Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 123122 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:58 pm »

Ford: can you elaborate on each of your choices? Or are you basing this completely on math?
Are you even reading the thread?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2013, 07:54:03 pm »

Actually actually... its pretty likely that LS is spy. Its hard to say between LS and Dariush which one is the spy. I'm leaning LS since he's been very quick to change his opinions and his cases have been kinda weak.
Can't you choose both?
Also you ignored me!  I do want some reasoning here.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2013, 07:58:19 pm »

pfp. I did "choose both" on my proposed zu ford toony toaster team. also i dont seeanythingother tnan the combos.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2013, 07:58:54 pm »

Do you have an opinion on this team Nerjin

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2013, 08:11:49 pm »

Captain Ford
ToonyMan
notquitethere
Nerjin

Well I'm sure about 3/4 of the team but the NQT portion unsettles me a bit. I think I'm going to Re-PM glyph and ask for my Up to be changed to down. Originally I thought this may be an alright team but as time passes I doubt NQT more.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2013, 08:13:00 pm »

Ehh...

How long do we have to get votes in?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2013, 08:13:37 pm »

Who would you want to replace NQT with

Three days according to the OP.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2013, 08:17:13 pm »

I would like Tiruin to state his vote on this team in a way that is totally unambiguous.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2013, 08:17:40 pm »

Toaster or Dariush. Despite the latters... Unpleasantness I trust that he's town. Toaster also has seemed to be relatively town.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2013, 08:26:54 pm »

I would like Tiruin to state his vote on this team in a way that is totally unambiguous.
Captain Ford
ToonyMan
notquitethere
Nerjin

So upvoting this.
Read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 27, 2013, 10:57:11 pm »

Nerjin:
Toaster or Dariush. Despite the latters... Unpleasantness I trust that he's town. Toaster also has seemed to be relatively town.

On both, why?

On that note, you never answered me here:

Nerjin:
Zombie Urist: This is the one I’m LEAST pushing. Just in the time he’s been with us I feel he’s acted mostly trustworthy.

How so?

Actually, this totally contradicts what you said earlier:

I propose [as it were] this team.

ToonyMan: That god *donut* piece of *spinach* WIFOM with the role-name thing still *pineapple*s me to no end. But other than that he has seemed relatively town with an excellent scum-hunting capability.

Nerjin: I am me and I know I am town however as I don’t think it’d be wise to pick me [as everyone would downvote] we shall move on.

Captain Ford: You put a lot of effort into finding scum and I approve of that. While you seem WAY to easily swayed through emotional appeal I think you’re logical enough to trust.

Zombie Urist: This is the one I’m LEAST pushing. Just in the time he’s been with us I feel he’s acted mostly trustworthy.

Why the change?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 27, 2013, 11:00:41 pm »

To add to my reasons for putting up that team so hastily, I had to work today and have plans all day tomorrow. I don't have the same amount of time to invest in the game as I did the last few days.

Also, it occurred to me that Toony can't actually become the organizer this round.

ZU: Based purely on reads. The math was included because it runs contrary to what most everyone has been saying in thread.

Tiruin: Your upvote surprised me.

Nerjin: Can you be more specific about why you doubt NQT?
I'm as confident as I can be that this team is composed entirely of rebels. You're the one I'm least certain of.

Leafsnail/ZU: I'm pretty sure we have 24 hours to vote.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2013, 12:18:07 am »

It's a revelation, I know. Anyway, I'm getting better now :/ Sorry for before.

Could I ask why though? What was coursing thru your head when your read over my post?

ZU: Why are you asking me about my vote? While, yes, I understand the implications of such, that's what it is. And to further that question, could I ask how your read is on me? On Dariush? On Nerjin?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:30 am »

It's a revelation, I know. Anyway, I'm getting better now :/ Sorry for before.

Could I ask why though? What was coursing thru your head when your read over my post?
Huh. I thought I'd elaborated more when I wrote that.

I was going to say, "but I shouldn't have. You were openly skeptical of the case against Nerjin quite a while ago, and I don't think you ever really said much about NQT."

You've really been the most open-minded person in the game. That's both a point in your favor and a point against.

I also agree that having leaders you can trust is important. Possibly even more important than the actual teams themselves. I don't fault people for voting based on their own suspicions, of course. But at some point, we do have to roll the dice on somebody, and somebody's got to compromise. Spies can always upvote a team with a spy while simultaneously saying they'll downvote. They can win that way, so the only way to win is if the rebels can somehow manage to defy them.

The thing is, the rebels are probably going to disagree. Since the spies can win just by getting a team they like through, the rebels can't win if they keep defeating winning teams. The only effective way for rebels to unite is for them to put their faith in a leader they can trust, and let him roll the dice.

...and that isn't necessarily me. I'm just saying that if five of the six rebels can't somehow agree, they can't win.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 28, 2013, 12:59:31 am »

...and that isn't necessarily me. I'm just saying that if five of the six rebels can't somehow agree, they can't win.
Indeed.

Anyway, before I rush off to school and microbio (:D), here's my reads. I've always assumed no scum performed a lie low option unless they've somehow made up a plan:

LS - Scum via process of elimination and his attitude in persuasion.
ZU - wavering scum, while his posts are filled with brevity - the usual, I guess D: - there is a tinge in how he words them or approaches a topic that tells me there's something up with his reasoning.

Dariush - Town despite his vulgar verbosity, judgement via association in his team pick. Nothing else persuaded me.
ToonyMan - Town. Any argument otherwise would make him be confused on my post (:P). Seriously, I do believe he's town for his methods in trying to determine who's scum and who isn't. Holding a level eye on everyone else and taking in information without bias.
notquitethere - Town-ish, logician. He's taking into account the number and math along with Ford. To be frank, sounds like mason-buddies here in their association, debating the consequences and chopping up the numbers up. Still, his analysis doesn't seem to be lacking nor cyclic in manner. What is your read btw?
Toaster - town by virtue of elimination and personality in posting. Reasonable in the way that he holds skepticism not to an overt degree, but isn't lenient in giving it out.
Nerjin - town-ish. Like I said before, while his pleas by emotion are...generally not a way to persuade, his sincerity comes in the fact that if he was scum, he'd try harder to not look like scum.
Ford - said so above.

Deathsword - x_x

GlyphGryph - one of the best mods out there. Leans Spy because of his flavorful flavor. :P

Ottofar - spoiled spectator. I'm wondering how much fun he's having...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67