Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104

Author Topic: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED  (Read 287332 times)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
Re: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED
« Reply #1530 on: March 18, 2022, 01:10:43 am »

Oh wow it's EuchreJack! Now there's a name I haven't seen in some years... And yeah sorry but we're both apparently much older now xD

Hard to believe it's been that long! From 7DRL right here on Bay 12, to getting asked if I could do more with it, to "trying it out to see," and... yeah now here it is, still going...
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 18, 2022, 08:26:31 am »

I need to get back to this - I still haven't managed to escape the complex yet (although I've come close a couple times).

Great to hear that you're still working on it.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1532 on: March 19, 2022, 02:54:10 am »

Oh man, AlStar, too :)

You'll get there eventually, I'm sure; it can take a while for most people to do on their own without some help/advice, but a basic win doesn't have too many requirements attached so it'll happen eventually simply with the accumulation of more knowledge!
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1533 on: December 03, 2022, 08:11:47 pm »

Yeaaahhh Cogmind is still going :P

And thus time for another annual review! 2022 saw Cogmind's 10th anniversary, celebrated by its largest-ever release, and Beta 12 is still in development but getting quite large itself... Read about Year 9 of the Cogmind on the dev blog, concluding with the usual look at the months ahead.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 03, 2022, 08:30:05 pm »

yay!  Happy Birthday, Cogmind!!!!!!
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1535 on: December 04, 2022, 06:31:28 am »

Hey Darkening Kaos, thanks :)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1536 on: December 24, 2022, 07:30:01 pm »

Polymind: This holiday season you are NOT the Cogmind

It's the end of another year, Cogmind's 10th, and to celebrate I put together a special event that turns the world on its head for an extremely different Cogmind-but-not-Cogmind experience: Polymind!

You can't use items yourself, but you can blend into Complex 0b10 by taking control of almost any robot :)

Rely on your host's capabilities to survive, or switch to another host when the need arises or circumstances force it... Be a Worker (really now...), be a Programmer (ooh), be a Behemoth (now we're talking), be almost anything. Also try not to be too suspicious and be a productive member of the Complex, or find a deadly host and suddenly unleash hell, only to mop up some patrols then return to work as an Engineer inconspicuously rebuilding the local area...

Check out the release notes for the full changelog and feature demos.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1537 on: March 02, 2023, 05:56:59 pm »

Cogmind "Encrypted Comms" is ready--welcome to Beta 12! Embrace the new Scrap Engine to create unique parts by feeding it other items, and explore significantly expanded Garrisons with major new rewards.

Full release notes and demo images.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 03, 2023, 08:49:42 am »

I made an unofficial Cogmind ARG for April 1st, all details about it are on the GSG forums https://www.gridsagegames.com/forums/index.php?topic=1667.msg10422#msg10422

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1539 on: July 10, 2023, 07:54:36 am »

In case anyone's curious about progress, I'll be streaming the latest in-dev build of Beta 13, with a new map and a number of brand new mechanics, plus of course new bots and NPCs. Starts in about 11 hours here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 10, 2023, 07:09:46 pm »

I should really fire up Cogmind again. I think it's been at least a year since I played last.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1541 on: September 01, 2023, 06:57:52 pm »

SITREP Saturday #51: Another Big Bang" - The world is expanding, again! Beta 13 is adding more maps, meaning more lore, NPCS, and lots (LOTS) more tech. Nearly 100 new items, new bots, AI behaviors, dozens of encounters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1542 on: November 24, 2023, 07:08:16 pm »

SITREP Saturday #52: Zoom In" - An interlude! Yep over 100 new items are complete, but what if... YOU COULD ZOOM THE MAP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 25, 2023, 03:14:54 pm »

Oooh, map zoom!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #1544 on: December 22, 2023, 03:11:06 am »

...aw yeah, more on the map zoom ;)

Well then, we're well into Cogmind's 10th year now xD

As is tradition I've put up an annual review over on the dev blog, looking back over this year's milestones and also giving a heads up about what's to come. Check that out for more details about larger fonts, map zooming, the Scraptown expansion and more.

Worth extracting here is the video from my stream this week, in which I do the first real playtest of map zooming and related features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4NV3UzyaY

(Unannounced impromptu stream, and I was playing in the dev build, so in that sense not quite a typical stream, or even typical play since I was just fooling around, but... still didn't die despite doing a bunch of random stuff and wasting turns demonstrating features or causing chaos, was fun :P)
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104