Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 386340 times)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

19th Hematite:

A boy has grown up to be a fully grown dwarf :)

Glad to see that there is a sense or normalcy in the lives of dwarves here.

Its funny really... there is no way that the zombies can get to our "Island," Yet, the catapult that i have designated has only been started.

4th Malachite:

The first shot out of the catapult is a dud, but a piece of good news arrived at my office.

A wolf has attacked a necromancer, shortly before being killed by a zombie...

im dealing with the siege right now, and you know my initial conclusions?

This is Substantially easier to deal with than a regular siege. Right now, ive killed about 50 zombies (to zero losses), and everyone within a good THIRTY tiles of the island is dead (Zombies).

The biggest concern i have right now is the construction of enough ammo, as 10 marksdwarves burn through it FAST. All i need to do is to keep the gates up, and eventually wait for the catapult to finish construction. After that, i will eventually hit one of the necromancers. Rinse and repeat until they all are dead...

Even if a goblin siege shows up, they will either deal with the necromancers or will be killed by them. Win-Win scenario.

Zombies, The Marksdwarf's Danger Room
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Go Go Power Necros! (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2013, 04:46:48 am »

10th Malachite:

A sad day, Sodel Ilingkesal, a dwarf that got a strange mood awhile back, went bezerk.

Lucky that i planned ahead, and had the ENTIRE Hammerdwarf squad waiting next to him.

A short and bloodless fight, solved by a single blow from a silver war hammer, straight to the head.

11th Malachite:

An Opportunity has presented itself.

While we do have over 75 zombies still on the map, we have only two or three zombies guarding the FIVE necromancers. As long as we go after them with hammerdwarves, and have the axedwarves hold the base, we might be able to end the siege with ZERO casualties (or injuries).

12th Malachite:

Unfortunately, they failed. All of them. I did follow proper quarrantine procedures, and as a result, no zombies have gotten in. A hammerdwarf did shatter the shin of one of the necromancers. I guess these zombies are actually Zoombies (I told them that they shouldnt be able to run, but they didnt listen...)

I guess it is back to lobbing rocks in the direction of the necromancers, until one hits...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:40:25 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2013, 06:16:31 am »

12th Limestone:

In order to speed up the destruction of the zombie horde, i have deployed the magma pumps that were created for this purpose.

However, the magma doesnt go anywhere, and it just starts a fire that is spreading across the map.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2013, 07:01:20 am »

I note we have a road, does fire burn wooden roads?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 31, 2013, 07:08:58 am »

You truly deserve your title, Legendary +5 Organizer :D

I do try, putting my business schooling to use (Testing out project management styles and psychological evalutations are MUCH easier in DF than RL

I note we have a road, does fire burn wooden roads?

Nope, it just burnt around it
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:11:25 am by bp920091 »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 31, 2013, 08:04:34 am »

We could try to raise our own undead army and see if the undead siege treats them as hostiles. Then keep releasing undead squads until the siege is decimated.  8)
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2013, 06:37:22 pm »

We could try to raise our own undead army and see if the undead siege treats them as hostiles. Then keep releasing undead squads until the siege is decimated.  8)

That's either the single best or single worst idea I've seen in this thread.

...It's worth a try though. It should work on goblin sieges regardless of how hostile they are to other undead/us/the universe at large, and even though marksgoblins will pick off our shambling minions pretty easily, it leaves them fewer bolts to perforate the dwarves.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 01, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »

...It's worth a try though. It should work on goblin sieges regardless of how hostile they are to other undead/us/the universe at large, and even though marksgoblins will pick off our shambling minions pretty easily, it leaves them fewer bolts to perforate the dwarves.

The proper design for this would be zombie land mines. Set up 5x5 towers suspended above ground, with a retractable floor. Load 1 necromancer in a smaller cage above with grates for floors to allow vision. Deposit body parts into the main receptacle via minecarts. Set up pressure plates to release the zombies, and attach a lever to reload the trap.

Voila :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 01, 2013, 09:32:10 pm »

The proper design for this would be zombie land mines. Set up 5x5 towers suspended above ground, with a retractable floor. Load 1 necromancer in a smaller cage above with grates for floors to allow vision. Deposit body parts into the main receptacle via minecarts. Set up pressure plates to release the zombies, and attach a lever to reload the trap.

Voila :D

This does rely on no stupid dwarves/caravans deciding to path through there/run screaming over the plate as a beserking rabbit or something chases them.....having a shutoff might be prudent if there's time. Bridges or something to keep the zeds on the ground floor contained after release if required....

....or just use natural selection, but I'm not sure there's a dwarven "finest" to have survive.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 04, 2013, 01:43:56 am »

Also the necro could get killed by bowgoblins from below, not cool.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 04, 2013, 04:23:08 am »

sorry i havent been more active, i should be able to get the remaining part of my turn up by the middle of the weekend (currently under a REALLY heavy exam load, with a professor who missed the whole point of finals week, and had his final this week).

On the bright side, other than nearly every single dwarf in the new hammerdwarf squad getting wiped out (including Sauvage, but there was one dude who was chilling in the dining "area" who got all sad (now he's better) that all his friends died), we have not lost a single dwarf to... anything

Quick questions though. Are danger rooms allowed? I haven't been using them, but they seem necessary to get the sheer amount of training needed to take on necros and the zombie horde. If we are allowed to use them, i can probably have a few legendary dwarves within a couple of months.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 04, 2013, 04:48:49 am »

Ardentdikes had a dangerroom, but we only used it once IIRC.

Edit: I can't reset the poll's timer to reopen it :(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:56:04 am by Wastedlabor »

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 04, 2013, 05:03:11 am »

I guess the forums say no :)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 05, 2013, 12:16:13 am »

Is Urist McKiwi II still alive?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 06, 2013, 06:33:19 am »

Is Urist McKiwi II still alive?

Yes, and you were the one that constructed the catapult and operated it. Still havent hit the necromancer yet... you seem to like tossing boulders around him though. You might give him enough to build a house out of, if you keep up the pace :)

in fact, im going to list the currently alive dwarves that have been named and the professions they have. If you dont see a name on this list, the dwarf that had it is dead (we now have 1070 dead/missing creatures :))

Cutek - Nurse
Udub Wastedlabor - Armok's Priest
AnimaRytak - Blacksmith
Troll Fur Sock - Machine Builder
Sebastian Flyte - Former Overseer
CaptainArchmage - Archwiseard
Brofist Starwhack - Expert Brewer
Urist McDonald - Restauranteur
Bp920091 - Overseer
Urist McKiwi II - Siege Engineer
Psuedonym - Architect (Never had just one of them before)
UristTheGrey II - Millitia Captain

Update should go out tomorrow (I actually have some time in RL to do it)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 100