Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736334 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #22080 on: December 16, 2015, 09:13:09 pm »

If we succeed in deluding ourselves into believing that we have won, then we have won! As far as we know.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22081 on: December 16, 2015, 09:28:16 pm »

I can vote in favor of shenanigans, but I cannot vote in favor of sanity. My world is being rent asunder!
+1

+ to the 1
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22082 on: December 16, 2015, 10:47:38 pm »

+1 to illborn exchange shenanigans.

Also, ask Proxxy exactly what coordinates Riltia is at.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22083 on: December 16, 2015, 11:56:52 pm »

If we succeed in deluding ourselves into believing that we have won, then we have won! As far as we know.
Today's SMBC seems oddly fitting.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22084 on: December 17, 2015, 12:45:03 am »

It's funny and it made me laugh but I don't get it...
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOT AT THE BALL
« Reply #22085 on: December 18, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

... THE ILLBORN EXCHANGE IS ONE OF THE ULTIMATE WEAPONS!

((See context.))

Also, this is interesting.

Maybe internal bleeding is some sort of shock reaction to gaining or losing soul charge?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:07:32 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22086 on: December 18, 2015, 04:34:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOT AT THE BALL
« Reply #22087 on: December 18, 2015, 04:57:42 pm »

Also, this is interesting.

Maybe internal bleeding is some sort of shock reaction to gaining or losing soul charge?
Well, you're not wrong...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22088 on: December 21, 2015, 02:33:51 am »

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)
Shenanigans: +Infinity

(Shenanigan: 5+2) Not even your rubric can save you now! Al's Ilborn Exchang dematerializes, demateriously.

Pull out your Riltia puppet and try and resolve your differences with diplomacy.
There is clearly a rational explanation for this, and she's just dying to explain it to you!

We would like to point out that this is totally not our fault.

Edit: If Riltia is allied with Oric, why did he try to get us to kill her? Sure, maybe he was trying to make us think she was loyal... but what if we actually did push her? I doubt he would risk such a valuable ally.
Why Rilitia... Why?!?

I feel like this betrayal by Rilitia is almost too simple. The prayer earlier implies Rilitia wants OUT of the Cycle via permanant death, which is the exact opposite of what was just stated here. Plus there's Rilitia's relationship with the Last Seraphim. We gotta look deeper here. I figure she's AT LEAST a double agent[Betraying us for Oric and then Oric for LS], maybe even more then that. In any case, yikes. As pointed out earlier, Rilitia is EASILY the most powerful member of the party. I feel like we're really going to regret Shenaniganing her spear back in the future.

This does raise all sorts of questions about Oric's insistence that we murder her, though. As though there weren't enough of those already. Maybe she was insisting she had this and could best serve from the inside, while Oric was telling her not to aid the fucking usurper, so they settled it the ol' "Let's find out how much Ciro actually trusts and likes you" way?

Is that it?  Is Riltia set up as the long con, even to the point that all the other Siblings are convinced she's a traitor to them, just so she can be a traitor instead to Ciro?

No. CrioXriltia that's part of the reason we need to get her back on our side.

So. Let's not go to DL7. Let's faff about on pointless sidequests for cool loot, strip the wiring from the upper levels, shake down everything that moves for pence, see if we can commandeer the thingamajigger that moves the rooms around while we're somewhere else in order to force the dungeon to continually produce treasure vaults, learn to waggle our eyebrows just so, ship everybody/thing with everybody/thing, (including themselves) and build that loot throne we've always wanted. After all, we don't really need to go downwards and fight Siblings to get power and treasure. We're in a dungeon with a constant influx of visitors flush with loot. Loot comes to us.

From now on, I'm going to think more clearly. That's the only way we're ever going to get Riltia back, beat Oric, and all the other great ideas I just had independently of your suggestions.

There will be no more muddling of "I" and "you." Not to say I and the others won't listen to your suggestions -- I'm just not going to fool myself into thinking they're my own ideas. No, they come from a different, darker place, almost like they're in the air around me.

Now that we have that out of the way:

What will I do?

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:02:14 am by freeformschooler »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: You're not me.
« Reply #22089 on: December 21, 2015, 03:23:13 am »

Ciro's shirt glows and the Soul Star 'burns' more when she commanded us to shut up.

Ciro: Guide that which guides you.
Proxxy: Reflect on how Polydectes said 'Loss of Sanity' when under guidance of Collective Spirit.
Al: Pretend not to know what's going on.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22090 on: December 21, 2015, 03:51:33 am »

meta: compliments to FFS on the grabby little hands on the influx, that's a nice touch

Ciro, probably a good idea to make sure your Soul Star's intact after that. Check the menu and everything, make sure nothing, y'know, broke. Then we can work on a plan to re-find Riltia; but it's probably going to be a long haul. DL7's a long way down, and we best go prepared in case of hostiles.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22091 on: December 21, 2015, 04:52:12 am »

Best to ignore the Illborn Exchange, questing for it would be too much like plot.

"Ciro's voices are real, a smart one like Proxxy should be able to build something that can communicate with them directly. Try starting with a visor..."
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22092 on: December 21, 2015, 06:16:02 am »

Windirection up the hole in the roof. Looks like a perfect, innocuous place to hide something important.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22093 on: December 21, 2015, 07:34:41 am »

You can work out how to loot that statue. I'm sure such an experienced looter could work out how to remove it without Dumb Fighter Strength.
And ask Al to look up & see how many Outer Suckers are congregating up that hole while you're at it, perhaps?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22094 on: December 21, 2015, 08:06:05 am »

YOU are going to clear out this side dungeon and feast upon its delicious loot. We all know what you are, and we all know what "thinking more clearly" means for a Sibling of Oric the Awesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 1544