Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Games Report, June 1st, 2014  (Read 103354 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Bay 12 Games Report, June 1st, 2014
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:14:30 pm »

The Bay 12 Games Report, June 1st, 2014

Mission Status

The time has come!  We are planning to release the next version of Dwarf Fortress in the beginning of next month.  We are grateful to all those who have contributed time, energy, and money to help us along!  Many of you understand how this process works, but the rest need to know how Bay 12 Games operates.  Dwarf Fortress is more than a game.  It's a kind of art project that has been in production for over 10 years, and you are part of it!  We need everyone to help find bugs, show newbies how to play, and generally spread the word.  It will take time for the new version to be as stable as the one that's out there now.  Not to mention all the mods that will have to be re-calibrated.  We know that without all the people working and contributing, Dwarf Fortress would be just another failed oddity of a game.  But people are getting involved with the project.  Everyone is doing their part, answering questions on the forums, contributing to the bug tracker, building great mods, and telling their friends about DF!

Congratulations to the generous!

Fun with Numbers

Unlike my March 2013 prediction, this one is more ironclad, so look forward to it!  I was hoping to get the game together before the two-year anniversary on the 4th of this month, but I only managed to wipe out a little over two-thirds of the list in May, so we're just going to wind things up properly now, with a bit of a cushion but also a deadline.  Sorry to those expecting it this week!

In other news, many of you know that I've always been far behind in my reading of the threads over in the suggestions forum, sometimes years behind with my comprehensive categorization, but over the last three months I've managed to catch up entirely.  It isn't possible to read every post in every thread, but I've checked every opening post out, scanned the reply posts, and taken notes (on over 12000 threads...).  I suspect that many of the faster usability ideas will make it in during the bug-fix period and during the job priorities work that'll follow this release.

May:       $3705.91
April:     $6428.15
March:     $3606.70
February:  $2803.99
January:   $4040.37

Reward reminder:  If you support us, you can pick either a Story Reward or a Crayon/Colored Pencil Art Reward.  A Story Reward is basically a mini-Threetoe story (examples) and a Crayon Art Reward is a crudely drawn scene which we sketch, color in, and mail to you, anywhere in the world (assuming your contribution covers postage, which is about a dollar almost wherever you are).  We take personal requests for either reward as well, he he he.  You can also be listed among the Bay 12 Champions.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!