Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665450 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #345 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:20 pm »

Well, crap, can I have that extra day?  I should be able to get part of the rest of the year up tonight, but idk about the rest of it.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 25, 2014, 07:50:51 pm »

Well, crap, can I have that extra day?  I should be able to get part of the rest of the year up tonight, but idk about the rest of it.

I say go nuts and take the extra day, because I need closure after the Year of Brenzen.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:18 pm »

Out of curiosity, why does everyone think Brenzen is insane?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2014, 07:54:16 pm »

Yup one more day sounds good, also can you post the character sheets of Tarmid and Thane please.

Ninjaed because I think he is a nut job.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2014, 07:55:51 pm »

We think he is insane because he scared the crap out of the fortress and is a religious NUTJOB.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2014, 08:17:33 pm »

I'm not worried about Brenzen so much as what inevitably goes after him. You start with one well meaning and devout person who builds a devoted and powerful group, then they become more fanatical, then harsher and more hypocritical, and finally you end up with a group who go around burning people with impunity, especially when they already keep as many secrets as the Knights. Plus, in character Thane just doesn't like religion, nobility, secrecy or magic, and the Knights seem to have all of those in spades.

Take the day if you need it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 25, 2014, 09:01:59 pm »

Brenzen is totally sane, just not by Vlad standards.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2014, 09:08:59 pm »

Brenzen is totally sane, just not by Vlad standards.
I see.

NEW UPDATE!!!! YEAR NEARLY OVER! BRENZEN IS PARANOID ABOUT BLOODKIN!

23 Malachite:
Work on the new trade depot is going well, as is the defensive wall.  Perhaps most importantly, however, is the new migrants who just arrived.  The first of them introduced himself as an engraver, one of the fortresses first, and offered to begin engraving his new home to make it more livable for dwarves.  I immediately agreed, and he set to work smoothing the stone with incredible speed.
16 Galena:
Little of import has happened, until now.  A human caravan that was passing through decided to stop at the fortress, allowing us to trade our dwarven goods for food and booze.  The real question is how they plan on getting out again with all the construction going on.
19 Galena:
Sneaky kobold tried to slip into the fortress through the yet unguarded trade entrance, but scampered off when it was discovered.
4 Limestone:
The defensive wall is complete, and work has begun on a storehouse to hold large amounts of trade goods near the depot.  Other projects for the betterment of the fortress will follow.
11 Limestone:
The FractalEntity finally got around to trading at the depot.  I never trusted that dwarf, but he got the job done, trading for all of the various exotic cheeses the traders carried, such things as are not seen in dwarven meals normally.  Every dwarf will dine well for the next few weeks.
17 Sandstone:
Work has begun on the emergency shelter, should our military be overrun.  I will oversee it being stocked with food and booze of the highest quality, should the need arise that we must flee from the darkness.
26 Sandstone:
More migrants have arrived.  Most excellent.  Soon the fortress will be swelling with life.
1 Limestone:
One of the stonecrafters was taken by a fey mood.  I wonder what will come of this.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 25, 2014, 09:12:55 pm »

Gnora lived in a rather isolated fortress. Although she knows about the legends of Steelhold and venerates some of its heroes as demigods, she knows neither of the bloodkins' continuing existence nor of their imminent threat.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:27 pm »

*Looking at a piece of cheese* ......... What in holy demon anus is this strange food! *Throws strange yellow holed food at wall nearly missing Gnora head* I demand the forts meals made out of 100% meat or at least 60% with some plants thrown in with it, But I am not eating this yellow block, don't you agree with me gnorm?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #355 on: March 25, 2014, 09:54:06 pm »

Wait, nearly missing?

In any case, that strange mood reminds me of something: if a weapon/armorsmith gets into a mood, can we try to ensure that they use a metal that's actually useful in warfare (Thane instantly gets possessed and produces a lead halberd).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 25, 2014, 10:05:23 pm »

Wait, nearly missing?

In any case, that strange mood reminds me of something: if a weapon/armorsmith gets into a mood, can we try to ensure that they use a metal that's actually useful in warfare (Thane instantly gets possessed and produces a lead halberd).
nearly missing where?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 25, 2014, 10:35:50 pm »

I just thought that Dan put it strangely when he said that the bit of cheese he threw nearly missed Gnora

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 25, 2014, 11:11:42 pm »

Thane's favorite metal happens to be brass, and I believe that metalsmiths will demand their favorite metal if available. If there are adamantine wafers smelted, I think that they will automatically choose those.

Gnora glared intensely at Dantheman after he finished asking his question. She was not at all pleased that he had decided to throw his food at her, and she was even less pleased at his continued mispronunciation of her name.

"My name is Gnora," she huffed, "Frankly, you've been a real pain lately, always snooping around and making a fuss." Gnora made a face to indicate her disgust, then turned began to clean the globs of cheese from the walls behind her.

Dantheman shrugged and began to walk away; all that he really wanted was some fresh meat. As his foot-steps began to sound, Gnora began to collect herself and think about the Sir Brenzen's current actions. Could he, like the nobles in her old fortress, be attempting to phase agriculture out of Demongate? Would her migration be for nothing? She turned and quickly began to run in the direction of the other dwarf.

"Dantheman!" she called, "Wait up!"

Dantheman hesitantly turned to face her; he was not eager to be yelled at again. He noticed, however, that Gnora no longer appeared to be mad, but rather concerned.

"I think that you're right -- not about the meats but the cheeses. I came over here itchin' to make my work meaningful, and now instead of drinkin' my home-made beer, this Brenzin fellow is importin' everything from the humans. I do declare that this behavior is downright... noble."

Gnora paused and began to ponder for a short time, leaving Dantheman quite confused as a consequence.

"Listen, I don't know much about this 'order' of his, but I think that Brenzin is up to somethin'. I reckon that he's eager to turn this expedition into his own little duchy, and his 'knights' are just the force he needs to accomplish such goals.

"Don't repeat any of this; it's still a little early. Still, I think that we best both keep up our guards, in case Brenzin tries to pull another stunt."

Gnora left the bewildered dwarf in a hurry, hoping to return to her work.

Dantheman shrugged again, and began to leave.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:01:55 pm by Gnorm »
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 25, 2014, 11:38:18 pm »

Just to clarify: did I get dwarfed yet or not? Some flavor bits in texts depend on it.

Thane's favorite metal happens to be brass, and I believe that metalsmiths will demand their favorite metal if available. If there are adamantine wafers smelted, I think that they will automatically choose those.
Dwarves pretty much ignore everything in order preference > distance > mood swings. In other words, Thane would take a dozen additional steps to her favorite brass or something like that. Good option might be forbidding every inferior metal on several floors for a moment to ensure a proper base for artifact. Failing that, if dwarf needs some other ingredients, it's possible to forbid already gathered items. Well, I think you know all those little tricks yourself.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 172