Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help, cant melt silver chests.  (Read 4415 times)

tristankamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help, cant melt silver chests.
« on: May 17, 2013, 12:49:01 pm »

i have about 120 silver chests designated for melting. the magma melters melt goblinite just fine, but when they pick up a chest and begin to melt it, it just gets kind of stuck, with the item never melting, but the furnaceoperator getting more and more xp. i now have 5 legendary furnaceoperators, and still 120 silver chests. wth?

tristankamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help, cant melt silver chests.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 12:54:49 pm »

I've tried rebuilding the magma smelters, and changing dwarf. nothing seems to change?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 01:53:10 pm »

Well, I'm going to try this to see if I can make legendary furnace operators.  Be right back with some science.

Edit:  And we're back. 

I can reproduce this.  Embarked with silver ore and coal.  Made some chests.  Designated them for melting.  Chest sits in smelter forever getting melted over and over without ever using up the chest or making silver bars. 

However, it does consume coke for every reaction.  Weird, huh?

Off to check the bug list.

Edit2:  Yep, it's on there http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2493
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:24:46 pm by kingubu »

tristankamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 02:24:47 pm »

not only silver, brass chests as well. i only accept the best for my dwarfs, so 80 exeptional silver chests are about to be crushed. goodbye 1/3 of fortress silver reserve!

Teamwork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 01:09:33 am »

There is a glitch in the game that makes it impossible to melt any chest. The job will be stuck perpetually in tasking, and will consume coke.
Urist McUseless: Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody defies mandates on MY watch!
Urist McInnocent: Bite me!

*CENSORED DUE TO EXTREMELY GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE*

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »

You could sell them...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 11:01:44 pm »

eh, if you have any silver, you have a LOT of silver.  Unless its all tetrahedrite i suppose.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 08:12:19 am »

well, if its useless, you can always sell it, better then crushing, silver furniture is not worthless :)