Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180926 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 71 Mocking the (half)dead
« Reply #1230 on: April 01, 2015, 04:45:07 pm »

First James uses 6 shards to increase his endurance stat.
Then he walks up to Azenfar and says

"Hi. I'm James, sorry about our introduction. You look like you could use some healing."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 01, 2015, 05:02:42 pm »

"I'm Azenfar, and I really could."

((No karate lessons when he was a kid? ;)))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 01, 2015, 05:21:41 pm »

((No, you were learning how to use magic to fly))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 01, 2015, 05:22:58 pm »

"Alright. If you're willing to offer anything in exchange, that would be great. Maybe one shard?
I'll heal you either way."

Fully heal Azenfar.
Then craft 2 more healing essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 01, 2015, 05:50:39 pm »

((No, you were learning how to use magic to fly))
((And here I thought he was learning to flash step! Shame magic works differently in this world. ;D))

"Alright. If you're willing to offer anything in exchange, that would be great. Maybe one shard?

Fully heal Azenfar.

"Deal."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:31:15 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 01, 2015, 07:23:24 pm »

Don't let him get away! One more strike and since he's running away, aim it at his back.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 03, 2015, 02:18:15 pm »

Continue the travel. May the luck be with me this time!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 03, 2015, 02:46:17 pm »

Abomination needs to quit playing around and end him. Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 03, 2015, 04:33:31 pm »

Minor warning: Don't panic.

I will be away from computer during the weekend, update will come monday.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 03, 2015, 05:18:21 pm »

Start running around in panic. Screaming gibberish.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 04, 2015, 01:30:09 pm »

FallacyofUrist cancels lurk on forums: interrupted by Roll to Magic!

Name: No (that actually is his name, yes, No is his name)
Affinity: The Evil Eye (causing physical or mental harm by glaring or staring at target)
Description: He defies description, but his black cloak with many pockets is very obviously his defining feature.
STR:0
DEX:1
SPD:2
END:2
POT:3

(I would like to mention that I am new to these forums and I would appreciate any guidance I can get.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 06, 2015, 04:59:48 pm »

Turn 72

"How unfortunate. At least there's more slaves to be had." Try again.

CMP [6]
POT [2+2=4]
LUCK [3]

Raman refused to venture forth without at least some demonic enchantment, calling again for a general deamon to be used as a boost. This time, results were more impresive, but not by much. One that he summoned was traped within daemonollogists right leg, coloring it sicly purple, yet resulting in absolutely no other changed properties.

shape the cube into a short sword.

HEY YOU WITH THE BIG SWORD! WHATS YOUR NAME?!

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [2+1=3]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Despite Flares' atempts, steel refused to take up a shape of a proper weapon. It changed form into a hexagon, which was kinda closer to a shape of a sword, but still not realy usefull and still with razor sharp edges. Could it be that fate prefers maces? The guy with proper sword did not react to ferromancers shouting, maybe he was lost in thought, maybe he was just too far to hear.

First James uses 6 shards to increase his endurance stat.
Then he walks up to Azenfar and says

"Hi. I'm James, sorry about our introduction. You look like you could use some healing."

Fully heal Azenfar.

CMP [4+1+1=6]
POT [2+1+1=4]
CMP [2+1+1-1=3]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
CMP [6]
POT [1]
CMP [5+1+1-3=4]
POT [4+1+1-3=3]

Deal made, James got to work. It was surprisingly rarely that he had a chance to practice benevolent side of his skills in this place. He began by fixing gaping wounds in Azenfars' chest, as he was close to bleeding out from these. The spell was almost enough to fix the damage, but not quite. Second spell had a bit too much power and slight lack of control, resulting in any wounds Azenfar had being quickly closed off by cancerous cells. Oh well, if he wins and acends, then he won't need to worry abaut such things as cancer. Neither will he wory if he get's killed, but James remained positive.

Don't let him get away! One more strike and since he's running away, aim it at his back.
Abomination needs to quit playing around and end him. Two more aether essences.
BECOME A PORTAL TO THE WARP, ALL SHARDS USED TO DO SO
Time to run. Away from the iron man.Once I can feel magic again and if the iron man is still near me then steal Density from his armor and apply it into my arms.

SPD [5-1=4] vs [6] vs [2] vs [5]
STR [2]
END [2]
END [2+1=3]
STR [2-1=1]
END [4]
CMP [3]
POT [5+2+10+5=22]
LUCK [1]

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [3]
POT [4]

Crimson struck again, and once more Ishin shruged off the punch with no damage. Was it because he now moved slower and couldn't get the momentum? Was the null field affecting his metalized body? Even though his opponent was in too much pain to move, Crimson could not inflict any reasonable damage.

Despite Jases' encouragment, abomination continued smacking sorceror just hard enough to hurt. It would prove to be it's undoing, as Romanticarnus realised something. Even it this damned silence, there was still a source of power. Even with his body mangled, it still had a use. Sacrifice. He began by igniting shards he had with magical flame, shaped the purpose of the spell, and then threw his own soul into the mythical flames. Dormant chaos energies of essense he had once coaxed from warp portal burned too, but they were diferent. Crafted from power that once belonged to Malal they rebeled, distrupting purpose of the spell and transforming it all into raw destructive power. Burning power instantly burned both abomination and Romanticarnus to ash, but as it spread outwards, null field took efect. Two spells of great power fought violently before both dissipated, destroying eachother uterly. Unnatural silence dissapeared, as Crimson regained his wings and tools.
{!Null field gone!}

Continue the travel. May the luck be with me this time!
SPD [(3+1)/2+1=3]
LUCK [4]

Kahel continued his trip back, once more fairly uneventfull all the way to the end. As he stood next to the shore of blood filled lake, he noticed that something huge and invisible was burned away by a pale flame. Few mages were located near this anomaly, and likely would be able to tell more.

No, the warlock of Untherkan entered the arena. Some would make jokes abaut is name. They would usualy soon notice that somone was looking at them, a cold unblinking gaze. Few would survive five minutes after noticing. Rest would actualy have time to feel regret.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:11:36 pm by DreamerGhost »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 72 Artistic suicide contest
« Reply #1242 on: April 06, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »

((hehehehe remind me to never take a healing affinity, and to always make sure anyone that heals me uses essences))

"........ok now im starting to get angry...."
TRY AGIAN! CHANNEL MY RAGEEEEEEEEEE
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 06, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »

Respawn

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 06, 2015, 05:35:27 pm »

Respawn

As what would you like to respawn?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 506