Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 49966 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2015, 08:30:43 pm »

once you realize the end of their tail is like 90% of their hitbox theyre mostly harmless

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2015, 12:42:15 pm »

never played morrowind, but played all the other Elder Scrolls games. Thought about picking it up. What do you think of installing all 3 of the big mods together? Here is a video about how to do it.
Tamriel rebuilt makes the game bigger right? Does it add value content? Or just more stuff to run around in?
Rebirth: makes the game twice as hard right?
Overhaul: improves graphics right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ozQUZ8sqs

Definitely get the Graphics and Sound Overhaul - brings the look up to modern standards and makes it more immersive.  The only part of it I don't like are the new book jackets, which can be replaced or removed if you care enough.  http://www.ornitocopter.net/v3-0-release/

The unofficial code patch is also necessary.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2015, 02:41:11 pm »

I'd strongly advise against rising the view distance too far as the design breaks in places.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2015, 04:12:12 pm »

once you realize the end of their tail is like 90% of their hitbox theyre mostly harmless
Yeah, the trick is to face forward while attacking, instead of looking up at them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2015, 04:21:15 pm »

You can't just get rid of the cliff racers! You need their plumes for... something... I forget.

Edit: UESP says levitate potions
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 18, 2015, 04:36:11 pm »

Eh, I add in one of the magicka regen mods, too, and just cast levitate :V

Though more than that, from what I recall the racer removal stuff doesn't remove the plumes, just stops the critters themselves from spawning. You can still buy the things, and I'm pretty sure there's at least one alchy shop that does the whole infinite supply thing, if for some reason you need hundreds and hundreds of levitate potions.

And checking the wiki, the answer is not just "at least one", but instead seven different ones, one of which has a restocking supply can be stolen from a chest, meaning you can get functionally infinite amount of plumes while paying absolutely nothing and not having to deal with the screeching annoyances.

You may want the plumes, but you don't need the beasts themselves :P

... also, the other levitation potion ingredients are all cheaper to buy. So not only are plumes the worst ingredient, cost wise, for the potion, they're also attached to one of the most annoying creatures in the game. You can get rid of the cliff racers.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #366 on: August 18, 2015, 05:57:51 pm »

... also, the other levitation potion ingredients are all cheaper to buy.
Well, or you could get shitton of them from the easiest mob to kill, ever, if you didn't remove the cliffracers. Not to mention that I still don't see any reason to remove them.
Also, there are mods that don't remove them but instead make them die every time they're in range. So enjoy your free plumes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]