Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180179 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 163 Injuries traded
« Reply #5385 on: June 05, 2016, 09:34:23 pm »

((Taser 2-1 Blade Cannon))
"Two down, four to go! Now let me enchant that sword cannon too."
Enchant the blade cannon so the blade shot absorbs electricity from whatever it stabs back into the cannon. 1 +1/+2 and 2 +1/+1 essences.
First is CMP or POT?
((first is CMP))

Woah! What the hell just happened to all the fire? Oh! You there in the fancy clothes! I'm here to help!
Chorkinaan runs to the Gambler and, unless Gambler disagrees, stops his bleeding by capping off his disintegrated arm's stump with physicality material. Chorkinaan readies himself to block anything physical with the "shield" or dodge anything non-physical.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: June 05, 2016, 10:07:16 pm »

PM action.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: June 05, 2016, 10:34:36 pm »

Try to find my way to a main hall and form 2 essences.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: June 05, 2016, 11:21:46 pm »

turn the dove feather into a phoenix feather, and try to find a seed
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: June 06, 2016, 12:11:23 am »

Stay underwater, I still have some time left. Water-spike this damned thing!

((If this is not possible due to speaking issues... I have a blade. Use it in merfolk fashion. Also, why, RNG? What have I done to you?!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: June 06, 2016, 08:47:45 am »

Playing rough, are you? Take THIS!!!

Fire the dakka cannon at the cyan eye!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:45 am »

Cautiously explore the tower?  Look for useful enchantments to copy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: June 06, 2016, 07:33:56 pm »

Skeliborn

Action:
Enchant the dakka-cannon to drain targets magics into a +cmp ward over members of toam

Should 1000 eyes attack me and I can't dodge then block using Vortex Bane
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:04:00 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: June 08, 2016, 11:07:30 am »

"Shoot. I must've fallen asleep or something. Where's Jiksap, anyway? Might as well go find him."

Hop onto back of my fastest dinosaur and ride them as they track down Jiksap. Also craft 3 essences.

(I know thegamemaster123 IRL, so after June 23, my turns will be sent as PM's from him until further notice.)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: June 08, 2016, 11:41:35 am »

(I know thegamemaster123 IRL, so after June 23, my turns will be sent as PM's from him until further notice.)
((I can confirm this. Trewque will have limited computer access over the summer, so for convenience most, if not all actions will be sent through me. Actually, we may be able to work out a system in which his own account can be used, though this is uncertain.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: June 08, 2016, 01:39:14 pm »

Go find Viznor and get the omnicube instructions translated finally.
"Take care, I'll be back soon."

Summon a ring of healing and 2 more cure-alls on the way there.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: June 08, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »

((Just warning you, you're walking into a pretty dangerous zone and I may or may not have the essences to get the job done. Not that I don't want to do business, of course, but now might not be the best time.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: June 08, 2016, 04:28:58 pm »

Summon a glass armband that contracts until the bleeding stops, then place it just above the stump.
If absolutely necessary, move to outside the path of any incoming attack(s).
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: June 09, 2016, 10:24:54 am »

I pray again to my goddess asking for more help and make the wounds the gambler suffered absent

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 163 Injuries Traded
« Reply #5399 on: June 12, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »

Turn 164

Act One. Scene Seven. Mista J...

"More."

Mista J. grabbed a random bottle and chugged it. Again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mista J. discarded the bottle of liquid ten year old alcoholism and picked another at random. With a calm that would have amazed anyone who knew him he uncorked the bottle, placed the cork on the table and took a swig. The bitter liquid lost taste in moments after entering Mista's mouth and he noticed that yes, it was because he lost the ability to feel taste rather than the liquid stopping to be bitter. Mista barely managed to force out a sigh as he placed the bottle down on the table.

{Suicidal depression, 2/5, loss of taste.}
{Tipsy: -1CMP/+1POT}

A start.
Harden the orb into a bar, for, among other things, actual portability.

Duritarum focused onto the orb for a moment and down fell a bar of solid blood. It was a bit longer than a bar of metal would had been, it was more of a rod in shape, but that more added to its purpose than subtracted from it. With this area devoid of life, he'd have to find a new hunting ground, preferably richer than this one. But that was not particularly difficult in a place such as this.

Try to find my way to a main hall and form 2 essences.

Cuberac took a few left turns, then one to the right and then rose up a set of stairs only to find himself back in the main hall next to the exit. He was quite certain that he had not ever walked down a set of stairs, but such was the nature of magical buildings. His fingers now looked merely broken, rather than shattered.

turn the dove feather into a phoenix feather, and try to find a seed

Phoenix was one of, if not the, greatest mythical birds. Creating one would be a very complex task, heavy in both time and resources consumed. What Seva tried instead was to replicate a single feather. Even such a small part had some almost miraculous qualities. But the exact balance between how much power phoenix feather would require and how much a feather of a dove could contain was delicate and the task found Seva wanting. The feather turned a bright shade of orange, but that was the extent of transformation.

Stay underwater, I still have some time left. Water-spike this damned thing!

((If this is not possible due to speaking issues... I have a blade. Use it in merfolk fashion. Also, why, RNG? What have I done to you?!))

{I suspect the RNG is getting back at you for all the times you rerolled 1's}

Kahel looked at the flying jellyfish, feeling more hate than he had ever felt towards anything else. He dived beneath the waves and fired off a spell towards the maddening creature. The splash of water caused by the spell was barely noticeable, as a carp swimming past outdid it in magnitude. But Kahel would not let it end here. Fueled by anger and hate, he pushed through the pain and swam towards the jellyfish. He dived from underneath the waves as a shark attacking a surfer, plunging his sword with deadly precision into the jellyfish. It fell into the water and began leaking thick oil, never to rise again. After long last, Kahel was free of things trying to kill him.

Cautiously explore the tower?  Look for useful enchantments to copy.

The tower was even more interesting from inside than it was from outside. The halls tingled with symbols that were reveled and washed away by drifting aether fog on the walls. Several auras permeated the air. However, the magic here proved a tad too complex for Magus N.A. He decided to begin with the obvious and began looking through the writings on the walls. The magic extended from them some good distance away, magically speaking, and was astoundingly strange. Magus had never seen aether woven this way before. Only after the mannequin gently but firmly pushed Magus away to repair the damage he had done with his searches hitting dead ends did Magus consider that it was possible the writings were not purely constructed by aether magic.

James took flight toward the frozen mountains of northwest. There was only so much guesswork would carry him through the functionality of the omnicube, which meant striking a deal with Viznor. James prepared some medical supplies for that part of the work. However, he did not get all that far on his trip, as he paused to gawk at massive beholder trying to fight off several mages trying to kill it.

((Taser 2-1 Blade Cannon))
"Two down, four to go! Now let me enchant that sword cannon too."
Enchant the blade cannon so the blade shot absorbs electricity from whatever it hits back into the cannon. 1 +1/+2 and 2 +1/+1 essences.
First is CMP or POT?
Woah! What the hell just happened to all the fire? Oh! You there in the fancy clothes! I'm here to help!
Chorkinaan runs to the Gambler and, unless Gambler disagrees, stops his bleeding by capping off his disintegrated arm's stump with physicality material. Chorkinaan readies himself to block anything physical with the "shield" or dodge anything non-physical.
Playing rough, are you? Take THIS!!!

Fire the dakka cannon at the cyan eye!

Skeliborn

Action:
Enchant the dakka-cannon to drain targets magics into a +cmp ward over members of toam

Should 1000 eyes attack me and I can't dodge then block using Vortex Bane

Summon a glass armband that contracts until the bleeding stops, then place it just above the stump.
If absolutely necessary, move to outside the path of any incoming attack(s).

I pray again to my goddess asking for more help and make the wounds the gambler suffered absent

Mages split into two groups by their choice of action. The first group, consisting of Nihilum, Chorkinaan and Gambler focused on the fact that Gambler had an alarming amount of similarity to a rare steak. The wound on his arm was a clear priority, but it was swiftly solved with Gambler creating a contracting armband and Chorkinaan wrapping the stump up in special made physicality. Nihilum attempted to deal with the general wounded state of Gambler, but there was too much. Between him and the ring of regeneration Gambler had, they managed to deal with burns on his legs, allowing him to doge a bit more freely. To Nihilum's worry, his goddess remained silent.

{Gambler. No longer END roll on DEX rolls, No longer bleeding to death}

The other group of mages, consisting of Jiksap, Eterna and Skeliborn attempted to make use of their heaviest weapon - the Dakka-cannon - by pouring enchantments onto it to make it more useful. Eterna upgraded the ammo to drain electricity from the enemy to the point of local paralysis while Skeliborn enchanted the blades to drain magic, although any further enchantment he might had wanted faded from lack of power. Jiksap gripped claymore trigger firmly and pulled. The blades flew wide, passing by the Beholder, but when the hope was almost lost the seeking enchantment activated and blades flew towards the Beholder as if drawn by magnets. The green eye began bleeding some yellowish goo, but moved out of the range of enchantment before too much damage was dealt to it.

The very same green eye opened up revealing several rows of teeth, just as large and alarming as they had been within the chitin eye. But rather than try to eat them, the eye breathed out a yellow fog over them, covering the battlefield in yellow mist. If there had been grass or animals here, they would had withered and fled, but what were here were wizards and skeletons. Wizards began coughing as poison worked its way into their systems, but skeletal forces marched onwards. There were three large skeletons with two oversized axes each, and they bravely walked into the pool in an attempt to get closer to the Bigholder.

{Poison field. Each turn, all who breathe poison get a charge of Poison strength. Each turn, END roll for poison will be made against twice the poison strength.}

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

"Shoot. I must've fallen asleep or something. Where's Jiksap, anyway? Might as well go find him."

Hop onto back of my fastest dinosaur and ride them as they track down Jiksap. Also craft 3 essences.

{Ok. But do write in your turn that there is a PM with a turn so I won't miss them. (Other PM'ers are luckily doing stuff decent way away from anyone, allowing later processing without retcons.)}

Bob thought about Jiksap. Specifically, he thought about how he seemingly ran off somewhere, leaving him behind. This, of course, would not stand. His level of wizardly coolness rendered appropriate by a swift leap onto the T-Rex and he rode out on his mighty steed to find his friend, towards great adventure with a slight possibility of fighting undead and/or eldritch monstrosities. Sometime, somewhere, there would be a Saturday morning cartoon about all of this.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:33:01 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 506