Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665458 times)

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2014, 07:45:45 pm »

they will be soon though right?
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2014, 07:46:50 pm »

In fairness quite a few people's backstorids seem to involve them in one way or another.

Rhaken, I don't have a copy of the world before starting the fort, but I should be uploading the save tomorrow, and you could look through that.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:33 pm »

The current save would do fine. I'll just do what I did with Steelhold: abandon, then wade through Legends for an hour or two and let my imagination run wild. Seriously, you could write entire novels from the stuff in Legends mode.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2014, 08:09:31 pm »

After the autumn migrants, I think I have everyone except Lokast dwarfed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2014, 08:21:46 pm »

In fairness quite a few people's backstorids seem to involve them in one way or another.

Rhaken, I don't have a copy of the world before starting the fort, but I should be uploading the save tomorrow, and you could look through that.
That I know of, the only other back stories involving them are about militant orders from before the evacuation.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2014, 08:37:18 pm »

Thane's Journal, Autumn 653.
Limestone
18th
Art tells me they've found cassiterite in the mines. Tin won't be all that useful on its own, but maybe we can find some copper and clad our warriors in bronze.

24th
Apparently there's bismuthinite on the same level. I really hope there's some copper here.

Sandstone
5th
We have some new kittens and puppies. Maybe we can create an army of war dogs to fight the bloodkin?

28th
Another group of migrants has arrived, bringing our numbers up to fifteen. Among them is someone who calls himself the Fractal Entity, another by the name of Talonis Wolf and one called Thanatos, who seems very eager not to let anyone see his face. Perhaps he's a fugitive?

Timber
13th
We found a pair of kobold thieves trying to rob us, but they were sacred away by the puppies.

19th
The caravan from the mountainhome has arrived, which reminds me that we don't have a broker. Fractal seems to best with dealing with people, so I'll let him have the job for now.

28th
After a week long drinking session with Vlad, Fractal finally spoke with the traders. We got some food and drink, a fair amount of cloth and enough copper goods to make three or four bars when we melt them down.

In the meantime, I've had the liaison following me around while I'm trying to work and refusing to talk if I'm doing anything else.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2014, 08:39:39 pm »

I think that the Bloodkin armies would attack various small islands around the old island from the days of Steelhold, leading up to the current attack on the mainland. Thus, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to have the back-story include the bloodkin.

EDIT: Remember to post the character profiles when your turn is over.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2014, 08:50:22 pm »

Jrock: there are no bloodkin on this continent yet.

Oddly enough, though, we do have at least one other character who's had a run in with the bloodkin and an entire organization dedicated to defeating it. I think it would be better to assume that the Bloodkin have been doing small attacks to test defenses and destabilize the south for at least a couple of years before the full invasion hit. So the timeframe of when his family got killed would have to be revised, but it should be possible to have Jrock's character be a survivor of a previous bloodkin attack.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2014, 08:59:32 pm »

I'm going to do some write-ups about this first year; MDF, what should I make the reason behind Gnora's fight with Vlad be?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »

i would like a male swordsdwarf named Thanatos.

Mythological Ancient Greek Reaper of Souls? Nice touch.

As for the Bloodkin, well, perhaps there are refugees coming from the other side of the pass? That'd explain the backstories with Bloodkin in them.

Edit: I just checked, and the sword is actually one of Thanatos Emblems. Along with butterflies, poppies, the "Theta" symbol and an inverted torch. That's right. BUTTERFLIES.  ???
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:09:14 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2014, 09:16:20 pm »

that will do...

Thanatos journal entry one

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY JOURNAL YOU ELF LOVER!!!! IF I FIND YOU I WILL RIP YOUR GUTS OUT CAUTERIZE THEM WITH FIRE THEN BURY YOU ALIVE. YOU $$%%%@#%##%#. SERIOUSLY RUN ELF LOVERS!!!

i have arrived at Demongate. the place is small though i hope that it continues to evolve. it seems we have many religious men in this fortress. i don't mind them as long as they don't force their beliefs upon me. you see i am an atheist. i lost belief in armork after my mom and sisters were killed. i have to explain to the overseer that my face is heavily scarred thus i do not show it. though i am a criminal but i do not believe i would be recognized. the Vlad guy is ok he is a straightforward guy. just want money and fighting. i think one of them were complaining about my cigarettes. well guess what i don't care!

We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2014, 09:18:44 pm »

thats right i reap souls in this case it shall be DEMON souls!!!!!!! yeah i love greek mythology did not know about butterflies though............... ok somebody right now find or make pictures of DEMON butterflies!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:30:50 pm by jrrocks05 »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2014, 09:31:13 pm »

It seems that it became somewhat popular within the past few centuries to begin one's journal with a warning towards those who read it, usually involving the incredibly derogatory comment "elf-lover."

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2014, 09:41:15 pm »

do Journal later playing to many games time went by fast. :P But I demand more hunting creatures.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »

I'm going to do some write-ups about this first year; MDF, what should I make the reason behind Gnora's fight with Vlad be?

Well, Vlad is a fairly loathsome guy in general. You've got a wide array of options.
I'm going to go with her just getting sick of Vlad's shit. The way he treats everything like a big joke and is utterly insensitive would work. Maybe he is very vocally contemptuous of farmers, and mocks her choice to spend her life digging holes and waiting for plants to pop out of the ground?
I don't really know why Vlad would hold a grudge - probably the fact that she goes out of her way to screw him on a frequent basis. If she stopped hating him he'd probably stop caring.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 172