Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Utopia: Kill, Escape Restart Reboot  (Read 11956 times)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Utopia: Kill, Escape Restart Reboot
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2013, 04:55:04 pm »

" I'll protect you I promise but your going to need to learn to fight Clair, the zombies won't care that your not fighting after all and I don't want to see anything happen to you. "

Continue to encourage Clair, once done then use my phone and call every one of my fellow S.W.A.T to find out how many are still alive. Have any that are alive come to the office building along with any other non infected people they come across along the way and bring as many supplies as they can. Especially armor and the S.W.A.T armored vans.
Ask clair to turn on the buildings alarm system and inform me of any doors on the ground floor that are not locked, trigger the buildings lock down mode if it has one.

(( Metal shutters and that sort of thing like shops have for when there closed. ))

(( Can't believe I didn't think to just phone them all earlier lol. ))

(( I nominate myself, my arguement in my favor? I saved two of you from dieing and I didn't start firing random shots out a window during a zombie apocalypse... ))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:16:58 pm by Brood »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2013, 07:11:01 pm »

Take all weapons and ammunition, and identify them. If we have to suddenly leave, grab all of them.

((TCM, can I have that medical kit of yours, since my character is a doctor?)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:54:55 am by Chink »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2013, 07:57:28 pm »

After making his call and collecting weapons Jason turns to the group to speak.

" I think we need to decide what we're going to do, zombies on the streets and armed mobs already running around means where in a very dangerous situation, we have weapons which gives us a bit of an edge but this building is not very secure.

Ideally I'd say we need a building with a good wall and a strong gate on it to set up in, something with more then an office door between us and those... creatures.

But I think priority should be picking a leader right now, we need to be organised if we're going to survive.

I'd like to nominate myself, I've got weapons and tactical training, I've been in hundreds of crisis situations so we know I can handle pressure, I'm capable of making improvised weaponry for us in a pinch as you've seen and as can be seen by Clair being with me, people trust me.
It's my sworn duty as an officer of the law to protect people and the only thing that has changed is theres a lot less people to protect a lot more to protect them from.

Does anybody disagree?
"

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2013, 08:20:27 pm »

((Hey do we have cell phones? John can call his girlfriend so some sort of phones work for now. I wanna know so we can talk to each other at long distance. Though for now I'm gonna assume yes for my post.))

"Thanks Doc! I feel even better then before!" Robert says. "You can have the rest of these bandages. You'd make better use out of them then me." Robert gives the doctor what's left if his bandages.

As he walks out of the weapon stockpile room, he hears Jason going on about deciding the leader. "I really don't care who the leader is. I'm fine with whoever besides myself. I know I'm not leader material. So I'll leave that up to you guys. I'm gonna explore the rest of this building to see what we can find. There might be more people around that can join us upstairs also. So if you need me just call me. Also if you all figure out the leader while I'm upstairs, call me about that too." Robert says to the group and gives them his number.

He then goes over to John and asks if he wants to come with me to see what his co-workers might've had stashed around. Plus there might be zombies upstairs and I don't wanna be caught alone with them.

Ask john to join me in looking around upstairs and if he comes with me or not, explore the third floor for anything of use or people.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2013, 08:26:44 pm »

Shrugging Jason holds out 2 more spears, a suppressed pistol and a load of ammo for it.

" Better take these with you then, but don't use the gun unless you have to, better to avoid wasting ammo as much as we can.

Call me if you run into trouble or any other survivors, before you try to talk with them.
We don't need a repeat of this incident and more importantly, if it goes badly your odds are better with me nearby.
"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2013, 08:34:15 pm »

Haruki turns to Jason. "I don't care who gets to be leader, but you might as well tell us what your long term plans are if you want to be one."

Haruki counts the money he has, before checking out a window to see how the zombies outside are doing.

((Hey do we have cell phones? John can call his girlfriend so some sort of phones work for now. I wanna know so we can talk to each other at long distance. Though for now I'm gonna assume yes for my post.))

"Thanks Doc! I feel even better then before!" Robert says. "You can have the rest of these bandages. You'd make better use out of them then me." Robert gives the doctor what's left if his bandages.

As he walks out of the weapon stockpile room, he hears Jason going on about deciding the leader. "I really don't care who the leader is. I'm fine with whoever besides myself. I know I'm not leader material. So I'll leave that up to you guys. I'm gonna explore the rest of this building to see what we can find. There might be more people around that can join us upstairs also. So if you need me just call me. Also if you all figure out the leader while I'm upstairs, call me about that too." Robert says to the group and gives them his number.

He then goes over to John and asks if he wants to come with me to see what his co-workers might've had stashed around. Plus there might be zombies upstairs and I don't wanna be caught alone with them.

Ask john to join me in looking around upstairs and if he comes with me or not, explore the third floor for anything of use or people.

"Hey, I'll come with you."

Give the group doctor my medkit, then scout upstairs with Robert.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:56:57 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2013, 08:40:29 pm »

" Well for the time being, I intend to gather as many officers and S.W.A.T as are left standing here. I'll feel much better once a few of my brothers in blue are here to back me up.

Then first order of business is to find a secure building with a good wall and a strong gate around it, something that is easy to defend.
Move into it then we start hitting sporting good stores, markets, gunshops, lumber yards and so on. Gather up enough food to feed us, bottled water, weapons and armor. Wood to fortify the position and so on.
Also find as many fuel tankers as we can and get them full and inside so we have plenty of reserves and some good vehicles, preferably big vehicles and if possible I want S.W.A.T trucks, heavily armored, fast and can carry 16 people with a lot of equipment at a squeeze.

I'll use my radio every day on every frequency to lead other survivors to us and we get settled.

It's only been 2 days so it's to early to flee the town and we don't have enough information anyway but this building has nothing but a glass door between us and the zombies if they want in and I for one want something a lot more solid between me and them.

Sound good to you?
"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:43:21 pm by Brood »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2013, 02:20:39 am »

Jane spreads her arms non-threateningly (one hand's still holding the shotgun, but her grip's still around the barrel near the muzzle and the gun's weight hangs below).  Her tone is calm but she speaks fast as she replies, "I'm sane and safe and really glad to see you.  Those cultists are dead, most of them, maybe all.  That's the gunfire, some people I met up with stopped them from killing any more people, probably us.  Far as I'm concerned, you can do anything you want, including staying with me and them, but if you let me I'm going to keep checking to make sure this building's barricaded so the walking dead can't swarm in."

She pauses, smiling as she looks into the priest's eyes, before adding, "Any other questions you'd like to ask me?  Long as we're safe, I kinda like talking."

(Far as group leader goes, are you talking OOC or IC?  I'm confused because you seem to be asking a very very IC question in a very very OOC manner  ???  IC it'll play out however it plays out, I suspect depending on what's going on at each moment different people will act more or less like leaders)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:23:09 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2013, 04:02:48 am »

(( IC, OOC is always done in (()) ))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2013, 04:58:33 pm »

Alamoes?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2013, 07:46:08 pm »

(( IC, OOC is always done in (()) ))

((Question was meant for Persus13, sorry I'd not made that clearer.))
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2013, 08:51:55 pm »

Jane spreads her arms non-threateningly (one hand's still holding the shotgun, but her grip's still around the barrel near the muzzle and the gun's weight hangs below).  Her tone is calm but she speaks fast as she replies, "I'm sane and safe and really glad to see you.  Those cultists are dead, most of them, maybe all.  That's the gunfire, some people I met up with stopped them from killing any more people, probably us.  Far as I'm concerned, you can do anything you want, including staying with me and them, but if you let me I'm going to keep checking to make sure this building's barricaded so the walking dead can't swarm in."

She pauses, smiling as she looks into the priest's eyes, before adding, "Any other questions you'd like to ask me?  Long as we're safe, I kinda like talking."

(Far as group leader goes, are you talking OOC or IC?  I'm confused because you seem to be asking a very very IC question in a very very OOC manner  ???  IC it'll play out however it plays out, I suspect depending on what's going on at each moment different people will act more or less like leaders)

I was asking OOC. If its in front or at the end of turn in parentheses, its GM note.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2013, 12:33:25 am »

(( Oh ok, well I went and did it IC anyway. ))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2013, 03:07:30 pm »

Turn will be up shortly. I'm going to get the Survivor turn and maybe some English homework done first.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »

Turn 9:

Jason continues to convince Clair she is going to need to fight. (6) She accepts finally, but asks for training to shoot well first. Jason walks over to the cafeteria and nominates himself for group leader. Robert and Haruki both don’t care about who leads and they leave to head to the third floor with John, but not before Jason hands Robert a pistol. Clair Stone enthusiastically supports his self-nomination, as she seems to be very enamored with Jason. (3) Pulling out his phone, Jason calls his boss on the SWAT team. While dialing, he sees that he only has enough battery for two calls. (1) Jason hears a message saying “There is no god and John is his prophet. The zombie apocalypse is time for us to throw off the government and form a new life. Police, Military, and all those who seek to subjugate us are no more or will be no more. This man died because he sought to destroy us. If you wish to join us, come to the Sheraton downtown.” He hangs up, shaken as he realizes that his SWAT team is either dead or in battle or scattered.

Clair and Haruki look out the front to see that (2) the zombie horde has mostly moved on, and only about 10 zombies are left. haruki also counts his money to see that he has Haruki sees that he has $134.90. in the weapons room, Dr. Chomsky looks at the weapons pile and sees that most of the weapons are pistols and rifles, with a few military weapons and the machine gun. Thanking Dr. Chomsky, Robert asks John if he wants to go with him to the third floor. John accepts, and Haruki and Moe join the group too, they head to the third floor, Robert being given a pistol by Jason. (2,2) The third floor is a lot like the second floor, with nothing really out of the ordinary. Robert picks up a stapler he finds on the floor.

Jane responds to the minister’s questions and a few unasked ones, by saying "I'm sane and safe and really glad to see you.  Those cultists are dead, most of them, maybe all.  That's the gunfire; some people I met up with stopped them from killing any more people, probably us.  Far as I'm concerned, you can do anything you want, including staying with me and them, but if you let me I'm going to keep checking to make sure this building's barricaded so the walking dead can't swarm in." She pauses and sees that (1) the minister still looks hostile, before adding, "Any other questions you'd like to ask me?  Long as we're safe, I kinda like talking."
(6) The minister responds, “How many are with you, and will they tolerate a man of faith and an old man to accompany them? We are in need of shelter and a group of people who can help us. I am sure if there are any Christians in your group, they would welcome a spiritual leader. Either way, I have other skills than spiritual knowledge,” the minister gestures towards his now lowered shotgun at this particular point, then continues “and my elderly friend here is a dermatologist. That can be helpful if you or your group ever has skin trouble. In return, we ask to share your food and assist in caring for this man. I promise not to proselytize unless your group desires me too, but I do ask that wherever you go I be tolerated by non-Christians and allowed a place for a church."

Spoiler: Changed HP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Group Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:40:19 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14