Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Filler! Filler night!

Under the mooonlight.
- 4 (36.4%)
You see a sight that almost stops your heaaaart.
- 7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Fallout Tactics Screencap Playthrough: First part up!  (Read 3204 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Fallout Tactics Screencap Playthrough: First part up!
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:49:59 pm »

Hello everyone, as you may see from the title, I am gauging interest for something I have been interested in doing since... last week. This is mainly to show that people are interested, however I'm not trying to get attention, this is mainly to motivate me to work on this.

I personally, am not the best at strategy, however my deep love of it and Fallout has made me want to do this for a while. I also plan on doing some more RP like writing to add more flavor past 'Look at him! He's everywhere!' however, the quality may be lacking, but for now, just keep expectations low.

I shall be using one of the two turn based options, I have no used either beforehand so there will be usage of both on the first and second mission if only to see how they work;I would use real time, however it may be harder to get screenshots due to the action being faster.

Between each mission I plan on having a vote for which party members we will take depending on the selection for variety's sake, equipment however will vary depending on what I can get.

Since party members after being killed come back to the recruitment center type thing, I have decided to put a rule, barring me from using them again if it turns out they die.

This will be a short OP at least for a bit, so bare with me until it gets worthy of the other OPs here;I plan to add the first Mission by Saturday at the very very latest.

Sidenote: Due to contradictions, I will say this. If it doesn't clash with canon, it is canon according to Bethesda.

I hope everything is of satisfactory quality and is descriptive enough to get my message across. I wish everyone a happy what have you.

The story for those who don't know.

War. War never changes.

In the years leading to the nuclear apocalypse that would eventually destroy the world, a network of vaults were constructed to contain the best and brightest of humanity. By being shielded from the imminent death, the offspring of these people could reclaim and repopulate the Earth. However, before the entire network could be completed, nuclear war broke out. In California, a unit of military men were forced to take shelter in a scientific installation as the bombs fell. These men found out the scientists they were "bunked" with were performing immoral experiments on human subjects. They deserted the army, put an end to the tests, and bunkered down until they believed the outside to be safe. Emerging relatively unscathed and with ample supplies of pre-War technology, they soon developed into a regional power called the Brotherhood of Steel. Over the years they tamed the land of raiders and mutated threats as they searched for more technology, which they were dedicated to preserving in order to rebuild their civilization.

Although the Brotherhood was one of the most powerful forces in the wasteland, attrition was still an issue, and the group found itself at odds over the need for new recruits. One faction supported allowing tribals (human outsiders) to join the organization and bolster their ranks, while others wanted to keep the Brotherhood pure. In the end, the majority supported keeping the Brotherhood exclusive, and the minority supporting outside expansion was sent across the mountains on great airships to destroy the remnants of the super mutant army. However, a catastrophic lightning storm struck the convoy during the journey, destroying many of the ships and taking the leaders of the expedition with them. The survivors were forced to land outside the ruins of Chicago, unable to contact their main bases for assistance.

Despite the grim situation, the Brotherhood forces found they had much to offer the native population, many of whom had never seen such advanced equipment. They developed a working relationship with the locals, offering protection and medicines for food and labor. New recruits were eagerly welcomed. Free from the restrictive ideology of the main organization, the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel was free to forge its own identity, which reflected the inclusive ideals they had fought for all along.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:53:09 pm by Iceblaster »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Tactics Screencap Playthrough(Interest Gauge)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:39:10 pm »

It's a fun game, but the structure of the missions reminds me more of a puzzle game than a strategy game, so I stopped playing after acquiring the first vehicle.

Interesting idea, letting the community pick team members!  Wonder how it will turn out, he he he.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:06:12 pm »

I've never played it, but I've heard of it.

I'd love to see some screen caps and playalongs, though.

And I could give some nice, uneducated suggestions for actions.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 11:14:16 pm »

And I could give some nice, uneducated suggestions for actions.

Run towards the bullets!   :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 11:20:43 pm »

Heh.

Yes. The insanity of let's plays will be fun with Bay12 at my side!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 07:51:23 am »

Personally i tried this game once but i just couldn't go make myself play more than a few minutes.
I literally crossed the bridge killed 2 bandits and a dog or two and uninstalled.

I still can't tell why TBH because the game wasn't terrible.

I would follow a let's play tho.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 07:29:13 am »

Dont ironman that. In the last mission (part 3 of the last mission) i got stuck in doors because of a wrecked robot. Had to redo it all. To those uninformed, last 3 missions have to be done in one go.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 11:59:09 am »

Dont ironman that. In the last mission (part 3 of the last mission) i got stuck in doors because of a wrecked robot. Had to redo it all. To those uninformed, last 3 missions have to be done in one go.

Nah, wasn't planning on ironmanning as in 'One loss game over' however, I'll take that advice and plan accordingly.

Might have to make that more clear in the OP...

Also! Expect the first mission to be up friday, however I still have to sort out a few things having to do with screenshots.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 12:23:29 pm »

I like FT quite a bit. Not nearly open world enough for me to really like it, and it has some really odd stuff in it, but I've certainly gotten some good enjoyment playing it.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Tactics Screencap Playthrough(Temporary hiatus)
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »

First update, sorry for the short length, just wanted to get some content out before one hundred twenty days past :P

On another note, even though it looked like much I just realized how little words there are currently. Well it'll change when stuff actually gets exciting hehe.

Hello, I am (Data corrupted) however Farsight and Stitch prefer to call me Iceblaster. No idea why, maybe because it sounds cool. Regardless, I think it'd be nice to tell you about myself. I am a male of course, skilled in small arms, getting those locks open without a key and sciencing shit up.

I'm best friends with Farsight and Stitch, Farsight is good with a sniper and Stitch stitches. People. We got drafted for this Brotherhood of Steel and I for one am excited. Those badasses in power armor rule.

End of Journal 1

Today marks our first assignment. Farsight suggested I take the lead and well... Who could blame her. I'm pretty good with a pistol -and an SMG if it comes to it. We get the assignment details from our commander.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems simple enough. Get in, take these raiders down and get out. Here's hoping it goes as simple.

We arrived! It seems to be pretty quiet all things considered. Regardless, we head to talk to Brahmin Wood's elder -I swear whoever came up with that was thinking of dick- and get any last minute intel.

Seems to be a statement of what we just heard. Fucking hell... Anyway, we began up to a bridge, crouched and sneaking our lovely way in... Or would if we couldn't shake the feeling of an omnipresent enemy.

In no time flat, shots are being fired at us, I personally nearly got a hole in my head however Farsight got worse, mainly being bitten by a dog that possibly had rabies. It's dead though, fucking disgusting.

The raider who was shooting at us poked his head out, allowing us to fire back finally, however Farsight once again gets hurt, this time a bullet to her gut, she doesn't let out a yelp and simply returns fire before I tell Stitch and her it's time to get into cover, so we move up to a wall so we don't... Die and all.

Farsight peeks out of cover and sees tribals going to town on a raider, she gladly puts a few bullets down range. Eventually, they kill it. Hooray!

ERROR: TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED

Please leave any criticisms, and just another restatement, expect more pictures and words when things get more exciting than -basically- a tutorial mission.

Once more, apologies for a short first chapter so please don't get angry for that hehe.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:54:53 pm by Iceblaster »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Tactics Screencap Playthrough: First part up!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 02:13:16 pm »

Huh, never had the tribals help out before. Nifty.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One