Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176810 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 31 Dealing with deamons
« Reply #555 on: September 27, 2014, 02:15:04 am »

"Hmph. Nothing useful here. But still, such power..."

Poundering about possible uses of my weapon, I walk from the fully explored castle and, if nothing is suspicious, clim onto one of the towers (preferably using stairs this time) to observe landscape once again.

((I should have 6 shards instead of 2 as you modified shard powers and +1 POT = 1 Shard.
Also, what stat would my ethereal sword use in the attack? Possibly DEX? Would someone get to dodge it if he doesn't notice?))

EDIT: Thanks for reminder. Notice & kill yet another mage. Why can't anyone leave me and my property alone?!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:50:49 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 27, 2014, 11:47:51 am »

Observe surroundings, proceed into the castle carefully and be prepared to do magic.

Cast
"Dangerous Jumps: First episode." from my mental spellbook on anyone I see who is not aware of my precence. Use two normal essences for both phases of the spell. Finish the guiding session by delivering the finer points of my wisdom to his skull with my rocks.

Otherwise if I see anyone charging at me with hostile intent, keep my distance and then cast "Shaked, not stirred." on him. Use all essences for this. Finish with more traditional skullbashing.

Mental spellbook:
Spoiler: Shaked, not stirred (click to show/hide)

((Hopefully this is not so much of meta as reactions.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:24:48 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 27, 2014, 12:04:40 pm »

((AoshiMicho, two things.

1. While pretty, puting things in spoilers is not a realy good way to hide your actions to prevent metagaming.
2. Writing your action acording to what Sarrak wrote previously is not a very good way to pretend that we are not a bunch of metagaming bastards. Seriously, I don't mind it too much, but by your action, Aoshi will wait to ambush Whaz while he should not even know that anyone, let alone shadow wizard specificly is residing in the castle.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 27, 2014, 12:08:29 pm »

You have quite an interesting power, but I think you're using it wrong. You really should throw stones so that Whaz would jump to the side and off the wall, not simply up. If impulse is the same, stones won't do much against gravity, but one misstep could end shadowy mage.

As for the sword... Perhaps, use vector on the lower part of an arm holding it? You would throw against Whaz's strength if you affect the sword he prepared to stab you with. Against arm, even with moderate luck you will foil the attack. And with good luck...

Just my observation. Good luck trying to kill me.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 27, 2014, 12:19:17 pm »

"I appreciate the offer, but I was simply here to learn a new disease, not become your vessel, I have no desire in such things. Also, it appears to me you are stuck here, which means something more powerful has trapped you here. Anyways, what your affairs are our your own, and mine my own, but, once again, thanks for the offer.

Disappointed, I walk out of the magical field, and scan for other interesting locations.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 28, 2014, 01:16:02 am »

Find a small piece of rock and throw it at the black rune.

Edit: Action changed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:45:23 am by Crimson »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 28, 2014, 01:30:53 am »

"You might want to stay back until I sense them, Crimson. Those runes might be traps. Could explode you or turn you inside out or something."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 28, 2014, 05:59:01 am »

((AoshiMicho, two things.

1. While pretty, puting things in spoilers is not a realy good way to hide your actions to prevent metagaming.
2. Writing your action acording to what Sarrak wrote previously is not a very good way to pretend that we are not a bunch of metagaming bastards. Seriously, I don't mind it too much, but by your action, Aoshi will wait to ambush Whaz while he should not even know that anyone, let alone shadow wizard specificly is residing in the castle.))
((1. It's not for hiding anything as anyone with mind can just click and look. It's more for style, a spellbook if you will.
2. The Great Guide knows that important events are about to unfold here. I could rephrase it to be more generic but the end result is same. But I'll try to think up something and edit my action less metagamey.))

You have quite an interesting power, but I think you're using it wrong. You really should throw stones so that Whaz would jump to the side and off the wall, not simply up. If impulse is the same, stones won't do much against gravity, but one misstep could end shadowy mage.

As for the sword... Perhaps, use vector on the lower part of an arm holding it? You would throw against Whaz's strength if you affect the sword he prepared to stab you with. Against arm, even with moderate luck you will foil the attack. And with good luck...

Just my observation. Good luck trying to kill me.
((I'm not manipulating the cause, but the result. Weight, gravity and other forces doesn't matter here. Vector is compound of direction and speed, so if my stone has upwards vector with speed of 4 meters per second and I transfer it to you, you will be flying up with speed of 4 meters per second. With two stones it'll be double of that. Imagine the sudden stop in the end. 8)
But yeah, messing with a sword has potential for problems so I'll just go for something more lethal. I hope you like it. ;)

Edit: Action edited.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:29:22 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 30, 2014, 12:12:14 pm »

Look around.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 01, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »

Turn 32

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1+1=4]
CMP [2]
POT [4+1+1-1=5]
CMP [4+1-2=3]
POT [5]
CMP [3+1-3=1]
POT [1+1+1-3=0]

James was meditating. Even in this unfavorable position, the adamantine mech was a formidable platform of weapons. And his focus would bring it back on the road very soon.

Aether sense those obelisks to figure out if they have affinities or anything else about them I can. Use my +1 CMP essence. Then make another aether essence.

CMP [1+1+1=3]
POT [3+1=4]

Once more Jase reached out with his mind. What he found was a maelstorm of power. Trio of obelisks continiously clashed against each other with magic of unimaginable scale. It was so much, too much. Aether mage was owervhelmed by the sheer power that the stones radiated. Too exhausted by the ordeal, Jase had to rest for a bit. As he was catching his breath, the memories of force fadet and few details came into focus. The power of obelisks was in balance, with none having an advantage, and the magic was wild, there was no thought behind it.

Find a small piece of rock and throw it at the black rune.[/b

LUCK [6]

Crimson was meanwhile doing his own kind of testing. Something more practical, say, finding out how obelisks react to contact. Turns out that they would not react at all. Peeble bounced off from hard obelisk with no damage for either obelisk or peeble being caused.

"Hmph. Nothing useful here. But still, such power..."
Poundering about possible uses of my weapon, I walk from the fully explored castle and, if nothing is suspicious, clim onto one of the towers (preferably using stairs this time) to observe landscape once again.

EDIT: Thanks for reminder. Notice & kill yet another mage. Why can't anyone leave me and my property alone?!

Observe surroundings, proceed into the castle carefully and be prepared to do magic.

Cast
"Dangerous Jumps: First episode." from my mental spellbook on anyone I see who is not aware of my precence. Use two normal essences for both phases of the spell. Finish the guiding session by delivering the finer points of my wisdom to his skull with my rocks.

Otherwise if I see anyone charging at me with hostile intent, keep my distance and then cast "Shaked, not stirred." on him. Use all essences for this. Finish with more traditional skullbashing.

Mental spellbook:
Spoiler: Shaked, not stirred (click to show/hide)

LUCK [1] vs [5]
CMP [2+1+2=5]
POT [6+2+1=9]
CMP [5+2+1-1=7]
POT [6+2+1-1=8]

END [6+1=7]

Two mages entered castle proper. One comming from the dungeons onto one of the towers, another entering from outside. Whaz was temporarily blinded by the sun after spending a long time in the dungeons, and that allowed Aoshi to spot his oponent first. His spells were as precise as his movements had been up to now. Without fail, Whaz was sudenly thrown ten meters upwards in the air only to plumet downwards at even greater speeds. Such was the force of his fall that the aged tower floor colapsed when shadow mage fell. Same happend to the floor below. Sooner that Whazs eyes managed to ajust to the brightness of day, he found himself lying under few hundred kilograms of stone rubble with bruises all over.

"I appreciate the offer, but I was simply here to learn a new disease, not become your vessel, I have no desire in such things. Also, it appears to me you are stuck here, which means something more powerful has trapped you here. Anyways, what your affairs are our your own, and mine my own, but, once again, thanks for the offer.

Disappointed, I walk out of the magical field, and scan for other interesting locations.

LUCK [7]
LUCK [9]

"It was not an offer, though your desires are understandable." The avatar extended one of it's arms forward and slim streams of red shot forth, catchng Witness' left hand in their grip. Within his mind, plague mage heard the voice of the avatar, tenfold louder and clearer than before "We are not contained, yet we cannot enter. The temporal rift that formed when extradimencional transport device was destroyed here allows us to interact in a limeted way with the world of this day. We are the unity of all that is alive. Use us, command us, we care not what you think of your position. We have already succeded, we merely think that we could do better on a re-do."

With that the voice dissapeared and when plague looked down on his arm, he noticed several disturbingly organicly looking red lines forming a magical mark. There was something else, for when Witness thought of what it could be, a thought came to his mind, seemingly entirely of his own making, yet it had impossible knowlege. The Virus that Avatar consisted off was now contined just around his arm, ready to lash out at a command. Few more thoughts came from that place which informed him of his new power. It told of a nearby magicly protected vault that managed to survive through the teraforming.

Look around.

LUCK [2]

Alexander lookedd around the newfound lands, ripe for conquest. Some heinous beast could be seen doing something atrocious to a corpse in the nort.  Lakes of varied sizes were to east and west. Grassland was all that could be found to the south. There were some fortifications to the southwest.  There was also some strange creature, looking like a bunch of seaweed stuck together crawling towards him comming from the eastern lake.
((Sarrak, your blade being ethereal, won't triger rolls for nor STR nor DEX. Right now, it's something of a magic staff. You poke stuff with it, and the object is affected by the spell (of aging).  Your magic on a stick. The power is equal to what you rolled when making the sword.))
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 32 Mage of indestructium
« Reply #565 on: October 01, 2014, 05:15:13 pm »

"Careful, Crimson. These obelisks are in balance right now. If you disturb one of them, the results could be catastrophic. Although if you give me a little while to prepare, I believe I have a spell that might use them to our advantage."

Make two aether essences.

((I think I have a good idea, but I don't want to share it because then the GM might want to take away my toys balance it for fairness. It might make NAV's mech seem underpowered by comparison.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:19:17 pm by Beirus »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 01, 2014, 05:18:59 pm »

"Alright. I'll head up and check around."

Fly up and look around for anything else interesting.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 01, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »

((I think I have a good idea, but I don't want to share it because then the GM might want to take away my toys balance it for fairness. It might make NAV's mech seem underpowered by comparison.))

((These obelisks are there for a very specific and singular purpose. It is posible to direct that as an attack which would indeed make NAV's candy mech look weak. But if you screw that up it has very high chance of blowing up in your face. Good luck with that. Sacrifice a virgin for RNGeesus or something.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:17:28 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 01, 2014, 05:47:45 pm »

((I'm kinda wondering if the obelisks will grant an affinity to someone if they roll high enough in luck.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 01, 2014, 08:30:21 pm »

((I'm being used as a measure of overpoweredness. Cool. Aren't yous glad I'm a pacifist ;D
Btw, get hurt more. I need people to heal.))

Not quite enough essenses. I'm weary to use the chaos essenses for this. Craft 4 more.
While I'm at it, try searching the water for any treasure, maybe the mech stirred something up.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 506