Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 385695 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The Dark Towers of Blistering (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2013, 09:41:14 pm »

Who keeps changing that stupid mine cart to anything else anyway? I set it up specifically to be guide there and back to prevent that.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 24, 2013, 03:55:56 am »

Who keeps changing that stupid mine cart to anything else anyway? I set it up specifically to be guide there and back to prevent that.

"Hey lets just ride the minecarts back. It saves time and is less work. What could possibly go wrong?"
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:12 am »

Yeah, that figures.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 26, 2013, 05:28:43 am »

As the year draws to a close, its time to get ourselves a flag. Yes, a flag. Need something that can be constructed (i.e. using metal bars or blocks). Any recommendations?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 27, 2013, 01:16:38 am »

As the year draws to a close, its time to get ourselves a flag. Yes, a flag. Need something that can be constructed (i.e. using metal bars or blocks). Any recommendations?

Magma. And adamantine.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 27, 2013, 01:03:00 pm »

Magma. And adamantine.

Damnit McKiwi. We're out of both adamantine and adamantine substitute until the underground roads are dug.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 27, 2013, 04:10:34 pm »

Magma and FB extract.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »

Magma. And adamantine.

Damnit McKiwi. We're out of both adamantine and adamantine substitute until the underground roads are dug.
Guess I'll have to mine some more when it's my turn again, huh?

Do we still have oodles and oodles of spare gold lying around the place? It might look nice and shiney.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 29, 2013, 06:17:57 pm »

That moment, when you realise the exit to the greatest dwarven road in history goes through the cage overflow and !!SEALED AREA - TOXIC FORGOTTEN BEAST BLOOD!!

It is pretty much done now. The plumbing is being set down, but there are few places to put wells. Normally, one would have a few well rooms, but the existing architecture makes that difficult. There isn't really the time to build a huge pressure tower, so while more water is going to be pumped it will not be at the pressure level the magma tower is at.

The animals have been transferred outside to a safe pasture. I think there is a bug, one of the cows is starving but there is plenty of grass on the pasture. Curious.

I'm going to put down a suitable flag at the entrance to the fortress.

Apparently, after being run over by six wagons it still takes a month and a half for a dwarf to pick up the injured aristocrat at the gate.

We also have a new chief medical dwarf, who will not be planting the fields while other dwarves need medical attention. Despite being a newcomer, he has more experience medical than the doctors who have been present since the founding of the fortress. WTF.

I also think we need a new hammerer. I'll try to find a suitable dwarf for the post.......

Edit: I forgot to mention the rains washed away some of the forgotten beast blood from the surface, while they did not wash away as much as I hoped, it is safe to use both doors of the northwestern dormitory now. Now back to dealing with this magma toilet.

Edit2: Our great civilization has finally become quite knowledgable regarding the training of certain wild creatures.... crundles!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:05:53 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 29, 2013, 08:31:21 pm »

This turn has been running for four weeks already, let's press to finish it.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 29, 2013, 08:57:14 pm »

This turn has been running for four weeks already, let's press to finish it.

Its pretty much winter left now, then its done.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 30, 2013, 02:40:42 am »

That moment, when you realise the exit to the greatest dwarven road in history goes through the cage overflow and !!SEALED AREA - TOXIC FORGOTTEN BEAST BLOOD!!
.....the moment when you think 'Job well done, lads!'

Apparently, after being run over by six wagons it still takes a month and a half for a dwarf to pick up the injured aristocrat at the gate.

A new record! At this rate we'll get it down to a month. ^_^

We also have a new chief medical dwarf, who will not be planting the fields while other dwarves need medical attention. Despite being a newcomer, he has more experience medical than the doctors who have been present since the founding of the fortress. WTF.
Given the state of our healthcare system, this is not overly surprising. Especially the whole "Our hospital turns people into dying bundles of blisters" thing.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 30, 2013, 04:30:44 am »

Actually, I had a hard time routing a 7-tile-wide road through any other section of the fortress in the upper levels. The alternatives meant digging through a space packed with sarcophagi and the like.

Edit: Image regarding the deeper depths of Moltenchannels. This is a Special report, with a lot of [REDACTED].

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:56:22 am by CaptainArchmage »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 30, 2013, 09:00:39 pm »

Yeah, that's all my handiwork. You're looking at the tomb, living quarters and offices of Urist McKiwi II, now claimed by her "zombie decoy", Urist McZombie (unless McZombie got killed, in which case it's a rather nice set of free rooms you could give to a lesser noble or something). Above that is the old dining room of McDonald.

There's actually quite a lot of those hatches around the place, since I explored the magma sea by drilling holes down into it from above. I used hatches as a temporary seal and forgot to tell anyone about them. You might wanna check the other levels of the mining complex, since there's other hatches that are just as dangerous (one Z-level above that screen should be the passage to the second candy spire. Take a look around it). That said, a swarm of hellspawn erupting from a volcano would be kinda boss.

I'm not sure I connected the drawbridge between McZombie's office/rooms and the narrow passage. I definitely connected the one between the tomb and the store-room though. It was McKiwi II's little hidey-hole in case I breached the HFS by accident.....although without both drawbridges functioning it's more of a deathtrap than anything else.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:04:46 pm by Urist McKiwi »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 01, 2013, 11:12:00 am »

Yeah, that's all my handiwork. You're looking at the tomb, living quarters and offices of Urist McKiwi II, now claimed by her "zombie decoy", Urist McZombie (unless McZombie got killed, in which case it's a rather nice set of free rooms you could give to a lesser noble or something). Above that is the old dining room of McDonald.

There's actually quite a lot of those hatches around the place, since I explored the magma sea by drilling holes down into it from above. I used hatches as a temporary seal and forgot to tell anyone about them. You might wanna check the other levels of the mining complex, since there's other hatches that are just as dangerous (one Z-level above that screen should be the passage to the second candy spire. Take a look around it). That said, a swarm of hellspawn erupting from a volcano would be kinda boss.

I'm not sure I connected the drawbridge between McZombie's office/rooms and the narrow passage. I definitely connected the one between the tomb and the store-room though. It was McKiwi II's little hidey-hole in case I breached the HFS by accident.....although without both drawbridges functioning it's more of a deathtrap than anything else.

All the rooms are owner by Urist McZombie. For whatever reason, the tomb belongs to Urist McZombie too, which suggests McKiwi II was never buried there. I believe two of the drawbridges are connected, so the room can be sealed off. However, the tomb has no defences in case of HFS attack.

We've had a forgotten beast attack from Usu, a gigantic firefly with a trunk and poisonous vapors. I'm going to put this in a full report at the end of my turn, so you can quote it from there. All squads were called to attack the beast, but the new barracks was nearby, and it was eliminated quickly. No dwarves died, but a lot ended up with severe drowsiness and bleeding. Some of the corridors got covered from ceiling to floor in blood.

I've freed the sane vampires and put them in a special burrow to prevent drainings and insanity from lack of clothes. The furnace operator has been there for many years and will work slowly, but walks at about the speed of other dwarves, so I believe it is best to assign them to military ops. Be aware that putting dwarves on an alert burrow will negate the use of the vampire burrow, and allow children to wander around freely. We could do with a DFhack script to "assign all dwarves to burrow" instead.

Mining work is now upgrading New Townbrush. Some new store-rooms will be installed, and we may get a water supply and minecart network. No guarantees though, I'm trying to finish quickly at 15-25 FPS.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100