Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180452 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 72 Artistic suicide contest
« Reply #1260 on: April 08, 2015, 07:23:56 pm »

((Oh, I suddenly realized that I couldn't see that they battle from the other shore. Thanks.))

Walk around the lake anti-clockwise and greet the first mage I'll meet. Make three essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 08, 2015, 07:27:00 pm »

(( I somehow mistok you for Beirus. You kinda can see other side of the lake, though it is obstructed a bit by a flesh island and a dragon.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 08, 2015, 07:41:23 pm »

island? since when I thought it was a lake full of blood?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 08, 2015, 10:18:05 pm »

Thought I had done something.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 09, 2015, 05:41:33 pm »

Turn 73

"........ok now im starting to get angry...."
TRY AGIAN! CHANNEL MY RAGEEEEEEEEEE

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [3+1=4]

Hexagon of steel reshapes itself, becoming thinner, one side becoming rounder while other becomes flatter. After spell finaly loses its power, Flare can finaly consider himself armed. The steel sword is well balanced, nicely ornamented and properly sharp.

No appeared on the surface of the world. Looking around, he noticed two other mages in his general vicinity. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Two at once was a bad idea, but an alliance could bring many benefits, including the death of the other mage. "Excuse me, mr. purple leg, would you like to team up and kill that other guy?", he said, indicating the other mage who seemed to be getting angry. "As for the terms, we split all shards 50/50 and loot is subject to negotiation."

Edit: If purple leg mage doesn't respond, create three Evil Eye essences, and meditate a bit, trying to focus on the secrets of this world.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [3]
POT [1]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [3+1-2=2]

Purple mage seemed to be lost in thought, possibly arguing with inner demons, quite likely, literaly. As such, No too focused inwards, colecting power for later use.

".....Did you seriously just give me cancer?"
"Sorry. Shouldn't cause you any real problems. Here's your shard back anyway."
Give Azenfar his shard back.

Then bring Endlessblaze's body to the forest and bury it.
Make 3 healing essences.

SPD [(4)/2+1=3]
CMP [5+1+1=7]
POT [5+1+1=7]
CMP [5+1+1-1=6]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]
CMP [2]
POT [1]

James gave Azenfar his shard back, and tw mages parted ways, each going off to a diferent forest. Azenfar went off to the west as James draged Endlessblazes' corpse back to treehouse forest for burial. Another passing mage dead, another pit and another body returned to land. How many more would reach same fate? Possibly enough to break the rusted shovel James used, but it did not stop the healer from doing what's right.

"..."

Stab Ishin with my force spear.
How about reverse healing and giving Crimson my Wounds.
Manipulate the aether to disrupt or suppress Isshin's ability to cast. 3 +1/+1 essences
And make another aether essence.

SPD [1-1=0] vs [5] vs [5+1=6]
CMP [1+3=4]
POT [6+3+1=10]

STR [2-1=1]
END [6]
{I was giving you a hiden bonus of +2 to STR rolls this entire time as it is metal against bone. Dice gods hate you.}

Jase quicly understood the ramifications of silence field dissipating. Even with an insurmountable physical advantage that Crimson had, all that Ishin needed was one well placed spell to turn this around. restoring whole field would be wasteful, so aether mage opted for more personal silencing spell. Spell was successful, but in his haste he allowed power run wild a tad too long, and suffered from same inability to cast as Ishin.
{Ishin and Jase silenced, 2 turns}

Crimson meanwhile, renewed his assault on Ishin, now that his weapons were working again, there was no reason not to use them. Force spear struck straight into sternum, magic weapon clashing against bone, yet against all odds, bone emerged victorious, as force spear slid away leaving only a scrach. Sufering from yet another strike upon burned flesh ishin wondered if some gods were feeling particularly nasty today and just towards whom exactly.

((Oh, I suddenly realized that I couldn't see that they battle from the other shore. Thanks.))

Walk around the lake anti-clockwise and greet the first mage I'll meet. Make three essences.

SPD [(4+1)/2+1=3.5]
CMP [4+1=5]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [4]
POT [5]
CMP [1->1+1-2=0]
LUCK [6] {Power}
LUCK [1] {Temperature}

Kahel moved out towards other side of the lake. Somone had to know what that dragon was doing here. It felt nice to walk over lush grass after the desert sands, brief as that experience was. The first mage that Kahel met did not seem to be in the mood for questions though. ke seemed to be screaming and cursing, and even though Thermomancer could had sworn that at least half of the curses were actual spellwords, not even a spark of magic apeared. Leaving the angry mage alone for a while, kahel opted to craft a few more essenses. But this time his obsidian staff failed to save him from backlash of a failed spell. Frost colected around thermomancers' left leg, chiling to the bone and freezing even some of the blood solid.

A new chalenger entered the arena... and another returned.
Mysterious mage known only as The Gambler steped through the portal, so certain of his victory, dressed in clothes of fashion and toying with his favored dice in one hand. But truthfully, why would a man capable of twisting fate itself feel fear?

Chrisicus Romanticarnus returned to the arena, seemingly with no knowledge of what had happened to him before. Would this fresh copy be more favored by fate? Time would tell.
{You get one copy, after this one any other new Romanticarnus will consider dying again not worth it}

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 73 Equal divine hate
« Reply #1265 on: April 09, 2015, 06:25:31 pm »

"I don't get this at all..."

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 09, 2015, 06:32:52 pm »

"Hmm. This seems like a rather dangerous place to be, what with the mage density bein' so high an' all. Even if nobody's tryin' to kill yah, a fumbled spell most certainly will, if ya not lucky, of course."
The Gambler heads northwest, trying to find a nice peaceful, flat spot on the plains, hopefully on top of a small hill. He makes 2 essences as he walks.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 09, 2015, 06:34:25 pm »

"I'm not sure his sanity is focused... or existent, really. Hmpph." No noticed another mage step through. "Another one."

Head off to the south. Create three more Evil Eye essences. In the event I am followed by a hostile, use my chaotic essence and my +1cmp essence in a Glare in their direction which will cause rapid atrophy of their muscles.

(funny how you can see nos in many words if you look.)

Edit: If YourMaster tries punching my face, use chaotic essence and +1 cmp essence to atrophy his arms rapidly.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:18:45 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 09, 2015, 07:15:05 pm »

Fly to the flesh island in the middle of the blood lake. Loot!
Make 3 more healing essences.

While I'm away, ask Grundar to clean up the gory mess left behind by Etszu.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:05:32 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 09, 2015, 07:53:27 pm »

Punch nearest face in anger.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 09, 2015, 09:18:46 pm »

"ahhhhh finally it wo-ploting to kill me while standing so close? fool. wait......is that....the mage of the evil eye!? as inclined as i am to see if the rumours of his power are true i had best not risk it...."

while no is distracted attack with my sword slashing his eyes. if i miss then follow it up by moveing my sword through the air at him (my sword is metal after all)

((just how many of us have angered the random number gods))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 09, 2015, 09:28:50 pm »

Does anyone know any magical affinities that'll help me flash step?

EDIT: Can 'kamehameha' be counted as a magical affinity?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:31:38 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 10, 2015, 04:45:02 am »

Andres, you thrice damned fanboy...

Teleportation and force.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:37 am »

Jase notices the mage next to him, turning to face him. "Ah, hello there. Come to watch the fight as well? It looks to be an interesting one. And I suppose your leg is like that from magical backlash?" He greets Kahel.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 10, 2015, 05:07:14 am »

Andres, you thrice damned fanboy...

Teleportation and force.
:P

Ok, so I googled the definition of 'force' to see how it might help with flash-stepping in a way that acceleration can't. At first it seemed to be the same thing as acceleration but then I realised the difference is that force is the enacter of acceleration. So...while having acceleration lets me freely change the acceleration of things that already have it, force will let me create acceleration in the first place, leading to the conclusion that it's....totally useless. Everything already has acceleration - I don't need to create it on my own.

Teleportation could work, but I'm not sure if it would be any safer than using only acceleration. On a 1CMP:6POT for acceleration, my internal organs liquefy. On a 1CMP:?POT for teleportation, I'll appear missing almost-certainly useful parts of my body, up to and including my head.

EDIT: Acceleration-based flash step might even be safer because on a bad magic roll I can still roll END to see if I survive or remain unharmed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:23:42 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 506