE STONE TRAPS AROUND MURDERMACHINES!!! IT IS DWARFY TO USE ROCKS TO CRUSH SOMONES SKULL!!!

finally- Anima:if i get into the millitary...give me scourges...in full steel armour (plus anything you feel a beserking lasher would need, prefers steel scourges but will take any other metal scourge)...i will flay the flesh off your enemies bones...feed their living souls to the warp that now obeys my will...and when they are driven mad with despair and totally broken...only then shall they experince YOUR blessing of the void.

Also if you paticularly want somthing in a cage trap totally bleeding on the floor of a torture room...well i got some tips from the warp that will make them SCREAM.

sides every great place need a dedicated torture chamber...thats not to say were already the damn place and its employees, but the thought counts!

also if we get roks then fine ill train them..but dragons breath dragonfire...and thats more powerful then demon-fire i thinks. plus they give shitloads of leather, scales, and nice bones if we manage to find a way to modify hemt o grow into adult-hood faster and reprduce more...plus shitlaods of food to! and soap...yes i said the forbidden word. but fear not! the new soap i have in mind if filled with the moaning despair, tortured souls of beings who lost to time were sacrificed in the most unholy of all rituals in a grand mess of a fubar time...in essence...deathgate, and the souls are from the demon worshipping scum, and elves mostly.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: March 08, 2014, 01:55:17 am »

sides every great place need a dedicated torture chamber...thats not to say were already the damn place and its employees, but the thought counts!

We have like, eight of those.  Pits, spikes, magma, arenas, you name it.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 272